SPFL TV fixtures?

Not sure when they will be announced, but would be totally shocked if our first 2 games are not televised.

Away at Motherwell is a certainty, and I think the tv companies will be itching to show the first game v Hivs since the cup final.

I think that the TV should televise all Rangers away games. I shall tell you why.

We have 40-45,000 ST holders. We get, on average, just a few thousand match tickets for away games. Televising live all our away games means that ALL ST holders can have the chance to see Rangers play, both home, and away.

I'm not a big fan of pay-per-view events when we've already paid a subscription for the sports TV. However, a £5 charge, with the money being split between the clubs playing, wouldn't upset me, as some of the money would be going to the club, and not just the TV companies...

4 hours ago, TheCutch said:

Not sure when they will be announced, but would be totally shocked if our first 2 games are not televised.

Away at Motherwell is a certainty, and I think the tv companies will be itching to show the first game v Hivs since the cup final.

Hibs on the Friday night :drool:

probably the only one here that enjoys the Friday night and sunday games on telly at least them I can watch as on Saturdays am out every week doing a game so even with a 12o'clock ko I only get the 1st half fucks me off.

5 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I think that the TV should televise all Rangers away games. I shall tell you why.

We have 40-45,000 ST holders. We get, on average, just a few thousand match tickets for away games. Televising live all our away games means that ALL ST holders can have the chance to see Rangers play, both home, and away.

I'm not a big fan of pay-per-view events when we've already paid a subscription for the sports TV. However, a £5 charge, with the money being split between the clubs playing, wouldn't upset me, as some of the money would be going to the club, and not just the TV companies...

Is that not what Rangers TV does mate? :headscratch:

1 hour ago, Thewhitesettler said:

But they can't show it live in the UK. Which is a load of bullock's!

I can t get to many games these days,but I still want to support my club. 

Use a VPN. Club gets the money and you get to watch it

What's the cost benefit to the club for a televised game financially ?

ok exposure etc on screen but actual costs and money earned between a bog standard Saturday and a whenever game ?

And these will vary as well with numerous factors on the when and who.

Numbers Please ?

15 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

get rangers TV and use a VPN you can watch any away game as it happens.

15 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

It's an interesting point you make, and maybe makes a case for more of the home matches being included in your example; depending on the matches of course, but obviously the demand is there.

3 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

But they can't show it live in the UK. Which is a load of bullock's!

I can t get to many games these days,but I still want to support my club. 

Use a proxy 

Motherwell and Ross County moved. 

AUGUST FIXTURES

Motherwell v RANGERS – Sunday, August 6, 1.30pm.

RANGERS v Hibernian – Saturday, August 12, 3pm.

RANGERS v Heart of Midlothian – Saturday August 19, 3pm.

Ross County v RANGERS – Sunday August 26, 3pm.