Lloyd72

How does Pedro come back from this.

143 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Walter was in the job several months before the shock results against the Latvians was he not?  After that result Walter was given many millions of pounds to turn it around.  A luxury a modern Rangers manager won't have.

Rodgers result against the team from Gibraltar was an embarrassment for them.  That one player your talking about cost close to £4m which could buy the Red Imps entire fucking club.  You're actually defending Brendan and that result?  Behave.  

you are deluding yourself if you think we are in anywhere near the same position as Celtic last season after their first leg defeat to red imps .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he can recover . I think the longer we wait is only going to delay the inevitable . We need stability 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Walter was in the job several months before the shock results against the Latvians was he not?  After that result Walter was given many millions of pounds to turn it around.  A luxury a modern Rangers manager won't have.

Rodgers result against the team from Gibraltar was an embarrassment for them.  That one player your talking about cost close to £4m which could buy the Red Imps entire fucking club.  You're actually defending Brendan and that result?  Behave.  

Never happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kaunas aint from Latvia lads ffs:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Walter was in the job several months before the shock results against the Latvians was he not?  After that result Walter was given many millions of pounds to turn it around.  A luxury a modern Rangers manager won't have.

Rodgers result against the team from Gibraltar was an embarrassment for them.  That one player your talking about cost close to £4m which could buy the Red Imps entire fucking club.  You're actually defending Brendan and that result?  Behave.  

If you ignore his first several years at the club then sure.

 

You also could've bought that mobs whole team with what Morelos and Cardoso cost, not to mention Red Imps are better than the team we've just lost to. In respect to our result, ours is much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost impossible I'd say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RDFM said:

You also could've bought that mobs whole team with what Morelos and Cardoso cost, not to mention Red Imps are better than the team we've just lost to. In respect to our result, ours is much worse.

Both results were hugely embarrassing.  Red Imps players were fucking Postmen and Customs Officers FFS :lol:

Capture.thumb.PNG.e6c70fb16402d651dfccabd2a29096c2.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Both results were hugely embarrassing.  Red Imps players were fucking Postmen and Customs Officers FFS :lol:

Capture.thumb.PNG.e6c70fb16402d651dfccabd2a29096c2.PNG

The team we just lost to were also part time. I'm sure the rhags will let us know the postmen ect in the next few days.

The difference is the scum beat them over the course of two legs and went through. We are papped out

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Never happened.

Smith was made manager on 10th January 2007 so he was in the job even longer than I had first suspected.  It was a horrible result followed by great success.  So things can in fact be turned around.  Although, Walter often had the benefit of spending big cash.

"In the 2008–09 UEFA Champions League second qualifying round, Rangers drew 0–0 with Lithuanian side FBK Kaunas at Ibrox on 30 July 2008 and lost the return leg 2–1. The loss against Kaunas meant Rangers made an early exit from European competition". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Winning the league?!?! 😂😂😂

Fucking deluded 

OP asked what would Pedro need to do to win the fans over, I gave my answer. I need suggested we would win the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarcelonaBear1690 said:

The team we just lost to were also part time. I'm sure the rhags will let us know the postmen ect in the next few days.

The difference is the scum beat them over the course of two legs and went through. We are papped out

Both were hugely embarrassing results in their own right.  Celtic had an established team with the addition of a £4m player and still lost.  We're a team in the middle of a complete rebuilding job. 

Many of you are telling me the result against Red Imps is less embarrassing because they won the return leg.  I remember that wasn't the attitude on here at the time.  In fact, we had threads in the Bears' Den about how we must now go and win the title based on their defeat to Red Imps.  Many also said that despite going through over the two legs the embarrassment of the away result would always be with them as the worst in their history.  Now losing to the Red Imps was fine? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Both were hugely embarrassing results in their own right.  Celtic had an established team with the addition of a £4m player and still lost.  We're a team in the middle of a complete rebuilding job. 

Many of you are telling me the result against Red Imps is less embarrassing because they won the return leg.  I remember that wasn't the attitude on here at the time.  In fact, we had threads in the Bears' Den about how we must now go and win the title based on their defeat to Red Imps.  Many also said that despite going through over the two legs the embarrassment of the away result would always be with them as the worst in their history.  Now losing to the Red Imps was fine? 

 

TBH I don't give a fuck about what Celtic did. The fact is we just got knocked out of Europe by a part time team that finished 4th in a country the same population as Edinburgh. 

I like to think I can usually see the big picture. I can't see any positives from tonight bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Smith was made manager on 10th January 2007 so he was in the job even longer than I had first suspected.  It was a horrible result followed by great success.  So things can in fact be turned around.  Although, Walter often had the benefit of spending big cash.

"In the 2008–09 UEFA Champions League second qualifying round, Rangers drew 0–0 with Lithuanian side FBK Kaunas at Ibrox on 30 July 2008 and lost the return leg 2–1. The loss against Kaunas meant Rangers made an early exit from European competition". 

1, Kaunas we Lithuanian.

2, We never went on to win a treble.

3, We had already reached the Uefa Cup Final.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

1, Kaunas we Lithuanian.

2, We never went on to win a treble.

3, We had already reached the Uefa Cup Final.

So we had just reached a UEFA Cup final and then got parped out to a shite team from Lithuania a few months later?  Thanks for making my point even better :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

So we had just reached a UEFA Cup final and then got parped out to a shite team from Lithuania a few months later?  Thanks for making my point even better :lol:

No, you tried to make it as if we had a shite result, then somehow got to the UEFA cup final on the back of it and won a treble :lol: 

Your post was full of pish.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

No, you tried to make it as if we had a shite result, then somehow got to the UEFA cup final on the back of it and won a treble :lol: 

Your post was full of pish.

Thanks for making my points even better :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BarcelonaBear1690 said:

TBH I don't give a fuck about what Celtic did. The fact is we just got knocked out of Europe by a part time team that finished 4th in a country the same population as Edinburgh. 

I like to think I can usually see the big picture. I can't see any positives from tonight bud

The topic asked 'how can Pedro come back from this'.  He can come back from a poor European result by bringing us domestic success.  The comparison to Rodgers result against Imps is a solid one IMO.  There's countless examples of teams or individuals getting off to a poor start and turning it around so you can use one of those examples if it makes you more comfortable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The topic asked 'how can Pedro come back from this'.  He can come back from a poor European result by bringing us domestic success.  The comparison to Rodgers result against Imps is a solid one IMO.  There's countless examples of teams or individuals getting off to a poor start and turning it around so you can use one of those examples if it makes you more comfortable. 

I get your point mate, it's just hard being positive after that. I gave him the benefit of doubt the tail end of last season because he didn't have his own players. Now hes spent every penny we have brought in his own players  and we seem to be worse. 

Hopefully alves can make a difference but I don't know just how game changing a center back can be if we're not scoring goals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BarcelonaBear1690 said:

Hopefully alves can make a difference but I don't know just how game changing a center back can be if we're not scoring goals 

Well a 0-0 draw would have done tonight.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarcelonaBear1690 said:

I get your point mate, it's just hard being positive after that. I gave him the benefit of doubt the tail end of last season because he didn't have his own players. Now hes spent every penny we have brought in his own players  and we seem to be worse. 

Hopefully alves can make a difference but I don't know just how game changing a center back can be if we're not scoring goals 

His singings will be hit and miss as they always are with any manager.  Even managers like Walter Smith signed a fair share of duds. 

Cardoso and Alves have the potential to be the best CB pairing in the SPFL.  This has been a problem area for us for years so Pedro deserves credit here.

We've also been crying out for a defensive mid and more fight in the middle of the park.  I thought Rossiter and Jack did a great job tonight and I certainly feel positive about that partnership going forward.  We also have Dorrans coming in who many of our support rate highly.  These guys will be a heck of a lot better than the likes of Halliday and Windass were last season. 

The manager has brought in Dalcio and Candeas and they don't look up to standard.  We had no creative players to carry over from last season so once again we're struggling.  This is an area we're coming up short in without a doubt.  It's now the managers job to fix this.

We've seen very little of Herrera or Morelos but they're getting no service.  No striker can be prolific if chances aren't being created for them.  If we had a higher standard of creative wide player, as I mentioned before, we would see a lot more from our strikers.  There's still plenty of time left in the window to recruit one or two of those so I'm still hopeful. 

Tonight was a bad result but there has been some good work done.  I genuinely think two quality signings in those wide areas will improve us greatly.  We could easily finish this league season with 20+ more points if we can get some attackers in. 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluepeter said:

I liked this for the sentiment, but I'm not convinced Pedro is the man for the job. I hope he proves me wrong, but he needs a hell of a good start to the league and he needs to keep it going.

Can see two defeats then he'll be oot on his arse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Too me it's not a case of how Pedro comes back, it's how do Rangers come back from here? We're an utter shell of ourselves and its absolutely heartbreaking, i cant even be angry anymore. Even after last season, where we endured every kick in the teeth we possibly could have, we somehow managed to top it all tonight. The players and staff are genuinely world class at finding new ways to humiliate this incredible club, and its support.

We are absolutely, undeniably, irrefutably right up shit creek. I posted much the same after the 5-1 at Ibrox - but i have absolutely no confidence that we'll stop them winning 10 in a row; i have no confidence we'll stop them overtaking us in league titles; and worse, i have absolutely  no confidence that we're destined to return even to where we were in 2011, let alone to our true former glory. For me we are just as likely to surrender our place of historical dominance as we are to securing it, possibly even more so, and that is utterly horrifying. I'm a grown man and I honestly could have wept at the final whistle last night. There's just nothing but utter, utter despair and desperation about the club right now - the retail deal and a few transfer fees were nothing more than shiny distractions - we're just as fucked as we were on April 29th. 

Edited by Vanoli
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walking, the long way round via China, would be good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First post in a long time, actually first post as a sober alcoholic. Been Creeping for ages lol  I was on here a while back as stuvah until my issues. Listen guys as hard as tonight has been and as raging as we are at the players we have to remember where we have been. I just listened to wee rossiter's interview and he is in agony. I asked my cousin haven't we suffered enough over the last five years? and his response was "we are rangers" maybe it's just me but that hit home and reminded me that no matter how bad things get we will always follow rangers 😀👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beaten by the fourth best team in Luxembourg, who play in a ground worse than Pollok's, whose wage bill probably less than Pedro's annual package and the worst result in our entire history. Trashing our credibility and denying us income. He doesn't ever come back from this. And neither should the amateurs who appointed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now