Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

:lol:  I never said anything of the sort, when you need to start putting words in people's mouth you don't really have an argument

When I say next season I clearly meant 2018/19, you don't think we should be aiming for the title then? Aye am the problem :lol::lol::lol: 

I asked your expectation. You said to win a cup thus season. Hence if we got beat twice away then he has failed, Correct?

I'm saying to bring in a new manager now, expect him to merge the remainder of MW duds, the new guys who will likely be loyal to PC, yet expect a league win the season after the forthcoming one is lunacy. Mental expectation and part of the problem we have in our support.

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

It's not - just find it a bit surreal both teams got pumped away like that in years they swept the board. I don't think there was the same reaction to those results as there was last season, but Old Firm games were high scoring affairs during those years too. 

Maybe not, am only 23 so not old enough to remember them doing it to us and whilst I remember us doing it to them was too young too see the reaction, think the difference is those were one off freak results where as last season them beating us 5-1 in our own back yard is a fair reflection of how big the gulf is at the moment. 

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Maybe not, am only 23 so not old enough to remember them doing it to us and whilst I remember us doing it to them was too young too see the reaction, think the difference is those were one off freak results where as last season them beating us 5-1 in our own back yard is a fair reflection of how big the gulf is at the moment. 

I was there when we beat them 5-1. I was 12 and it's still one of the happiest days of my life. 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I asked your expectation. You said to win a cup thus season. Hence if we got beat twice away then he has failed, Correct?

I'm saying to bring in a new manager now, expect him to merge the remainder of MW duds, the new guys who will likely be loyal to PC, yet expect a league win the season after the forthcoming one is lunacy. Mental expectation and part of the problem we have in our support.

It would be a disappointment to me if we didn't win a trophy but not a sacking offence and I never said it was?

Lunacy, fucking hell :lol: I'd argue your acceptance of mediocrity was the problem of a section of our support.

21 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yip. 

And if we replace Pedro, the new guy comes in and identifies his signing targets for the Jan window but gets rattled twice in the league off the taigs before we get them in then he:

- can't motivate players

-has had time

- is a tactical clown

And as such should be sacked straight after the new years game loss. Correct eh?

If he loses 5-1 after already being embarrassed the week before, and making us even worse than the shambles we already were, then yes.

Apart, from a 10 minute spell away at Aberdeen, we were fucking dreadful.

56 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Not with his own players he hasn't . That's not excusing what happened on Wednesday btw . That was inexcusable , but I'll give it a few months before to see how we're heading . 

Should have been sacked in April.

11 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

It would be a disappointment to me if we didn't win a trophy but not a sacking offence and I never said it was?

Lunacy, fucking hell :lol: I'd argue your acceptance of mediocrity was the problem of a section of our support.

You have a target but don't seem to appreciate the scope or magnitude of what will be required to win a league under current circumstances.

The bheasts have a bigger stadium so we cant outsell them on ST.

They have CL revenue.

They can afford to outbuy us and pay significantly more.

If they sell on a like to like basis they will rake in millions more as their players are league winners, internationals and with CL exposure. The compliant media aid this.

They have stronger advertising, partnership and merchandise strip sales already in place.

They have stability within team and management.

Any Rangers manager needs to cut the gap whilst countering all this.

Yet you and others want this guy sacked befire his strongest team has even played. And whilst we should be thinking about the Jan window to improve further as realistically it won't all get sorted this window, there's talk of sacking the replacement if there's a humping by the bheast.

And each new manager gets hopefully a window to overhaul the whole thing, manage multiple managers signings, oh and win the league by summer 2019.

Fucking mental and based on a spoilt approach rather than any logic.

5 minutes ago, OhW said:

When he gets sacked for being shite, I hope nobody resorts to "ya saddo" when all these old posts are dug up.

If he gets the sack when his signings fail then fair enough. To get the sack before his signings have their boots on then naw.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You have a target but don't seem to appreciate the scope or magnitude of what will be required to win a league under current circumstances.

The bheasts have a bigger stadium so we can outsell them on ST.

They have CL revenue.

They can afford to outbuy us and pay significantly more.

If they sell on a like to like basis they will rake in millions more as their players are league winners, internationals and with CL exposure. The compliant media aid this.

They have stronger advertising, partnership and merchandise strip sales already in place.

They have stability within team and management.

Any Rangers manager needs to cut the gap whilst countering all this.

Yet you and others want this guy sacked befire his strongest team has even played. And whilst we should be thinking about the Jan window to improve further as realistically it won't all get sorted this window, there's talk of sacking the replacement if there's a humping by the bheast.

And each new manager gets hopefully a window to overhaul the whole thing, manage multiple managers signings, oh and win the league by summer 2019.

Fucking mental and based on a spoilt approach rather than any logic.

Nobody expects a new manager to come in and for everything to be fine. Nobody.

Pedro has been in charge for about 4 months and has arguably had the two worst results in our history as well as losing the record to the sheep and laying down to the filth in a semi, it's not as if he's struggled a little bit, he's been an absolute disaster, he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he's got it in him to take us forward. He had a poor record at the other clubs he's managed and it's clear to see why.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If he loses 5-1 after already being embarrassed the week before, and making us even worse than the shambles we already were, then yes.

Apart, from a 10 minute spell away at Aberdeen, we were fucking dreadful.

Should have been sacked in April.

Ok. The new guy starts in September and is told to make his signing targets for Jan and to spend until then seeing those of the MW and PC squads who will do for him. 

He gets fucked by the taigs 7-1 at new year, then in the 1st game in Jan when some of his signings have played but not the 3 main ones..... sacked?

Ok. The new guy starts in September and is told to make his signing targets for Jan and to spend until then seeing those of the MW and PC squads who will do for him. 

He gets fucked by the taigs 7-1 at new year, then in the 1st game in Jan when some of his signings have played but not the 3 main ones..... sacked?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If he gets the sack when his signings fail then fair enough. To get the sack before his signings have their boots on then naw.

What have you seen so far that makes you think Pedro will be a success? surely even with the players at his disposal, we should have seen something.?

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

What have you seen so far that makes you think Pedro will be a success? surely even with the players at his disposal, we should have seen something.?

His signings.

His getting tough and shot of lazy cunts even if it meant playing kids.

I cut him slack as King confirmed he was using last season to assess if he could trust players and see them fitting his system rather than making us hard to beat.

I liked his teams for both euro legs. Whilst there wasn't enough of a rocket up arses, I see the players as much if not more at fault for the performances than him.

If he's not getting 100% then a player needs dumped. If that doesn't happen or he picks Miller based on some trumped up pitch leader guff despite doing nothing or continues to pick an undergoing Waghorn then he deserves all he gets.

I just think we'll improve into a strong unit as the season progresses. I think 1 window is too much to do it all and would hope to see significant development in January to take us on again.

A decent start and strong progress is required.

His signings.

His getting tough and shot of lazy cunts even if it meant playing kids.

I cut him slack as King confirmed he was using last season to assess if he could trust players and see them fitting his system rather than making us hard to beat.

I liked his teams for both euro legs. Whilst there wasn't enough of a rocket up arses, I see the players as much if not more at fault for the performances than him.

If he's not getting 100% then a player needs dumped. If that doesn't happen or he picks Miller based on some trumped up pitch leader guff despite doing nothing or continues to pick an undergoing Waghorn then he deserves all he gets.

I just think we'll improve into a strong unit as the season progresses. I think 1 window is too much to do it all and would hope to see significant development in January to take us on again.

A decent start and strong progress is required.

I worry every time he gives Windass a game or persists with Waghorn hopefully he has more to come as his management of the team and the squad so far has let everyone down.

For me the pendulum is swinging to "The Exit" at the moment. We've had some terrible results and performances under him and not much to cheer about. 

Ill keep my powder dry until the first round d of fixtures have been played and see where we are then. 

Does look doubtful though. 

Guest Lloyd72
25 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What defines success, genuinely?

With the hand any new manager came in and had, would he meet your success criteria any easier?

success this season for me would be a good performance in the league finishing second within 10 points of the top and winning the Scottish cup. Something we can build on for the next season.

Guest Lloyd72
20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

If success is defined by continuous improvement then, yes

That's not success because that could mean anything, a few extra points on the board each season is continuous improvement.

If we finish third this  season and win a cup that is improvement but still not good enough.