Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

Was just home from Luxembourg and still raging so said he should go but now I'm not so sure. He should at least be given the chance with all his new signings fit and available but another embarrassing result and he's finished I'm afraid. The honeymoon period of him being new in the job etc. is well and truly over so he won't be given any more chances.

The problem we have is the same one we had when he was appointed, there's no obvious standout candidate to replace him.

just to fuck with everyones heads.... i think he is a dud AND I think he should stay.... 

As i have said often, if we were going to get shot of him, then the time to do it was after the humiliating results last  season and the complete lack of "new manager bounce", improvement in performance and clear playing style and tactic.... we decided to stick with it and back him heavily in the transfer window. 

Well the bed is made, now we lie in it for better or for worse. He has until Christmas to get his new team playing well and winning. Getting rid of him now, before he has had any chance to bed in his players would be ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm going to back to a point made in another thread last week regarding Pedro. It seems that peace and love brigade, who are so keen on giving him another chance are mainly low posting imposters - much in the same mould as we were about bombarding their forums to keep Mowbray and Delia. Last Tuesday just showed how bad and incapable Pedro and his band hapless nomarks are. The board are keeping him in, but sadly it looks like the tears  and blame game will be coming mid October when the season has already sailed off into the distance.

Let's wait to see what he does once all his players are available . I really think we have a basis of a positive season despite the shambles of Europe .

Alves and Cardoso look to be a solid combination at the back , with Jack and Rossiter protecting them in midfield . Dorrans and Pena have been added to give us more creativity in midfield than we've had for a while and up front we have Morelos , who has a decent goal scoring record and Herrera as the big target man . 

These are all new additions that should form the spine of the team , added to other new signings and the best of what we had previously ( not much , granted ) but I think things will improve . Personally , I hope to see another couple of signings , I think a right back imperative , and hopefully another option up front at the bare minimum . 

Now yes , I accept what we see on paper doesn't necessarily transfer to what we see on the park , but we haven't really given it a chance yet . I'm actually looking forward to see how this team does , and quite optimistic despite last weeks result . 

23 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Was just home from Luxembourg and still raging so said he should go but now I'm not so sure. He should at least be given the chance with all his new signings fit and available but another embarrassing result and he's finished I'm afraid. The honeymoon period of him being new in the job etc. is well and truly over so he won't be given any more chances.

The problem we have is the same one we had when he was appointed, there's no obvious standout candidate to replace him.

Really don't get that attitude, if someone's at the stage where one bad result is going to get him sacked why delay the inevitable? Get rid and give a new manager more time.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Really don't get that attitude, if someone's at the stage where one bad result is going to get him sacked why delay the inevitable? Get rid and give a new manager more time.

We've got too much invested in him to get rid of him now unfortunately. That, and I simply can't think of a suitable replacement at this moment. 

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

We've got too much invested in him to get rid of him now unfortunately. That, and I simply can't think of a suitable replacement at this moment. 

The lack of replacement thing is nonsense, no manager who's proven he's a dud should stay in a job because of that.

You say we've invested too much in him but also say one more embarrassment he should go, so if Hibs beat us should he go or will we still have too much invested in him?

The lack of replacement thing is nonsense, no manager who's proven he's a dud should stay in a job because of that.

You say we've invested too much in him but also say one more embarrassment he should go, so if Hibs beat us should he go or will we still have too much invested in him?

I think if we start this campaign with a few bad results he's finished, the board won't have a choice at that point. Right now they can use the last season wasn't his players and the league hasn't even started yet excuse. 

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Absolutely spot on. We know NOW he is a fucking dud so no point in waiting. Plenty of competent managers would do a better job.

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I think if we start this campaign with a few bad results he's finished, the board won't have a choice at that point. Right now they can use the last season wasn't his players and the league hasn't even started yet excuse. 

Fair enough, I don't think a Rangers manager can recover from giving us our worst ever derby result and worst ever European result. 

