Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

sorry tae tell ye bud or next competitive game is our first league game 5/6 August. We ain't in that cup till the knockout rounds

Gonna have to sit on my hands and work on my positivity. By then, I'll have convinced myself we'll win the treble at a canter. Then the next match will come around and...

I really wanted to like the guy, as I did Warburton but both of them are shite.

He needs to go.

He's barely been at the club and he's been in charge for our worst ever result against them at Ibrox and probably our worst ever European result.

Even the 1-0 win was shite. We only scored because we caught their defence out with a quick free kick. We couldn't break it down any other way.

Just now, Bighouse said:

The 4th best team in Luxembourg, a shower who have never won a European tie, NEVER!

Quite possibly the most humiliating 2 leg defeat in the history of British football.

they finished 20 points behind a team cliftonvile beat 3-1 on agg last year. 

there is no excuses. this is bad, and no way should McKay be allowed to leave and dalcio stay. 

1 minute ago, The Ghost said:

I agree to an extent and I don't think we'll progress as much as we should under his management but realistically he won't be sacked and he'll be here for the foreseeable future. His contract is signed and will have to be bought out and that isn't going to happen.

we have to hope that the speculation over the other potential signings comes to fruition and we have a team with enough personal pride and inherent ability to produce a credible challenge. Pride and ability are two traits that have been lacking in recent years.

Have all the ability and pride you want but with no game plan, team strategy to win a game or leadership then you aren't getting very far. 

What is Caixinha trying to get the players to do? What formation are we going to play? He talks about being aggressive all the time, do we look aggressive?  Have we changed in any way to how we played under Warburton? 

Pay the buyout and pay the compensation for McInnes. I'd rather we done that than buy Walker. 

8 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Agree, he better make the players he has brought in work.

I'm not adverse to him being sacked mid-season if results don't show that we are atleast challenging for the title. I just don't think we should be a club that sacks managers as quick as that. Let his signings all play in the same team and see if they have what it takes. The two Mexican internationals with Alves will improve the team. 

in TWO games he had no clue how to play against a parttime pubteam from luxembourg - and we should give him time? the guy has no idea of a gameplan - playing a formation full of ANGST

who wants to play for this clown??? alves and the two mexicans will hand their contracts over to their agents activating any kind of buy out clause

I have said stay as I'm willing to give him time as the team are still not all together as still some to come in and gel with each other which will take a few games.

But if come Jan and there still slow and can't score then yip can  go.

For me it is as simple as someone in an everyday job. That result is classed as gross misconduct.

If this was a one off game then maybe i could see passed it however the signs were there from the first leg that we were not creative enough and never really tested them. He has failed to notice what the problems were or addresses them.

I was worried about the pre season games this year and people said not to look to far into them but not creating chances against St Johnstone etc was highlighting the problems early on. I also think his treatment of the Barry Mckay situation is shocking and he has single handidly devalued the player. 

If the guy had a track record in Europe or football in general then perhaps id be more forgiving but i cant see any improvement. Time to go.

We don't have the finances to start again by sacking and paying off a manager that we already paid compensation to get! Add to that we'd basically have a squad full of a lot of players any new manager wouldn't want, we have no choice but to give him the season.  We've already had too many managerial changes for Rangers standards.

i only hope alves and Dorrans make a massive improvement to us. Don't hold much hope for Pena unfortunately 

Murty may have been a better shout than him. I fear he is another Warburton. I dread this season now.

None of the subs had any impact tonight. There was no apparent game plan.

There will be no more money for signings as King would have counted the money for at least the next round.

A manager we hadn't heard of managing players we never heard of, fucking disaster.

so embarrassed tonight

20 minutes ago, loyal said:

Get him too fuck.  

fucking clueless looks like he's  brought  in worse piss than we already have I  thought that would be impossible.

Regardless how early it was in the season it was like watching two pub teams. neither team could  string a pass together  or move the ball well  none of our  players were running into space they were fucking static and easily marked . we offered fuck all apart from the odd cross every player needed a second touch as though they only train just once a week

Not having the ability to beat a fucking team of amateurs that was arguably the worse team in the competition and  over two legs is criminal and enough for Pedro never to return to Glasgow.  

Capucho type players come to mind . Was this man once a scout for the beggars ????

8 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

they finished 20 points behind a team cliftonvile beat 3-1 on agg last year. 

there is no excuses. this is bad, and no way should McKay be allowed to leave and dalcio stay. 

Horrendous as it was, McKay is still a shitebag, who would undoubtedly have gone missing tonight.

Probably the most embarrassing and painful defeat in our history.

Not sure sacking the manager at this stage is the right choice. We have backed him (rightly or wrongly) quite substantially in the transfer market in that another manager would be unlikely to get further funds.

If we see the same names appearing at the start of the season who have been abject failures over and over then yes it will be panic stations and time to abort

The damage has been done tonight. No doubt about it. Lets see what Pedro is made of and hope the likes of Dorrans and Pena vastly improve us.

I have absolutely no doubts in my mind as shite as the players we have a good manager will get some sort of performance of this lot. 

A good manager would have got that lot over the line tonight.

When le Guen came I really thought given the time he could achieve something. Passing the ball but without the players buying into it it was never going to work . With this pretender you can just skip to its never going to work. Couldn't afford another fuck up after the bread man but the board took the chance on him for fuck knows what reason and it will cost us massively for their ineptitude.