Pedro: WATP will be stamped on the walls

Caixinha rapped: “The slogan ‘We Are The People’ will be stamped on the walls for both our players and opponents to feel the strength of Rangers.”

Caixinha is loving life in Scotland so far and added: “The Rangers fans are full of hope, the Celtic fans are upbeat and excited and that’s normal because they have won six titles in a row.

“Only once have I been bothered. In the centre of the city, a drunk Celtic fan upset me, but it was nothing.

“The centre of Glasgow is beautiful like the rest of the city.”

Caixinha knows he can’t buy time as he rebuilds Gers but he’ll take Niko Kranjcar being spent after an hour — if the Croatian has played as he can

The neat flicks, subtle skills and pinpoint passing were there for all to see for just over two thirds of Thursday’s clash with Progres Niederkorn.

So much so he got a huge ovation from the Ibrox fans when the boards went up to signal his exit on 69 minutes.

Boss Caixinha would take the same every game this season — including the second leg in Luxembourg on Tuesday.

He said: “Has he got the desire? I think the moment he came out he showed that.

“Since I came here I don’t remember a player being applauded so aggressively.

“I’m trying to understand the time he can perform — not only one hour.

“He had such a long absence after such a difficult injury so to be back at this level demonstrates his mentality and his quality and his desire to help the team.

“He needs a little bit more time but the quality is always present. If he gives me that for one hour in every match I will be happy.

“One thing we can never buy is time. So we are fighting against it.

“We are trying to get physicality to compete and we are just three weeks in.”

While Kranjcar played for the first time since October, his replacement on Thursday hadn’t been seen since August.

Jordan Rossiter arrived from Liverpool last summer with big expectations only to be dogged by injury.

Caixinha said: “If you have a look at him he belongs to the English group that just became world champions.

“That’s representative of the quality he has. It’s ten months out and that’s a long time injured.

“He did a fantastic job along with Niko and Steve our physiotherapist.”

For players still searching for sharpness after a few weeks off, Thursday’s match must have been hard work to play in.

It was certainly hard work to watch. But victory will be all that matters in the away leg, which will be played at the national Stade Josy Barthel.

Caixinha said: “I don’t know that much about the stadium.

“I watched a match on TV between Luxembourg and Portugal last year — a preparation game for Euro 2016.

“Pedro Malta went to watch Niederkorn at their own stadium but this game is at the national stadium.

“While it will be a completely different environment from what they experienced at Ibrox, that’s not the point and we don’t need to be concerned about it.

“We only have one thought about the second leg — winning. It’s only one match and all we want to do is get through.”

But Caixinha wonders if it was the case the minnows had NEVER played so well before.

He said: “If I was in their position I would think the same. I don’t think they will change the strategy they brought to the first leg.

“But what matters is the final result of the tie — not if we could have or should have scored more.

“We need to know how to deal with it. It’s going to be a fantastic challenge and we know it will be similar to what we faced at Ibrox.

“The pressure is on us, totally. I think they played with adrenaline because of the environment — maybe they had the game of a LIFETIME.

“I know what that represents because these things can sometime help you get to the other level.

“That’s what they are going to try to do in the next match. We respect that and we expect that.

“We have a responsibility from our side to deal with that because we have a vision and a mission to get to the group stage.

“Of course to get there we need to pass this stage first.”

Of his eight summer signings Caixinha started only Fabio Cardoso, Ryan Jack and Dalcio.

There were appearances off the bench for Daniel Candeias and Alfredo Morelos.

Asked if the likes of Mexican pair Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera could feature in the next game, Caixinha said: “We will see.

“They have trained very well but they need some rest too as they haven’t had a lot since they arrived.

Sometimes too much water can kill the plant. Some players are not in a rhythm yet.

“We have only had three and a half weeks and it’s not enough. It’s proven that you need five to six weeks to do that.”

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72

20 minutes ago, MisterBlueSky said:

Caixinha rapped: “The slogan ‘We Are The People’ will be stamped on the walls for both our players and opponents to feel the strength of Rangers.”

Wow he's a manager and a rapper that's pretty impressive.

21 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I'm going all 'warburton is magic he wears a magic hat' with Pedro and I know I shouldn't.

It's so fucking hard not to get carried away the now man 

Feelings of Magic Hat coming back. If it wasn't for Kenny's aging but still great reflexes on Thursday we could have been looking at an embarrassment.  Less talk and more action please Pedro.

2 minutes ago, weeneily said:

Feelings of Magic Hat coming back. If it wasn't for Kenny's aging but still great reflexes on Thursday we could have been looking at an embarrassment.  Less talk and more action please Pedro.

I completely understand your point of view, but I'm wired up to the optimistic way of life. It is a blessing and a curse. I am very cautious now but even then I still look at Pedro and think "you're fucking doing this Ya handsome bastard" ??

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I completely understand your point of view, but I'm wired up to the optimistic way of life. It is a blessing and a curse. I am very cautious now but even then I still look at Pedro and think "you're fucking doing this Ya handsome bastard" ??

At this point I'm willing to share in your optimism BABN :cheers:

3 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I fucking love Rossiter. 

I can't  work out if you are in the wrong thread or just coming out :lol:

Regarding Pedro, I'm sorry to say this reminds me of Chucky Green and some of his pronouncements. The words are great, but need to be backed up by actions if they aren't going to be seen as an attempt to win over fans.

15 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I can't  work out if you are in the wrong thread or just coming out :lol:

Regarding Pedro, I'm sorry to say this reminds me of Chucky Green and some of his pronouncements. The words are great, but need to be backed up by actions if they aren't going to be seen as an attempt to win over fans.

