***** Official Progrès Niederkorn Vs Rangers Thread *****

3 minutes ago, JCS said:

Can't say I'm at all surprised. I kept my mouth shut whilst we were signing all these players and, with the exception of perhaps two of them, they were all unknowns with no pedigree and no potential. I think we all got caught up in the general excitement of the mass signings and didn't really look to closely at the quality because the quantity was breathtaking. But I suspect we have exchanged Warburtons Wasters for  Caxhina's Calamities! I know it's early days, but getting a drubbing from a bunch of part timers from Luxembourg is simply unforgivable! No, it won't happen, but Pedro should be shown the door this evening. We've made a major, major mistake and we must rectify it immediately. No point waiting until the league starts, hoping that Dorrans et al will revive our fortunes. Act now before the cancer spreads. Wishful thinking I fear!

We've signed a heap of shit and have a ludicrously paid manager with ludicrously paid players again. 

McInnes was the man. Our support are idiots.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I am done whinging. Pedro says the team will improve. Too right, they can't get any worse after that.

The board will back him and I'll just have to keep supporting the team and hope that something comes out of this mess.

Onwards to the next match.

I thought that Pedro's seemingly tougher style and the players he was bringing in would result in his claim being proved correct that we'd see a transformed and much more competitive Rangers side this season.

Wrong.

All talk and nowhere near enough action to deliver on the big promises.  Which now look to be just a sales pitch to encourage ST sales and to build up hope.  A hope that appears on the evidence of these last 2 games to be utterly false.

The team has managed to do something I did not think possible.  And that's to be worse than a Warburton team of last season and worse than the team that could only scrape through to a 3rd place league finish.   And not just worse.  It's much worse.

Worse than all of that is we are stuck with Pedro until the pressure gets too much for him and he does a Warburton and bolts for the door.   Sometime around Christmas at the latest if the evidence of the last 2 games is anything to go by.    He will not be able to handle the pressure and the foreign players he's brought in will definitely not be able to handle the pressure of a result like this.    

We are laughing stock already and its only the 4th of July.    

Where does Pedro go from here?    There are some obvious answers to that. 

1 minute ago, JCS said:

Can't say I'm at all surprised. I kept my mouth shut whilst we were signing all these players and, with the exception of perhaps two of them, they were all unknowns with no pedigree and no potential. I think we all got caught up in the general excitement of the mass signings and didn't really look to closely at the quality because the quantity was breathtaking. But I suspect we have exchanged Warburtons Wasters for  Caxhina's Calamities! I know it's early days, but getting a drubbing from a bunch of part timers from Luxembourg is simply unforgivable! No, it won't happen, but Pedro should be shown the door this evening. We've made a major, major mistake and we must rectify it immediately. No point waiting until the league starts, hoping that Dorrans et al will revive our fortunes. Act now before the cancer spreads. Wishful thinking I fear!

Pedro has shown nothing as an innovative manager. His signings, going by what we've seen so far are poor except Cardoso who I see as a good player, Unfortunately his tactics are shite. Players like Waghorn and Windass have nothing at the level we need. Miller should be an impact sub, but only if playing up front central. Both our full backs leave us exposed. There's no precise, urgent passing that breaks down defences. We are a poor broken side and the season hasn't even started yet. 

Begin with sideways passing until we realise we're no good enough or accurate enough to break teams down. Next, try lumping it diagonally out for a shy or straight into the path of an opposing full back. And finish off with over-hit punts up to the centre forward. Meanwhile, no-one take any responsibility for crosses delivered into your own box.

Is this the plan Pedro?

I was just saying to my husband I can't honestly remember one game under this manager that I have thought we played well. Most of the time we've scraped wins or, in most cases, been absolutely destroyed. I'm so raging. He's out his depth because this type of result isn't acceptable.

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I was just saying to my husband I can't honestly remember one game under this manager that I have thought we played well. Most of the time we've scraped wins or, in most cases, been absolutely destroyed. I'm so raging. He's out his depth because this type of result isn't acceptable.

I fear we are in for another season of utter dross.  There is no end to this shitstorm.

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

After the game with clowns noising our fans up I came away saying he is worse than MW and a lady behind me tapped my shoulder and said I agree but I've holding on to see how he goes with his players but yeah we look worse tbh.

Just now, Sparkle said:

I fear we are in for another season of utter dross.  There is no end to this shitstorm.

