Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

sexual brady

1 minute ago, Queen's_highway said:

if i had a tommy gun

id shoot every fenian one 

just for walking on the ......

Every Fenian H** is actually the original lyrics btw 

Them being nazi harbouring bastards and singing pro nazi songs lead to pork heid being shut down to closed doors briefly. 

They have nothing on us, not even there favourite saying. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Every Fenian H** is actually the original lyrics btw 

Them being nazi harbouring bastards and singing pro nazi songs lead to pork heid being shut down to closed doors briefly. 

They have nothing on us, not even there favourite saying. 

their :rofl:

3 hours ago, zanderbear said:

Is that not one of the purposes of defensive midfielders 'to cover for others if they're out of position'?

Not really, that's why teams have so much time and space in the middle of the pitch where they can really hurt us on a counter, if a wing back is over lapping it should be whoever is playing on that side of midfield that drops, taking the guy out of the middle and leaving a key area open is problematic.

Its probably just me, but I think at this stage of the season where we should be playing friendlies and rustiness is an issue, that we'll go though 999 times out of 1000 against the teams that were FOURTH in the Luxembourg and Cyprus leagues.

FFS.....:duh:

3 hours ago, TrueBluez1972 said:

Its probably just me, but I think at this stage of the season where we should be playing friendlies and rustiness is an issue, that we'll go though 999 times out of 1000 against the teams that were FOURTH in the Luxembourg and Cyprus leagues.

FFS.....:duh:

999 times out of a hundred is a tad optimistic for the 21st century and may have been more accurate back in 1971/72 when Scotland had THE highest co-efficent in Europe and Cyprus were 33rd out of 33.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method1/ccoef1972.html

Today, the co-efficent table would suggest that the Cypriot League is pretty much on a par with the SPFL1.

Unless we suddenly click, we'll be going into the tie against Limassol as second favourites.

I lived in Cyprus for a couple of years and went to a few games. The quality wasn't great, but it wasn't complete shit either. On their day Limassol could give us a tough game. The away leg will be played in very hot and humid conditions - thank fuck we'll have a team full of Mexicans and Portuguese by then.