Pedro: WATP will be stamped on the walls

8 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

I agree to some extent but this seems to have come from a Portuguese interview. The Scottish press have went and found it, translated and probably twisted it to suit themselves. 

He maybe just needs to learn to no say anything as it'll always be thrown o  the back page! 

Yeah fair enough but I'm just at the point I wish none of our staff would talk to the press

It's not just this,  I don't like it when they say they're bringing in X amount of players and all that stuff,  if you do then all you've done is do what you said you'd do,  and if something happens and you don't make all all the signings the media portray it as a failure

Speaking to the Media and saying this stuff gives us no advantage and just leaves us open to criticism

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Yeah fair enough but I'm just at the point I wish none of our staff would talk to the press

It's not just this,  I don't like it when they say they're bringing in X amount of players and all that stuff,  if you do then all you've done is do what you said you'd do,  and if something happens and you don't make all all the signings the media portray it as a failure

Speaking to the Media and saying this stuff gives us no advantage and just leaves us open to criticism

Yeah I agree with that in our case. 

Meanwhile across the city BR can do what he likes and he's portrayed like a saint! 

Our day will come around soon. It's the natural order of things. 

Wish h'ed shut his mouth and do the talking on the park,might be saying all the right things but he's not exactly done anything to get excited about at the end of last season or the game on Thursday.

Pedro is such a likeable person and back him in what he is doing with boots, slogans on walls, etc, etc.

The only thing he needs to do now is get a winning team on the pitch, because at the end of the day THAT is what really matters. :rangers:

i can imagine someone inside Ibrox telling him "just ban green boots and say WATP every now and again and the fans will love you"

I don't blame Pedro but it kind of sums up how stupid some at the club think us fans are.

in fairness, sometimes I feel it's our own fault with some of the crap that we see from certain sections of our fanbase!

10 hours ago, David1211 said:

Can you imagine the uproar in the press if Pedro played his son in a friendly! But Brenda does it and nothing gets made out, it's all fine. The negativity that Pedro gets from press here is a joke

Shows how for granted he takes this League I hope we can beat the smugness from him.

5 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

i can imagine someone inside Ibrox telling him "just ban green boots and say WATP every now and again and the fans will love you"

I don't blame Pedro but it kind of sums up how stupid some at the club think us fans are.

in fairness, sometimes I feel it's our own fault with some of the crap that we see from certain sections of our fanbase!

Don't think you get it bud, he is trying to install passion and respect back into the club, which has been lacking for years....

so banning our rivals colours on the field of play is a small step towards doing that, bring it on Pedro!

5 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

Very cynical mate. Sure nothing is more important than us winning games but is the guy (or anyone at the club) really doing anything wrong by making some changes?

There is a chance he simply thinks it's an improvement rather than anyone thinks the fans are stupid. 

To be honest if it gives the players and those that play against us a wee reminder about who we are and what the club represents then why not? - The sooner we get back to Ibrox feeling like an intimidating place for away teams the better, that will of course mainly be influenced by how we play. 

Think this is the difference between Pedro and le guen (spelling) Pedro seems to grasp what rangers are all about while the French knob seemed to think he could walk in and do everything his way which was his downfall I just hope it works for Pedro as I like him and hope it all clicks in to place .

WATP RTID ?

Absolutely nothing wrong with what he's doing to try and change the mentality. It's not as if we're full of league winners.  If I were Pedro I would ask Walter smith for a chat, only then can he have a true understanding of what being the Rangers manager is all about.

30 minutes ago, DavieAyrshire said:

Am all for it myself i would get every single member of the playing staff backroom staff ect... and get them all on the founders trail i have no idea why the club dont do this anyway (i could be wrong)

Best idea ive read in a long time

25 minutes ago, gregswanson said:

I have sung We Are the People; but what does it mean and what is the origin of the slogan?

Psalms 95:7  In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work. Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways: