Lloyd72

Barrie Mckay

294 posts in this topic

Armstrong is coming off the season of his life for what is statistically one of the most dominant teams in the history of Scottish football.

We can't just demand big fees for our players because celtic do it it. We have to earn the right to demand OTT and inflated fees for our players by being successful on the park and by them individually putting in good performances too and those things don't apply to us or McKay at the moment.

As for McKay, I think he's always had an one eye on England. He didn't sign a short contract extension with us for no reason.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That valuation of Armstrong is 100% working in the assumption that he will extend his deal. 

Edited by Vanoli

Posted (edited)

For me barrie's still developing and yet to reach his peak.

Why not keep him and see if Pedro can help him improve his game?

I don't think we have an abundance of alternatives for that position in the squad.

If by xmas he's not contributing then sell him off for around the 750k mark, if he is then get him signed up on an improved deal.

Edited by five stars

6 minutes ago, five stars said:

For me barrie's still developing and yet to reach his peak.

Why not keep him and see if Pedro can help him improve his game?

I don't think we have an abundance of alternatives for that position in the squad.

If by xmas he's not contributing then sell him off for around the 750k mark, if he is then get him signed up on an improved deal.

No chance of 750k at Christmas mate.

3 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

No chance of 750k at Christmas mate.

There's usually less players available in that window with plenty of teams looking to strenghten. 

5 minutes ago, five stars said:

There's usually less players available in that window with plenty of teams looking to strenghten. 

Clubs will be allowed to speak to him for free at Christmas.

3 minutes ago, five stars said:

He can sign a pre contract in January. If we asked for £750,000 for example then I imagine any teams who might want him then will just tie him down then by giving him a big signing on fee and then offer us a pittance to let him out of his deal early.

9 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

The fee we negotiate for McKay is not as important as ensuring we have a 10-20% sell on clause. If, and i acknowledge its a big if, he prospers down south and attracts the eye of an EPL team then his new club will realise a massive fee. 

Just make sure we get a cut. Think of Van Dijk! 

This. I don't care how much he goes for as long as we get the sell on fee. We know his potential. If he starts becoming brilliant in two seasons and sells for big money I'd be raging if we didn't get a chunk.

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

As I said before, the first 10 games of the league season he was an empty jersey.  The fans wanted him dropped and it took about 13 league games in to the season before Warburton finally did it.  He was offering us nothing for months on end and it wasn't until December against Hearts or Aberdeen before he put a performance in.  He wasn't ripping teams apart with his ability, or setting up chances for the strikers on a constant basis, he was shite.

If Barrie had the type of talent mentioned on here he would be strolling it against the likes of ICT, Ross County, Hamilton, Partick Thistle, Motherwell, etc.  After all, these teams are not in possession of top class defenders.  We had a very poor season and Barrie was partly responsible for that because he didn't deliver the level of performance we needed on a consistent basis.  The Championship has much better defenders and if Barrie can't do it up here, he'll have a very hard time doing it down there. 

This. 

He was murder 90% of the time last year. He has a few YouTube worthy flicks and tricks so that somehow makes him a world beater in some people's eyes. He is too lightweight, too inconsistent, too much of a shitebag, makes poor decisions and his final ball & corners are shockingly bad.

Turned up 4 or 5 times last year. Need better than that. Sell him.

His best attribute is killing a ball out of the air. If he's not in the managers plans and won't sign on then he can go. 750k might be less than he is worth but if it pays for dorrans then I'll take it.

1 person likes this

I'm hearing via twitter he has signed for NF £500k... WTF

Not sure if its true..

6 minutes ago, Borders Loyal said:

Not sure if its true..

I've just heard this too😳

7 minutes ago, Borders Loyal said:

Not sure if its true..

Me too Ewan Murray by any chance?

Its a shambles, only board stooges would think this anything other than wilful mismanagement

2 minutes ago, thehost said:

Its a shambles, only board stooges would think this anything other than wilful mismanagement

What's the alternative?

He's refused to sign another deal and can agree a move for nothing in six months time.

4 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Me too Ewan Murray by any chance?

Indeed mate

couple other outlets have latched on also.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

What's the alternative?

He's refused to sign another deal and can agree a move for nothing in six months time.

The alternative was to maybe offer him more than a £500 a week rise to 3.5k. Or to actually have some fucking brains and sell him when he was worth something. Or, even in the shit situation he currently sits actually negotiate a price that is realistic.

500k is a disgrace.

If we let him go for £500k then we really need to have a look at ourselves. We just got that amount of money for a 15 year old. McKay is a Scotland international who plays with Rangers, he's worth far more than £500k - even in the last year of his contract 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Think we may need another two wingers now tbh unless Caixinha is thinking of sticking with Miller or Waghorn out wide :megaanguish:

Candeias and Dalcio as our only natural wingers is worrying.

Edited by The Monk

Seems Warburton is eager to sign players that were good in the Scottish championship in 2015

Forest are 100% going down under this baldy clown 

2 people like this

The fee is abysmal, but I can only imagine it's that low because we've got a sell on clause. 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, The Monk said:

Think we may need another two wingers now tbh unless Caixinha is thinking of sticking with Miller or Waghorn out wide :megaanguish:

Miller should be used from the bench in the last 15-20 mins, to get in behind tiring defences and poach goals. 

I know it's not you suggesting he goes out wide but if Pedro does that then he can away fuck himself anaw

At that sort of price hopefully we have a 50% sell on clause.

Pish deal. If we're accepting that I'd at least like to think we're getting the whole fee up front and we've asked for a sell on clause.