Cedrick

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Fredrick said:

Lot of pish that some think a def mid passing a ball 5 yrds either side is a top player, is it in the football manual not for them to pass forward or at least drive into abit of space? Utter drivel 

Passed and drove forward numerous times, both him and Rossiter.

Selective memory. 

26 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He's a fucking defensive midfielder, he wins the ball and plays it to someone else that's his job ffs

Made up positing for poor players this new roll, umpteen times last 2 legs he could drove us on he's opted for the 5 yarder to the full back , waste of a jersey 

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Passed and drove forward numerous times, both him and Rossiter.

Selective memory. 

Nonsense they barely went forward, the fact we had jack and rossiter is embarrising its a fucking pub team were playing not celtic 

28 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's not a creative player, though.

Why wee sign him them ? We've got a number of central mids that contribute nothing  a game without signing another 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Defend.

People have been going on and on about us getting a defensive midfielder who can do the simple, basic stuff for two years now and within two games we have people saying he's shite because he only does the basic stuff. You honestly couldn't make it up.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

People have been going on and on about us getting a defensive midfielder who can do the simple, basic stuff for two years now and within two games we have people saying he's shite because he only does the basic stuff. You honestly couldn't make it up.

We don't really we have Fredrick & Cedrick (that part you really couldn't make up) who don't understand what the role of a defensive midfielder is! 

It honestly amazes me that this pair think he should be picking out 60 yard passes or driving on at defenses on a regular basis! For what it's worth he did drive on at times and the majority of his passes were to attack minded players! 

4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

We don't really we have Fredrick & Cedrick (that part you really couldn't make up) who don't understand what the role of a defensive midfielder is! 

It honestly amazes me that this pair think he should be picking out 60 yard passes or driving on at defenses on a regular basis! For what it's worth he did drive on at times and the majority of his passes were to attack minded players! 

Lol fucking nonsense this, ive seen defensive mids who break up play and ping it to ur attacking mids or wingers defensive mids now not only break up attacks but start attacks from deep he does neither 

Been reading this thread with interest and the shout seems to be he doesn't create - that's a worry to start with - he's a defensive mid-fielder - fuck sake we weren't playing Real Madrid - does anyone honestly think we needed a defensive mid against that team they are fuckin rotten - and if that's his job he shouldn't have been playing

Just now, Fredrick said:

Lol fucking nonsense this, ive seen defensive mids who break up play and ping it to ur attacking mids or wingers defensive mods now not only break up attacks but start attacks from deep he does neither 

How fucking clueless are you??? His role is so simple, win the ball and offload it! He done that all night, and the majority of the time, it was off loaded to either another midfielder or wide man, bearing in mind our full backs are constantly going forward as well! 

Now im not saying he had a great game but over the course of the 2 legs, especially the first leg, he's done what he's been asked to do! 

Just now, scottyc06 said:

How fucking clueless are you??? His role is so simple, win the ball and offload it! He done that all night, and the majority of the time, it was off loaded to either another midfielder or wide man, bearing in mind our full backs are constantly going forward as well! 

Now im not saying he had a great game but over the course of the 2 legs, especially the first leg, he's done what he's been asked to do! 

Listen mate i dont think he is good enough and wont take us any further than what we have, but for fuck sake he played it to rossiter who is next to him majority of the time or the centre half he had space to and least drive forwards and he never did i do believe he is alot to drive with the ball?? Its fucking textbook even for a defensive mid

2 minutes ago, BarcelonaBear1690 said:

Stupid fuckin thread, he's a defensive midfielder. He's doing his job. Pick any other player in the attacking third and make a thread on them instead 

It's like that Javier Mascherano. He's fucking shite that guy.

You only have to look at his stats:

Capture.png

Only five goals for clubs and country at senior level.

Cunt must be ashamed to draw a wage.

Ryan Jack's the least of our worries, but in fairness, the twins make a decent point about our midfield... when was the last time we had a centre mid who would drive forward, take a player on and open up a bit of space? It's one reason why we're piss easy to defend against.

14 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

what the fuck was he breaking up - they were fuckin rotten - and as I said earlier on I worry we've got a player in the middle of the park nobody expects to create anything - that's like saying got a target man you don't expect to score

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

what the fuck was he breaking up - they were fuckin rotten - and as I said earlier on I worry we've got a player in the middle of the park nobody expects to create anything

Fair comment , but at the same time that shouldn't be directed at Ryan Jack. 

Ryan Jack fulfilled his role. The problem is that role wasn't required. That falls solely on the manager. 

Personally I wouldn't have played ANY holding midfielder tonight, Pedro decided to go with TWO. You can't blame a square for not fitting into a triangle slot 

44 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Maybe it's different people that wanted DMs and those who are complaining. You can't keep everyone happy.

DMs are always going to get it, Hemdani is a good example. Immense in Europe when we really needed one or in OF games but the rest of the league games he was seen as a waste of a jersey against most teams.

When the taigs had Wanyama they were always moaning about him in the league games because he was doing nothing most of the game.

From my POV I've never got on board with people crying for DMs the last couple of years.

In the Championship I was told the defence wasn't bad and we needed a DM then it would be better. The defence proved to be worse than bad and a DM wouldn't have helped.

Last season plenty of calls for DMs and we signed some and got humiliated with them making no difference again before Rossiter was injured and Barton was being a cunt.

I don't doubt they can be important at the right times and the right games, against diddy & pub teams I expect more than someone on that does the basics, I know many won't agree. One thing is 100% and that is we don't need 2 against pub teams and diddy SPL teams. That pairing tonight was the sign it was going to be a shite night and no one will ever convince me otherwise.