Classy from the club...

DrFunke

1 hour ago, DrFunke said:

My grans a lifelong supporter and only this season has finally in her 80s had to give up her season ticket due to cancer. 

She has had illness and operations for the last 2 years and only attended a handful of games but still chose to renew.

I emailed the club asking if there was any cha ce they could write her a letter as she goes through radiotherapy just as a thankyou for her support.

She recieved a letter from Pedro which was very touching and also an invite to an open day soon when she is better to meet the manager and team, along with a pen, notepad, badges etc.

Fantastic gesture from the club and manager for a woman who bleeds blue.

:)

Sorry to hear about your gran mate hope she makes a recovery 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope your gran is back fighting fit as soon as possible. Look after her mate although I'm sure you will.

I bet she has a few Rangers stories to tell through the years and many great memories.

I hope her day with the team is another great memory for her to look back on.

I didn't know why but I always really like seeing older people at the game. Used to sit in Bill Struth rear and an older couple (70's) sat in front of me, tartan blanket on the legs, flask and sandwiches at every game! Always nice to see the older generation, they bring a degree of class to proceedings. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

I didn't know why but I always really like seeing older people at the game. Used to sit in Bill Struth rear and an older couple (70's) sat in front of me, tartan blanket on the legs, flask and sandwiches at every game! Always nice to see the older generation, they bring a degree of class to proceedings. 

Spot on.

Wee old dear sits along from me in the West enclosure and must easily be in her 80s.

Love seeing her reactions and loving the Rangers score ?

Well done to your gran, into her 80s and still a season ticket holder - brilliant - and well done to Rangers, once she'll well enough and wants to go to a game there are plenty of season ticket holders on here would willingly give her their seat, here's one for a start

• 4 months later...

Update folks, my gran went for a scan a few weeks ago..after months of radiotherapy and in and out hospital....

CANCER IS GONE!!!!

We were all shocked but at 80 years old she has gone from a diagnosis of terminal oesophegul cancer and having weeks rather than months to managing to get rid of it....Some woman!!!

3 minutes ago, DrFunke said:

Update folks, my gran went for a scan a few weeks ago..after months of radiotherapy and in and out hospital....

CANCER IS GONE!!!!

We were all shocked but at 80 years old she has gone from a diagnosis of terminal oesophegul cancer and having weeks rather than months to managing to get rid of it....Some woman!!!

Hardcore oldschool. Brilliant news chief, pass on best wishes from the rm bears.:tu: here's to a win the night :guiness: