Ryan Jack

Cedrick

Jack and Rossiter were our two best players last night. Jack tried to take it upon himself to run forward with the ball and try make something happen when he isn't that type of player, that's how bad our forward-thinking players let us down, Kranjcar, Miller, Candeias, Dalcio and Morelos were absolutely revolting 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anyone else notice when they were waiting on Kranjcar hitting the free-kick, every player was standing still with their hands on their hips not looking interested except Rossiter and Jack, Rossiter was going round every player trying to get them pumped up and pulling their hands off their hips, they were just looking at him like he was daft, at least these two guys showed a bit of fight last night

Playing two defensive midfielders with a player like niko in front just wasn't going to work. We saw the same last season with Rossiter, Barton and Niko.

If we had signed Pena and Dorrans mid June then they'd have played most likely.

Pedros hand has been forced (a little) into naming the team he has named but how many people on here last night said we'd win comfortably after seeing the line up?

I think our best central midfield will be Rossiter, Dorrans and Pena as I think Niko is more of a luxury player when we really need guys with an engine to press when not in possession and to get into the box when we go forward.

Each to their own but this style of player is not for me and knowing we've got 2 central midfielders in jack and rossiter that aren't going to create a single chance score or even fucking shoot all season is depressing to me, ye I understand they've to break up play but when on the ball fur fuck sake try something other than 5 yard square ball , if I was manager I'd be A before the game telling them everything goes forward only sides if it's absolutely desperate or B screaming at them go fucking forward during the game , what wee seen from jack last night is all we'll get , pick it up tidy 5 yard pass to the side , that's not wining us football matches im afraid 

I've slated the manager, board and alot of the new signings between last night and now, but I find it hard to criticise Jack.

Passes to the side are absolutely fine, to say that's all he done with the ball is nonsense. He made forward passes into Kranjcar, Morelos, Miller and Candieas. Go rewatch the game. The front four were one dimensional and he had a player next to him who does the same job, that's not his fault. If anything he tried, especially in the second half to get forward which isn't his game.

No knock on Rossiter who done fine last night aswell, and similarly was asked to do a job that's not his forte.

Jack isn't going to get you 10 goals a season, nor 10 assists. His job is to keep the ball ticking, break up play, deny the opposition side space between the lines. He done a decent job of that IMO. 

Again the buck falls with the manager, we cannot play two DM's with each other against a team we are going to dominate the ball against. Someone absolutely zero coaching qualifications and only playing the game at amateur level knows this, but seemingly the man incharge of our club doesn't.

Jack is a better all round midfielder than Haliday and you can see that already. A well balanced midfield, a manager who gives the team instruction and a strategy in how to go about the game and Jack will prove to be a fine signing. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

I've slated the manager, board and alot of the new signings between last night and now, but I find it hard to criticise Jack.

Passes to the side are absolutely fine, to say that's all he done with the ball is nonsense. He made forward passes into Kranjcar, Morelos, Miller and Candieas. Go rewatch the game. The front four were one dimensional and he had a player next to him who does the same job, that's not his fault. If anything he tried, especially in the second half to get forward which isn't his game.

No knock on Rossiter who done fine last night aswell, and similarly was asked to do a job that's not his forte.

Jack isn't going to get you 10 goals a season, nor 10 assists. His job is to keep the ball ticking, break up play, deny the opposition side space between the lines. He done a decent job of that IMO. 

Again the buck falls with the manager, we cannot play two DM's with each other against a team we are going to dominate the ball against. Someone absolutely zero coaching qualifications and only playing the game at amateur level knows this, but seemingly the man incharge of our club doesn't.

Jack is a better all round midfielder than Haliday and you can see that already. A well balanced midfield, a manager who gives the team instruction and a strategy in how to go about the game and Jack will prove to be a fine signing. 

That is my take on him too. I also think Rossiter will do well although I personally wouldn't start with both. 

Just now, OneDavidCooper said:

That is my take on him too. I also think Rossiter will do well although I personally wouldn't start with both. 

One or the other it has to be. Personally Jack > Rossiter.