***** Official Progrès Niederkorn Vs Rangers Thread *****

24 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

It's okay mate, maybe you'll get to start the Limassol match thread. 

Maybe. 

I don't care who starts it, so long as it's an acceptable standard of match thread 

I wasn't even the first one to do match threads like that, it was OceanRain I'm sure. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

LOL, he is not up against fucking Iniesta and Kevin De Bruyne FFS. We were absolutely shite after he came off.

Yep I was at the game I saw for myself. 

But we weren't that flash with him on either.

Niederkorn defend deep and play 5 at the back. We need to stretch them and as quickly as possible to create overloads in order to create chances.

Niko, despite being the classiest player in the team, is too slow to play for us and will be found out in the SPFL again this season.

Once Pena comes into the team we will soon forget about him in my opinion. 

Feel free to say I told you so if I'm wrong at the end of the season.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Niederkorn defend deep and play 5 at the back. We need to stretch them and as quickly as possible to create overloads in order to create chances.

Niko, despite being the classiest player in the team, is too slow to play for us and will be found out in the SPFL again this season.

I agree he is really slow but we did stretch them quite a bit at the start of the game thanks to Nikos brilliant long passes out to either wing 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Any decent central midfielder should be able to play those passes.

Rossiter is capable of playing them.

No other centre mid played them on Thursday, only Niko had the ability to play a pass over the top to absolute perfection, don't know what your big issue is with the guy

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Any decent central midfielder should be able to play those passes.

Rossiter is capable of playing them.

You are basing Rossiter being capable of playing those passes on absolutely zero evidence. Rossiter did nothing when he came on. I think you are at the wind up now.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We need a mix of different styles in midfield - technically good at passing, hard in the tackle, quick box to box - Not everyone needs to run about fast. 

Niko will make our midfield tick no doubt about that. 

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Also, in all my years playing, watching and listening to football I have never heard anyone talking about creating "overloads". What the hell is an overload and how do you create it?

1 minute ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

You are basing Rossiter being capable of playing those passes on absolutely zero evidence. Rossiter did nothing when he came on. I think you are at the wind up now.

He done plenty. He's not the type of player who's going to woo you with skill or good finishes, he's crucial because how quickly he wins the ball and gets it forward

9 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

No other centre mid played them on Thursday, only Niko had the ability to play a pass over the top to absolute perfection, don't know what your big issue is with the guy

I don't have a big issue with him.

He is by far and away the player with the most ability in the squad and was a European class player in his day. I loved watching him at Tottenham and Hajduk Split.

I just think our build up play is way too slow. And as he is the main outlet its perhaps to do with that. 

If we want to get the best out of him, but not let it affect the teams style of play it may be better for him to sit behind two midfielders playing those passes. But I don't know if he's mobile enough to do the defensive positioning required for that position.

It's kind of like how we for a couple of years had to defend so deep to protect David Weir. 

For me, the qualities of one player, no matter how good they are should not affect the teams overall shape if it doesn't suit the rest of the squad.

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He done plenty. He's not the type of player who's going to woo you with skill or good finishes, he's crucial because how quickly he wins the ball and gets it forward

I must have missed the forward passes he made on Thursday. I think Rossiter could be good for us, but definitely not in an attacking sense.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't have a big issue with him.

He is by far and away the player with the most ability in the squad and was a European class player in his day. I loved watching him at Tottenham and Hajduk Split.

I just think our build up play is way too slow. And as he is the main outlet its perhaps to do with that. 

If we want to get the best out of him, but not let it affect the teams style of play it may be better for him to sit behind two midfielders playing those passes. But I don't know if he's mobile enough to do the defensive positioning required for that position.

It's kind of like how we for a couple of years had to defend so deep to protect David Weir. 

For me, the qualities of one player, no matter how good they are should not affect the teams overall shape if it doesn't suit the rest of the squad.

But you're suggesting using a defensive midfielder (Rossiter) to play his role, which he won't be able to do because he's not that type of player. We have no other player who can put their foot on the ball and cut open opposition defences with one swing of his leg. Every single chance we had on Thursday came through him. Including the goal. 

Just now, GrandSuckMaster said:

I must have missed the forward passes he made on Thursday. I think Rossiter could be good for us, but definitely not in an attacking sense.

Just about every pass he made went forward. Not over the top through balls, tackling winning the ball and keeping it moving, playing it into the forwards feet, he does it better than anyone else I've seen at Rangers in a long time 

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Just about every pass he made went forward. Not over the top through balls, tackling winning the ball and keeping it moving, playing it into the forwards feet, he does it better than anyone else I've seen at Rangers in a long time 

I like your optimism, even if I think it is misguided. Pena, Jack and Kranjcar will be our CM 3 until Dorrans comes in and replaces Kranjcar. I can't see a future for Rossiter.

Guest Lloyd72

Rossiter played a lovely 30 yard pass to Candeias on Thursday but I guess that doesn't count as a forward pass.

Rossiter has shown nothing to suggest he has anything like the creative ability that Kranjcar has or the passing ability.

I mean, Kranjcar may or may not do it for us in the long run this season, but to suggest that Rossiter could do what he does is just nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Rossiter has shown nothing to suggest he has anything like the creative ability that Kranjcar has or the passing ability.

I mean, Kranjcar may or may not do it for us in the long run this season, but to suggest that Rossiter could do what he does is just nonsense.

Correct 

I think Rossiter is a decent prospect but he is just that at the moment- a decent prospect 

he has got a career to carve out hopefully with us for some time to come 

25 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Rossiter is a completely different player to Niko. Even if Rossiter goes on to have a wonderful career at Rangers, it won't be doing the things we've seen Niko do. 

Archived