Will we put on a better performance tomorrow?

BerryLad

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We need to up the tempo from last week and create more chances which is easier said than done at this stage of the season, especially if more new players are introduced into the starting XI.

That said, we shouldn't go crazy and we need defensive discipline so as not to give Progres a sniff.

I doubt it'll be anything fancy or wonderful but at this stage I'll take just getting through.

#Work(hard)inProgres

What we need is to start the game in the same manner but score. An early goal away from home and It'll help the team settle and be more confident.

For me if Waghorn starts then I can't see us getting that early goal. Ideally I'd like Morelos to start and Herrera to come on later when Niko goes off as aerially he'll be able to win any long balls that are straight to the target rather than behind full backs and so on.

Candeias to start is another big thing for me. If he starts then it surely means Miller either doesn't start or he moves central and the expense of Waghorn but either way from what I've seen so far with Candeias he'll get the crosses in and it's up to the rest of the team to have more than one in the box, someone get on the end of it and put it away.

So in short, yes I think we'll see an improvement provided we do t start with the same starting XI as Thursday.

Play the game at a high tempo & they won't be able to live with us. The last 20 mins of the first half the other night was easily our best period of the game & we created good chances , scored & had them chasing shadows. 

The second half was too slow & laboured which allowed them to easily frustrate us & come more into the game. 

Hopefully we can get an early goal which should easily see us go through.

2-0 Rangers

:rangers:

We are talking about playing one of the worst teams we have ever played in Europe here. We just need to go out and get the job done efficiently. Performance right now is irrelevant, there are too many variables to expect nice flowing football. Just win and get the team picked properly for Limassol. 

1 minute ago, centenarystand said:

The home team should open up so id imagine we will give a better performance. The first half hour at Ibrox was encouraging and id be hoping to build on that. I can see us winning by three.

But the game doesnt kick off until 6.45 pm :mutley: