Limmasol if we FC Progres

Smile

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, paisleyroad said:

Is there any way of knowing if it will be home or away first? fixture dates? or will that only be decided when first tie against Progres is over?

Not a clue but I do know that the Progress game is on Premier Sport again at the earlier time of 6.45. Check that though.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

They look decent.

It's always hard to tell you wonder if the standard of Opposition makes them look better, in saying that we were quite poor against Progress.

Just now, Smile said:

Not a clue but I do know that the Progress game is on Premier Sport again at the earlier time of 6.45. Check that though.

Cheers, family in Cyprus and was planning a visit next few weeks so wanna tie it in with the game.

2 minutes ago, paisleyroad said:

Cheers, family in Cyprus and was planning a visit next few weeks so wanna tie it in with the game.

If we get through then we are at home on the 13th July, and away the 20th (unless they change the day like they have for next week's game).

Looks to early a challenge for us right now but things can change quickly, with Alves coming into the team he brings a real presence at both ends of the park. Jack looks an excellent signing with Rossiter maybe being the other cog beside him. Big Niko looks a class apart for me and this guy Pena must have something about him........so maybe if we can click quickly we will take care of them.

A lot of positives but the negative for me is our defensive shape, even against that piss poor team on Thursday we looked rather fragile at moments and against better players you end up in a wee bit of trouble.

1 minute ago, Camshy said:

A lot of positives but the negative for me is our defensive shape, even against that piss poor team on Thursday we looked rather fragile at moments and against better players you end up in a wee bit of trouble.

That's what happens when your right back doesn't play his position and the guys who are meant to be sitting in front of the centre backs have to drop in there...

If we're getting caught out against a team from Luxembourg (and the same against most teams in the league last season) it makes the game plan too easy for any team with the slightest bit of quality.

I know everyone, including myself, was crying out for a decent defensive mid but there's no point having them if they have to cover other positions when we lose the ball

They will give us a game but remember they are only playing a team from Gibraltar in that game. We should have hammered that team on Thursday the same score but were poor. We are meant to be at home the first game on the 13th hope it stays that way as I have booked up for Cyprus leaving the 19th and back the 20th. 

we are going to have to up our game considerably if we are to beat this crowd; but i think with bruno coming in and maybe dorrans to shore up the midfield id be be quite optomistic; pedro please starting playing two up front, with niko spraying good balls into two strikers there will be plenty of goals, of that i am sure, but please no waghorn!

We had idiots writing them off and giving us a bye when the draw was made. Their ignorance knows no bounds. We will undoubtedly make life hard for ourselves in that tie too as we did midweek, if we are lucky enough to scrape past next week that is, so progression there is by no means a given. The away leg especially will be tasty.