Limmasol if we FC Progres

Smile

2 hours ago, harlands plater said:

That's the kind of result we should be expecting at this stage of the competition.

Maybe if we'd had a decent amount of time to get them all fit and used to each other. Caixinha's certainly got work to do but I'm sure we'll be stronger on Tuesday.

I just hope Krancjar's fit because he was very influential in the first half on Thursday.

I'm going for us to win 2-0.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Not a clue but I do know that the Progress game is on Premier Sport again at the earlier time of 6.45. Check that though.

The travel advice from tge club says it's a 6.45 ko local time so 7.45 for us here

Their transfermarkt value comes to around 6.6 million while ours comes to 17 odd if that is of any interest to anybody, probably not. The funny thing is, one of our most expensive player never started which was Candeias.

The other two weren't even on the bench, Pena and Herrera. Pena is rated at 3 million funnily enough, hope he turns out good!

4 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

Maybe if we'd had a decent amount of time to get them all fit and used to each other. Caixinha's certainly got work to do but I'm sure we'll be stronger on Tuesday.

I just hope Krancjar's fit because he was very influential in the first half on Thursday.

I'm going for us to win 2-0.

If that mob knock us out Pedro is a goner. 

5 hours ago, bennybongo said:

Think we'll go through no bother. No idea about the next round. Far too early to really say much tbh

Could very well have some new faces in before the second round, if we add some genuine quality such as Dorrans for instance, rapidly changes the complexion of the team. Alves too. 

1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

Unfortunately if we go through Athens 94' springs to mind.  We took one helluva beating there.  

AEK Athens 2 Rangers 0

"Rangers sunk by Saravakos' salvo"

...and we had an outstanding Andy Goran between the posts

10 hours ago, don logan said:

Didn't we get put out by a Cypriot when trying to get to the CL? Back in the nine in a row days? Famagutsa?

played them twice and went through twice, Gordon Durie scored first time round whenever that was 90 something and 2nd time I was in Turkey on holiday and Novo scored to take us through 2006/7 ish. Me my wife and two kids watched that in a restaurant, they got bored and fucked off and left me on my own, at our little booth we had food, drinks aplenty, when Novo scored I leapt out my chair to the middle of the restaurant, celebration over and load of people had filled my booth as my family had departed, swift exit and thanks for the free food and drink.

I saw Limmasol a couple of times last season and they were like us in the sense of they can pass it about but they threatened fuck all. 

The mob we're playing are training dummies and if we can't put distance between ourselves and them in the second leg then perhaps it'll be trickier against Limmasol than it should be.

Assuming we improve in the next and for the next tie we have new players in the first 11 then I think it'll be a narrow victory over well organised but ultimately lacking in talent side. 

Wouldn't read too much into their match. The gilbraltor team look woeful. Even though our scoreline against Progrès wasn't great, we did boss the game, can't remember them having any chances and we only took one of ours. 

This Cypriot team is clearly better than  Progrès and should be a good challenge for our squad. We will only get better, our players just need more time to gel. Hopefully they can progress fast enough so we can make the group stages. 

15 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

That's what happens when your right back doesn't play his position and the guys who are meant to be sitting in front of the centre backs have to drop in there...

If we're getting caught out against a team from Luxembourg (and the same against most teams in the league last season) it makes the game plan too easy for any team with the slightest bit of quality.

I know everyone, including myself, was crying out for a decent defensive mid but there's no point having them if they have to cover other positions when we lose the ball

Is that not one of the purposes of defensive midfielders 'to cover for others if they're out of position'?

1 hour ago, BF1 said:

Wouldn't read too much into their match. The gilbraltor team look woeful. Even though our scoreline against Progrès wasn't great, we did boss the game, can't remember them having any chances and we only took one of ours. 

This Cypriot team is clearly better than  Progrès and should be a good challenge for our squad. We will only get better, our players just need more time to gel. Hopefully they can progress fast enough so we can make the group stages. 

they had a stonewall pen refused