Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

That's not success because that could mean anything, a few extra points on the board each season is continuous improvement.

If we finish third this  season and win a cup that is improvement but still not good enough.

not season by season robbo  Lloyd - month by month, even game by game - so that we show that we are improving all the time. 

31 minutes ago, Smile said:

I worry every time he gives Windass a game or persists with Waghorn hopefully he has more to come as his management of the team and the squad so far has let everyone down.

I get that and agree to an extent.

I just think that ANY manager coming in has to be deemed a project.

I don't think any manager now or subsequently will be able to merge other managers failures to their own signings, get them to meet expectations (ie cup this year, league next year) whilst running risk of being sacked if gubbed by the taigs.

It's building blocks and progress I want to see not a continuous bulleting and making the same problem even harder for next guy.

I honestly think the players have got off lightly with huge flak at PC. I hope when the season starts we can replace Bates, Windass, Waghorn with better and see us progress to Jan where we strengthen again replacing Wallace Tav Miller etc. And keep that going.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

not season by season robbo  Lloyd - month by month, even game by game - so that we show that we are improving all the time. 

Game by game last season we regressed imo, will be interesting to see what happens the start of this season.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Game by game last season we regressed imo, will be interesting to see what happens the start of this season.

correct we did regress and yes it will be definitely interesting and exciting to see what happens at the start of this season, which is why I don't get folks shouting for him to go and that he is a dud! :huh: 

Time will tell if he is a dud 

It's all too easy to have expectations based on what we're used to, but it's not just as easy as that.  

But I don't think it's unreasonable to demand that we dominate the rest of the division and try to equal the results they have against the rest.  We have the resources to at least achieve that.  If we can do that then it turns the games against them into real title deciders.  That for me, would be success.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

correct we did regress and yes it will be definitely interesting and exciting to see what happens at the start of this season, which is why I don't get folks shouting for him to go and that he is a dud! :huh: 

Time will tell if he is a dud 

imo he's a Dud, we'll see if I'm right by October.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

This season -  he deserves that.. that gives him two transfer windows. Anyone not excited about the season ahead needs their head looked at imo

I was buzzing for it but the progres games drained me of excitement. 

24 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

success this season for me would be a good performance in the league finishing second within 10 points of the top and winning the Scottish cup. Something we can build on for the next season.

Do you expect to beat the Tarrers away? What if we do get them away and lose. A failure of a season even if we finish 10 points behind?

I reckon a comfortable second and max 10 to 12 points will be acceptable and one for PC to build ftom in the summer window.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Do you expect to beat the Tarrers away? What if we do get them away and lose. A failure of a season even if we finish 10 points behind?

I reckon a comfortable second and max 10 to 12 points will be acceptable and one for PC to build ftom in the summer window.

I expect us to put in far better performances with more effort than last season against the taigs and not let them go through 6 old firm games with us barely laying a glove on them.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Iagree. But that's not what you said.

What did I say then? I want us to get within 10 points and win a trophy that's not unrealistic imo.

6 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

What did I say then? I want us to get within 10 points and win a trophy that's not unrealistic imo.

To do that, we have to equal their achievements against the rest of the division and draw with them at least once.  I don't think that's unreasonable, but then if they have the same level of consistency against the rest as they did last season then it will be difficult.

1 hour ago, Aubie92 said:

We got pumped 5-1 at Parkhead in November '98 under Advocaat, and went onto win the treble. We pumped them 5-1 in November 2000, and they went onto win the treble under the wee leprechaun. 

Not suggesting that'll happen under Pedro, by the way. Just interesting that both sides got an embarrassing pumping in years where they swept the board. Seems odd. 

Also worth that in the seasons where we had our worst ever results in Europe (prior to Progres) against Viktoria Zizkov and Kaunas, we went on to win the league both years.

11 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

A trophy is far from realistic as it will likely mean beating the bheasts with a reasonable chance it could be at their place.

53 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

This season -  he deserves that.. that gives him two transfer windows. Anyone not excited about the season ahead needs their head looked at imo

:dance: 

How can anyone be excited about this season? :lol: 

Guest Lloyd72
24 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

To do that, we have to equal their achievements against the rest of the division and draw with them at least once.  I don't think that's unreasonable, but then if they have the same level of consistency against the rest as they did last season then it will be difficult.

I don't think they will mate, going unbeaten takes as much luck as it does skill imo. 

Guest Lloyd72
30 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A trophy is far from realistic as it will likely mean beating the bheasts with a reasonable chance it could be at their place.

We always get home draws mate, our Baws are always roasting hot

9 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fuck off. Too sensible a post for in here.

since when were you balanced and reasonable ya fucking basket case?

pedro is a crock of fucking shite and the cunt will be gone before October. And before you hit out with the fucking shite "aye you'd love that ya taig" patter, get to fuck. He's a donkey who has overseen some of the worst performances I've ever witnessed.

"aye but it wisnae his fuckin players" doesn't wash either. cunt had weeks to organise them and we got TROUNCED at home. Cunt also had weeks to sort us out pre-season and that performance in Luxembourg alone should have seen him up the road.

Out.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Aye but liewell is now doing the draws in his spfl capacity to ensure fairness to all.

It'll be fine as long as he's doing them in Rod Stewart's state

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

How can anyone be excited about this season? :lol: 

New season, scarf washed, stomach churning walking up to the ground, catching my first glimpse of Ibrox after a long summer, a huge smile painted on my face - walking up them stairs and the park looking magnificent, hairs coming up on the neck as I take my seat - the music plays, out they come, the famous, looking around at 50 thousand bears, they are in awe.... lump in my throat, hands sore from clapping..... here we fucking go...

better than you sitting with a can of Kestrel and a pineapple up yir arse, at your Mum's house with your binoculars waiting on the woman across the street getting undressed in front of her mirror.

WATP not you

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

New season, scarf washed, stomach churning walking up to the ground, catching my first glimpse of Ibrox after a long summer, a huge smile painted on my face - walking up them stairs and the park looking magnificent, hairs coming up on the neck as I take my seat - the music plays, out they come, the famous, looking around at 50 thousand bears, they are in awe.... lump in my throat, hands sore from clapping..... here we fucking go...

better than you sitting with a can of Kestrel and a pineapple up yir arse, at your Mum's house with your binoculars waiting on the woman across the street getting undressed in front of her mirror.

WATP not you

you only wash your scarf once a season?

rotter.