Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

12 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

If Pedro can pull this title off and he appears to have the where with all and tools to do it,  I'm backing King for lifetime Chairman!

Not that I'm getting carried away, nor a two faced bastard!

No one ever thought you were 2 faced. Let's face it, if you were you wouldn't be wearing the one you do.

I'll happily admit I was wrong about Caixinha, and the signs are good; they were good after the St Johnstone game ironically. If he does well in the league, or if we have made a significant progress then he will have done well. This all proves that football is all about players, and the quality of players a manager has, which doesn't really take away from the manager; but there are a great many managers supposed to be "bad" managers purely because their players aren't good as the next team, when in fact we don't see all the work that goes on behind the scenes. In that sense Caixinha was judged on results in the early days, or his record elsewhere at times, which was perhaps shortsighted.

4 hours ago, OhW said:

How do you know that nobody cared before 2012 if you didn't even know about the record until this season?

I'd counter that by saying before 2012 it was never something people dwelled upon hence the fact of my belief nobody cared.

(for those who lawyer up to win an argument, obviously some would've cared but I'm generalising)

Just now, OhW said:

I definitely knew about it before 2012.

Maybe it seemed like people didn't care as much because we weren't too worried that they'd actually beat us. Changed times.

Thats my point mate, last season we were so shite we began clinging on to any shite stat to give ourselves a target when all else had failed, some will feel differently but being unbeaten by them at Ibrox wasn't something I'd be proud of, its something that I'd expect, maybe being unbeaten between 91-94 when they were actually good was something to shout about but after 93-94 they were as much of a threat as St Mirren or Thistle, it's hard to even enjoy bamming their fans up as its felt like such a one sided stacked deck it just wasn't satisfying.

Don't get me wrong, beating them in December was a brilliant feeling as we were genuine rivals for 2nd and the atmosphere in Ibrox that day was electric but even then it was hollow in that it felt more like 'we're less shite than you' instead of 'we're better than you'

Sheep fans are delibrately antagonising, the attention Rangers fans give them gives off the impression they are of importance when in reality they're an irrelevance, we give them a platform they crave and don't deserve, its Aberfuckingdeen, shite for all but 5 year of their history

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Of course you think its nonsense since it totally goes against the hyperbole nonsense you said, I'm fine with that.

Aye getting pumped 5-1 off the bheggers at home and getting parped out of Europe  against a team of bin men and brickies is nonsense. :lol: 

heard it all now. 

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Aye getting pumped 5-1 off the bheggers at home and getting parped out of Europe  against a team of bin men and brickies is nonsense. :lol: 

heard it all now. 

Did I say that? I said getting pumped at Ibrox off that mob was heartbreaking, you quoted the tweet and said it was nonsense.

we're talking about the Aberdeen result in isolation are we not? was that not the point I replied to? 

Still not convinced we will win anything this year with this current group of players?  But if we are to bring in an out and out striker and left winger then that could change things. Also we still have too much deadwood hanging around the club but as pedro says there is still a month to go until the widow shuts so hopefully that will change.

can't actually believe the poll results... ffs season hasn't started yet. Progres was obviously too early and TBH the result is the players fault not managers'. Since then we have incorporated Alves & Dorrans and the other lads have settled in...and still folk are whinging when this is as strong a team as we have looked in years.

Proof will be in the next few weeks but a good start and building momentum will do wonders.

3 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

I'd counter that by saying before 2012 it was never something people dwelled upon hence the fact of my belief nobody cared.

(for those who lawyer up to win an argument, obviously some would've cared but I'm generalising)

Pish. The record is something we've bragged about for years.

6 hours ago, Creampuff said:

It's almost like basing all of your opinion on a manager based on one European tie that started about 20 minutes after the end of last season is really short-sighted, and the manager might have actually had a plan to get us ready in time for the start of the league season...

Nobody was basing it on that Progres game, though.

I'm more confident now. I no longer think we're going to get battered from the get go

But I've seen nothing to suggest we'll win the league. We've imoroved from our worst ever Euro result but we've a long way to go and it will be 4 or 5 games before we'll know where we stand.

The first OF will be when I make my judgments that's the first big test imo, the first few games will be hard but the OF is 7 games in so no excuses

20 hours ago, GOAT said:

A couple of friendly wins isnae going to paper off the fact he's still overseen the two worst defeats in my lifetime and probably our history and saw a 26 year old record destroyed.  

Lets see how we are come Christmas. 

Only way to prove people wrong is to win the league.