Well, he claimed he had a list of targets for the xfer market and so far he has lived up to his word, that is encouraging.  How good are his signings, well history will be the judge, though I must admit to being disappointed that he didn't sign anyone from the Dallas Cowboys? 

Pedro is saying all the right things just now. I don't want to go too OTT about him, because W&W are still fresh in the memory. Getting WATP stamped onto dressing room walls is all well, and good. I'd prefer if he put up pages from the MSM, where they're having a go at the club, trying to put us down, trying to make out we're only 2nd, or 3rd best team in the country, and that our fans are morons, etc etc. Get those headlines on the wall every other week at Ibrox, and I'm sure that the players will respond, in a positive manner, to them. Nobody likes to be told they're 2nd best, or worse, by so called sports journalists. Getting the players fired up for a big game shouldn't be too difficult, keeping that fire in their bellies going for every game is what's required of the management team. WATP! NO SURRENDER! THIS IS RANGERS, 2ND BEST IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE!

I love this kind of stuff and the banning of green boots. It's old school Rangers, the sort of stuff we used to be all about when we dominated. 

I just hope he can back it up by bringing us success on the pitch 

ive always loved the fact that the beggars and part time beggars open their mouths n get shown up

we should be dignified and not set ourselves up for failure.

i honestly think ill have a stroke when we win the title

ps for lurking journos

ftp and fgau cunts 

It probably sounds like "soundbites" from Pedro to some of our supporters, but to me he is doing exactly what the late great Bill Shankly did at Liverpool and turned a very poor team into Champions. After his first season in charge he immediately put 24 players that weren't up to standard on the transfer list; signed players that would run through a brick wall for him and would die for the club if necessary. He applied a basic formula which was that, first and foremost, the player must have both ability and courage. Other attributes were physical fitness and willingness to work, especially to struggle against the odds to give 100% commitment to the lifeblood of the club...The supporters.

He told every player that if they came off that pitch and left one drop of sweat in their body then they had cheated the supporters who paid their wages and would have to live with that stain for the rest of their lives. Of course; probably the most everlasting memory of Shankly is the sign at the top of the players tunnel that proclaims to all and sundry that "This is Anfield".

If Pedro wants to ban green boots, mobile phones, fucking journalists and players that aren't giving their heart and soul to the Rangers cause, then I will back him all the way if it gets us back to where we should be.

As the great Captain Cutlass once told me after a game; "Son! it's ok having skill, but if you don't dress like a Rangers player, act like a Rangers player, then you are never going to be a Rangers player". He was right.  :pipe:

46 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Nice post Oz, if his ability matches his ambition we have a goodun.

That is the unknown question at the moment....Are the players he is signing good enough to match his expectations? or do we have a groundhog day like last season when the expectation never matched the reality.....We will soon find out I guess.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

It probably sounds like "soundbites" from Pedro to some of our supporters, but to me he is doing exactly what the late great Bill Shankly did at Liverpool and turned a very poor team into Champions. After his first season in charge he immediately put 24 players that weren't up to standard on the transfer list; signed players that would run through a brick wall for him and would die for the club if necessary. He applied a basic formula which was that, first and foremost, the player must have both ability and courage. Other attributes were physical fitness and willingness to work, especially to struggle against the odds to give 100% commitment to the lifeblood of the club...The supporters.

He told every player that if they came off that pitch and left one drop of sweat in their body then they had cheated the supporters who paid their wages and would have to live with that stain for the rest of their lives. Of course; probably the most everlasting memory of Shankly is the sign at the top of the players tunnel that proclaims to all and sundry that "This is Anfield".

If Pedro wants to ban green boots, mobile phones, fucking journalists and players that aren't giving their heart and soul to the Rangers cause, then I will back him all the way if it gets us back to where we should be.

As the great Captain Cutlass once told me after a game; "Son! it's ok having skill, but if you don't dress like a Rangers player, act like a Rangers player, then you are never going to be a Rangers player". He was right.  :pipe:

Nice post but Shankly became Liverpool Manager in 1959 when players earned a normal working wage not the thousands per week nowadays. Unfortunately players willing to give 100% every game are few and far between.

1 minute ago, Alec87 said:

Nice post but Shankly became Liverpool Manager in 1959 when players earned a normal working wage not the thousands per week nowadays. Unfortunately players willing to give 100% every game are few and far between.

Yes! Shankly became Liverpool manager in 1959 and players earned far less than they do today, but I can safely say it would have mattered not a fuck to Shankly how much they earned because if they didn't follow his rules they would have been out on their ear quick smart much in the same way as many a prima donna found out at Old Trafford under Sir Eck of Ferguson.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

Tbf if the players want to sleep with Journalists they should be allowed. Pedro out.

32 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

That is the unknown question at the moment....Are the players he is signing good enough to match his expectations? or do we have a groundhog day like last season when the expectation never matched the reality.....We will soon find out I guess.

LBH, financially we still can't compete with the scum and all he can do is improve the team step by step. Getting the players in with the right mentaility is a start. Shouldn't be too hard with the toothless fairies we've had in last few seasons and some still hanging around like bad smell.

Get the team playing as a unit and toughen up or get to fuck.

I can see next season being surrounded with controversy, as officiadome and the opposition go into overdrive to stem our threat. We still need that extra bit of quality in all areas, with our weaknesses in those who remain from the MW signings and that includes Fod, Tav and Waghorn. 

I have the expectation to vastly improve our league position and win a cup. The title maybe a step too far, but with PC, I think anything can happen, good or bad, but hopefully he surprises us all.

Instlling a seige mentallity is a good start.