***** Official Progrès Niederkorn Vs Rangers Thread *****

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

But you're suggesting using a defensive midfielder (Rossiter) to play his role, which he won't be able to do because he's not that type of player. We have no other player who can put their foot on the ball and cut open opposition defences with one swing of his leg. Every single chance we had on Thursday came through him. Including the goal. 

Not quite. I probably haven't explained myself well enough though.

I think Rossiter can play in the holding position and spray long balls in behind defence and switch play. 

Yep he's not the creative player that we need though further forward with more intricate ability. But i'm trying to say I think Kranjcar is too slow to play the further forward role.

In my opinion I think we can have a better balance in the team and possibly create more chances by omitting our best technical player and having more dynamic and less static players.

Im less worried about Niederkorn and more worried that in the SPFL all it will take is a kicker that is a bit mobile to shut down Kranjcar and then we may have problems going forward.

I realise no one agrees with me though :lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lloyd72

This was Nikos passing in the first 10 minutes of the match yesterday, I genuinely don't think we have anyone else in the team that could make those sorts of passes on a consistent basis like he does.

IMG_1237.JPG

9 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Wes

Mccrorie          Bates         Wallace   

Holt                                                        Beerman

Kranjcar             Wilson   

Windass

Waghorn          Dalcio  

3-0 win For Rangers :rangers:

FS Lloyd . You on the piss :lol: 

17 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Hopefully a few new faces starting would like to see Morelos on and Niko threading some passes through to him... I will literally cry if waghorn is anywhere near the team 

16048284462_1860b65046_b.jpg

for Tuesday mate.

Both Morelos and Herrera played today, Waghorn, Miller and Dalcio did not.....reading between the lines it'll be the same front 3 with Niko as no. 10

10 hours ago, The Monk said:

if Pena is fit enough I'd be tempted to start him over Holt, Waghorn needs to go whether that's for Morelos or putting Miller down the middle. I thought Dalcio looked decent in spells of the last game but Candeias seemed to have a bit more about him when he came on although he was against tired legs.

id either go for a front 3 of Miller-Morelos-Candeias or Dalcio-Miller-Candeias.

Got to be Cadeias and Dalcio wide and Morelos through the middle, a proper midfield without Miller in it or something is seriously wrong. 

Nothing agaist Kenny but he should be a coach this season as I've no doubt he's handy to have around the squad and in all honesty dangerous to bring on for ten minutes or so up front but playing deep is an abomination 

5959451bbb554.jpg

I'd go with this, don't think we need a holding midfielder against pish teams. Just go at them. Give Niko a free role behind the top 3. Let jack and Pena control the middle. 

Morelos has to start for me, he's been on fire and half way through his season in Finland. That's about as ready as you can get. 

Personally go for 

Wes

Tav        A.Wilson  Cardosa     Wallace

Candias   Jack   Rossister      Beerman

Niko

Miller

dont know enough about pera and Herrera to start them think see how it goes possible change rossister for Pena as just back from injury and niko with morelas and push him upfront with possibly Herrera for Miller for the 3 rd sub 

5 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I wonder if Alves is gonna join up with the squad tomorrow or is he going to get a few days off?

I think he will be given a couple of weeks off tbh mate.

The Italian league finished later than ours and then he virtually went staright to join up with the national team via signing for us.

I think the first time we will see him will be in Cyprus.

At 35yrs old it would be a tough ask to join up 2 full seasons without a proper break.

2 hours ago, TheCutch said:

I think he will be given a couple of weeks off tbh mate.

The Italian league finished later than ours and then he virtually went staright to join up with the national team via signing for us.

I think the first time we will see him will be in Cyprus.

At 35yrs old it would be a tough ask to join up 2 full seasons without a proper break.

I'm a lot older than Bruno, and I didn't need a rest. The very second the referee blew his whistle on the last game of our season. I was ready, willing, and able, to watch us start a new campaign right away. Fuck holidays! Holidays are for wimps, and school teachers. (We'd never get anyone to teach our young, on the salary of a teacher, without all the holiday time. My daughter's a teacher, and don't mention the holidays teachers get to her. She always points out that teachers don't get as much time off as the kids. Yeah? They go back a whole day or two earlier to prepare for the next term) I realise I went a bit OT there, but I wanted to explain my reasoning via teachers time off.??

Archived