Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

10 minutes ago, gmcf said:

So a manager buys players that fits his style but you want rid of him before his major buys haven't kicked a ball for us ? 

What if these players aren't what any prospective manager wants ? 

Let's give him time first .

He's had too much time.

8 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I don't believe he can get the best out of them and tbh I just think he's another guy who talks a big game but can't actually back it up

The truth is no one knows how this will pan out , you well may be right in time . All I'm saying is we haven't given him that time , the season hasn't really kicked off yet ffs and , like I said , half his signings have hardly played . 

Hate to say it , but I think it will take 4/5 games into the season before it may even gel , which is why I'm dismayed that we've not arranged any ' real ' friendlies yet to start setting us up . 

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

The truth is no one knows how this will pan out , you well may be right in time . All I'm saying is we haven't given him that time , the season hasn't really kicked off yet ffs and , like I said , half his signings have hardly played . 

Hate to say it , but I think it will take 4/5 games into the season before it may even gel , which is why I'm dismayed that we've not arranged any ' real ' friendlies yet to start setting us up . 

I think everyone knows how it's going to pan out, some just aren't prepared to admit it.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's had too much time.

Not with his own players he hasn't . That's not excusing what happened on Wednesday btw . That was inexcusable , but I'll give it a few months before to see how we're heading . 

1 hour ago, Frank Harrison said:

Fickle how exactly?

You want him shot of at the very first signs of failure without him having his OWN squad in place and having been backed by the board to do so and been given any sort of time  

That team last year was always going to get pumped no matter who was in charge. Fuck sake Barrie McKay has had three managers who haven't improved him. 

Christmas is my "judge" time- but you get in quick at the first signs if you like. 

Crusade away, I'm not, I'm going to support the manager and the team. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What do you expect of a manager brought in tomorrow if Pedro got sacked, say over this season and next?

This season to significantly narrow the gap and win a cup. Next season to win the title.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

You want him shot of at the very first signs of failure without him having his OWN squad in place and having been backed by the board to do so and been given any sort of time  

That team last year was always going to get pumped no matter who was in charge. Fuck sake Barrie McKay has had three managers who haven't improved him. 

Christmas is my "judge" time- but you get in quick at the first signs if you like. 

First signs of trouble? You're making out as if 5-1 at home to the filth and getting beat by the 4th best team in Luxembourg are minor blips, Rangers managers don't get away with that and nor should they.

'Crusade away' :lol: get a grip. I support the club, not individuals and if I don't think someone is right for the club I'm going to say it.

41 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's had too much time.

Yip. 

And if we replace Pedro, the new guy comes in and identifies his signing targets for the Jan window but gets rattled twice in the league off the taigs before we get them in then he:

- can't motivate players

-has had time

- is a tactical clown

And as such should be sacked straight after the new years game loss. Correct eh?

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yip. 

And if we replace Pedro, the new guy comes in and identifies his signing targets for the Jan window but gets rattled twice in the league off the taigs before we get them in then he:

- can't motivate players

-has had time

- is a tactical clown

And as such should be sacked straight after the new years game loss. Correct eh?

If by rattled you mean 5-1 at home, aye. No Rangers manager should get away with that.

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

This season to significantly narrow the gap and win a cup. Next season to win the title.

First signs of trouble? You're making out as if 5-1 at home to the filth and getting beat by the 4th best team in Luxembourg are minor blips, Rangers managers don't get away with that and nor should they.

'Crusade away' :lol: get a grip. I support the club, not individuals and if I don't think someone is right for the club I'm going to say it.

Ok so if this new guy gets us beat away at the bheasts place in early rounds of both cups he deserves sacked? 

Next season to win the title, just like that, shows your ignorance. You're more a problem than Pedro ?

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

"That team last year was always going to get pumped no matter who was in charge"

How was that team always going to get pumped....beat off celtic maybe aye even if we'd got narrow defeats away to Aberdeen and Hearts at the tail end of last season i'd say fair enough

But we got fucked 5-1 off celtic at home, beat off the sheep at home for the first time in 25 years and struggled to some other pish results

The squad of players available to put out against Progres should have beat them comfortably over 2 legs, the manager has to take full blame for that. It's not even just the result, it's the performance, it wasn't a smash and grab off that mob, they should've scored right after half time and it would've been worse!

I've also not seen anyone say they will not support the team or the new players, maybe a bit of stick aye but nothing like that, it's the manager who has given us no confidence after 3 months now and if anything we've went backwards with the performances on the park.

I voted stay partly because I think Alves and  Dorrans are an improvement on what we've got, and some of the others need time. 

I've mostly voted for him to stay because I don't want to see McInnes trying to weasel his way into Rangers, and that's exactly who the press and some fans will clamour for. If we were able to get someone with any sort of track record of success or experience at the highest levels - even someone like Nigel Pearson - then I'd like to see that happen, but I think if that was going to happen we'd have done so rather than appoint Pedro in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Ok so if this new guy gets us beat away at the bheasts place in early rounds of both cups he deserves sacked? 

Next season to win the title, just like that, shows your ignorance. You're more a problem than Pedro ?

:lol:  I never said anything of the sort, when you need to start putting words in people's mouth you don't really have an argument

When I say next season I clearly meant 2018/19, you don't think we should be aiming for the title then? Aye am the problem :lol::lol::lol: 

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

If you did "support the club" then you wouldn't be bawling for him to go because the club certainly don't want that. So you are not supporting the club are you?

Evidence he is being backed by the club is the spend on new players and the decimation of last years wannabes. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

If you did "support the club" then you wouldn't be bawling for him to go because the club certainly don't want that. So you are not supporting the club are you?

Evidence he is being backed by the club is the spend on new players and the decimation of last years wannabes. 

So I'm not allowed to disagree with the club?

Questioning my support because I want the manager sacked :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

If by rattled you mean 5-1 at home, aye. No Rangers manager should get away with that.

We got pumped 5-1 at Parkhead in November '98 under Advocaat, and went onto win the treble. We pumped them 5-1 in November 2000, and they went onto win the treble under the wee leprechaun. 

Not suggesting that'll happen under Pedro, by the way. Just interesting that both sides got an embarrassing pumping in years where they swept the board. Seems odd. 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

We got pumped 5-1 at Parkhead in November '98 under Advocaat, and went onto win the treble. We pumped them 5-1 in November 2000, and they went onto win the treble under the wee leprechaun. 

Not suggesting that'll happen under Pedro, by the way. Just interesting that both sides got an embarrassing pumping in years where they swept the board. Seems odd. 

Not quite the same as them doing it in our own backyard.

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

Point well made

(horrendous at the time though :lol:)

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Not quite the same as them doing it in our own backyard.

It's not - just find it a bit surreal both teams got pumped away like that in years they swept the board. I don't think there was the same reaction to those results as there was last season, but Old Firm games were high scoring affairs during those years too. 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

But the board have backed a few Managers now and have not got one right, the money being spent is Supporters money.

Hopefully, they are right on this appointment but we won't know that till we see all the players bought play he's looked very poor so far it has to be said.