5 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Absolutely spot on. We know NOW he is a fucking dud so no point in waiting. Plenty of competent managers would do a better job.

No we fucking don't know he's a dud ffs - he's got a whole new squad to take forward, clean slate - new players - let's see where this goes.

fickle as fuck some folks...... 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

No we fucking don't know he's a dud ffs - he's got a whole new squad to take forward, clean slate - new players - let's see where this goes.

fickle as fuck some folks...... 

Of course he's a dud. If he'd struggled a bit then fine you can say he's not had enough time but he's been an utter disaster. Laid down for the filth in the semi, lost the record to the sheep, lost a derby at home 5-1 and got put out of Europe by the 4th best team in Luxembourg.

Said before we got him you manage in Qatar because you're either a poor manager or are motivated by money. He took a pay cut to join so he obviously isn't motivated by money...

Guy's a terrible manager. 

Of course he's a dud. If he'd struggled a bit then fine you can say he's not had enough time but he's been an utter disaster. Laid down for the filth in the semi, lost the record to the sheep, lost a derby at home 5-1 and got put out of Europe by the 4th best team in Luxembourg.

Said before we got him you manage in Qatar because you're either a poor manager or are motivated by money. He took a pay cut to join so he obviously isn't motivated by money...

Guy's a terrible manager. 

yea, blah blah blah

Remember when he arrived - he wanted time to assess the squad - he then seen the shambles of a squad he had to work with in those games that we got pumped by the filth, lost a semi and got beat from the sheep... AND DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

There's a whole new team just about in place now - no one has seen the majority of them kick a ball and you fickle lot are crying like babies for him to go.... get a fucking grip get behind him and show some support

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

yea, blah blah blah

Remember when he arrived - he wanted time to assess the squad - he then seen the shambles of a squad he had to work with in those games that we got pumped by the filth, lost a semi and got beat from the sheep... AND DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

There's a whole new team just about in place now - no one has seen the majority of them kick a ball and you fickle lot are crying like babies for him to go.... get a fucking grip get behind him and show some support

:mutley: Pitiful.

38 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

yea, blah blah blah

He's shown he's tactically inept, he's shown he's incapable of motivating a team, the players don't respect him. 

Crying like babies, away ye go. Supporters who want a dud sacked aren't 'babies'.

25 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

He's shown he's tactically inept, he's shown he's incapable of motivating a team, the players don't respect him. 

Crying like babies, away ye go. Supporters who want a dud sacked aren't 'babies'.

Last years squad have shown they are technically inept, unable to raise their game when it matters, understand new systems and downed tools when poor attitudes seen them playing with the unders or omitted from the squad or asked to come in early 

Folks calling for him to go without seeing what THIS seasons squad will do over last years are being fickle. 

Guest Lloyd72
15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Last years squad have shown they are technically inept, unable to raise their game when it matters, understand new systems and downed tools when poor attitudes seen them playing with the unders or omitted from the squad or asked to come in early 

Folks calling for him to go without seeing what THIS seasons squad will do over last years are being fickle. 

I think he's putting together a decent squad but I also think we should just cut our losses with him and get rid. There's no possible way he can come back from 2 of our most embarrassing results and losing a 25 year old record to the sheep

25 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Fickle how exactly?

35 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think he's putting together a decent squad but I also think we should just cut our losses with him and get rid. There's no possible way he can come back from 2 of our most embarrassing results and losing a 25 year old record to the sheep

So a manager buys players that fits his style but you want rid of him before his major buys haven't kicked a ball for us ? 

What if these players aren't what any prospective manager wants ? 

Let's give him time first .

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, gmcf said:

So a manager buys players that fits his style but you want rid of him before his major buys haven't kicked a ball for us ? 

What if these players aren't what any prospective manager wants ? 

Let's give him time first .

I don't believe he can get the best out of them and tbh I just think he's another guy who talks a big game but can't actually back it up