• Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Wes

Tav Cordoso Bates Wallace.

Jack Rossiter

McKay   Niko     Dalcio

Morelos

Swap Candeias for McKay and that is it for me. Peña and Herrera on for their debut in the 2nd half.

7 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Swap Candeias for McKay and that is it for me. Peña and Herrera on for their debut in the 2nd half.

Yeah actually considered that.  Not sure if it would become more a 442 that way rather than this option that could have Niko pinging balls to either flank for wingers feeding Morelos.

Regardless, pretty sure Miller will be selected.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah actually considered that.  Not sure if it would become more a 442 that way rather than this option that could have Niko pinging balls to either flank for wingers feeding Morelos.

Regardless, pretty sure Miller will be selected.

True, which will give us some more leadership. But I hope he stays up front and doesn't drift deep in to midfield.

Morelos could start on the left/right of a front 3 and batter his way through.

Waghorn really better not start. It is like playing with a man down. I'm resigned to starting with 10 men :megaanguish:

Foderingham 

<<< cardoso>>>            

Tavernier         Alves             wallace

Candelias         Jack                ??   

Pena 

Herrera    Morales 

Think we need to have defensive cover in that cardoso can sit few years deeper that Bruno Alves . Let big Bruno go snd win all the vital headers and leave cardoso a little deeper to cover when ultimately wallace and Tavernier are found missing in action.  

Jack can sit there and do all of the graft and that allows pena to make.late runs into the box. It's a major factor in our play where we.dont have people bursting a gut to try get into the box and feel like pena would be our solution to that part of the problem.

Candelias is not afraid to work back and watch we him the other night running 40 yards or so to sit in tav vacant space  til he sat back in. 

Herrera is.a big lad and can win balls to knock down to Morales whether that be from an upfield pass or from the wing.  The problem is who to play wide left for me. Dalcio does.not any better option than McKay at this point so it is a problematic area I would say for us right now. 

Would miller be our only option ? 

4-2-3-1

Foderingham

Tav 

Bates

Cardoso 

Wallace

Rossiter

Jack

Candeias

Miller

Kranjcar

Morelos

Doesn't look like the Mexicans will be 100% fit for this one game but hopefully next round.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If Waghorn starts, some serious questions have to be asked of our manager, no excuses to start him.

I think the only reason he started on Thursday is because Morelos and Herrera aren't quite up to speed yet

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I think the only reason he started on Thursday is because Morelos and Herrera aren't quite up to speed yet

This, the manager doesn't think Waghorn is a better player than both, you would be stupid to think that.

8 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Fod

Tav Cardoso Bates Wallace

Rossiter Jack 

Candeias Pena Dalcio

Morelos

Bring Kranjcar on last 25 minutes if we're struggling, think he'd have more impact late on in matches with more space.

That's not a bad shout re Niko 

29 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

7.45 local time Luxembourg ..... 6.45 GMT mate .... :tu:

:UK:

Thanks mate.. my old man gimme a scare texting me saying it's at 16.00 than he realised it's the first leg replay :duh:

Archived