Unfortunately Sparkle me too :depressed: I've never once asked for Walter to come out of retirement, he's earned it, but by fuck if we've ever needed him it's now.

I reckon if we'd played Barrie tonight we'd have gone through. Hell, even Waggy might have done something.

Absolute shambles. I wouldn't be that worried if I thought Pedro had a clue, but alas I don't think he has. Folk were desperate to get rid of Warburton. This is what we get..... shocking.

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

Unfortunately Sparkle me too :depressed: I've never once asked for Walter to come out of retirement, he's earned it, but by fuck if we've ever needed him it's now.

No we don't. We take it and move on. Pedro needs a good fuckin shake, but we need to be sounding out a good manager while he's in charge. Surely within the next 6 months it should be clear if we are going good guns or not. If not, we have had plenty of time to suss out who can take us forward. The love in with Pedro has to end now. It's all about results in EVERY game from now on in.

24 minutes ago, bannedfromff said:

We've signed a heap of shit and have a ludicrously paid manager with ludicrously paid players again. 

McInnes was the man. Our support are idiots.

Our supporters never appointed pedro.

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

No we don't. We take it and move on. Pedro needs a good fuckin shake, but we need to be sounding out a good manager while he's in charge. Surely within the next 6 months it should be clear if we are going good guns or not. If not, we have had plenty of time to suss out who can take us forward. The love in with Pedro has to end now. It's all about results in EVERY game from now on in.

I know what you're saying but I see no way forward for Pedro. I'm not actually serious about Walter but Pedro will not win us the league (I honestly wish I was totally way off the mark with this and I can be quoted at the end of the season when I'm praising him up)! In fact I can only see doom and gloom. What system are we playing? I have no clue. I'm absolutely raging tonight and I'm only glad I'm off for a week before I need to go back and face the beggars in my work.

12 minutes ago, jintybear said:

i was not impressed with him but was willing to give him the chance to bring his own players  but he does not seem to be able to come up with a style of play it is awful to watch  he is under real pressure now

26 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

oh ffs is this one of those "I told you so" fucking comments

I disagreed at the time cause we weren't losing. Right now it's that last thing I disagree with. So if you want to be smarmy bastard then carry on.

:Fod:

just calling out a ridiculous comment from you tbh but it was meant in good jest to lighten the mood (if possible). It's fucking ridiculous we didn't even start trying until 0-2.

It's a damning indictment for how far we've fallen that a manager with little pedigree, who has shown literally nothing of merit will be allowed to excuse this and will have a whole rash of sycophants with their heads in the sand again, willing to excuse it too!

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I reckon if we'd played Barrie tonight we'd have gone through. Hell, even Waggy might have done something.

Absolute shambles. I wouldn't be that worried if I thought Pedro had a clue, but alas I don't think he has. Folk were desperate to get rid of Warburton. This is what we get..... shocking.

I dont agree, we would have beem shite regardless. Not a single player in that squad old or new seem to have the slightest idea what the manager is sending them out to do.

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Mate......

Straws.

I am sure like most on here you were fairly happy with the starting line up.

The slection was fine.... its the players , even the ones that Pedro has just signed, just dont look up for it. Maybe its the tactics, the formation. Just doesnt seem to suit many of them.

Two wingers and one Striker hasnt worked in months for this team. Time for a major rethink.

No idea what is going on.

No real pre season ,, and it showed , players looked like they hadn't been introduced.  And who's fault is that?  I thought when he came in that it was a major gamble,, and even when we have all been getting excited with all his signings and the Portuguese influx,,, I remembered thinking similar when Paul Le Guen came in with his so called French Revolution.  

But I never seen anything like this coming,, losing to a team of part timers from the footballing joke of Europe!! 

His tactics and selections look dodgy as well,, Morrelos the only player we have brought in with a proven goals record and already match fit due to his prev clubs season - 15 mins last week and taken off tonight again when he hadn't even been given a sniff from or redundant midfield.   Jack and Rossiter playing the mid ,, both Defensive Mids,,, surely one DM against a team from Luxembourgh ,,, if ye cant get away with one DM then when the fuck can you? And we all know Niko wont last 90 mins as our main creative spark 

Lets look at his signings with Brutal honesty as well

Morrelos the one we are the most excited about,,, recommended by someone else

Ryan Jack and Dorrans, again prob recommended by someone else who knows Scottish game and had a word

The Managers choices,, , never heard of any of them ,,,,, Dalcio from what I have seen so far,we be better keeping McKay tbh

Archived