• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

Why wouldn't we accept a bye into the next round? 

Hope this is true, as should all of you.

Hell, I'd accept a bye - if only to get more money into the clubs coffers. Either way, Limassol must be ecstatic on getting into round 3.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Hell, I'd accept a bye - if only to get more money into the clubs coffers. 

Exactly.

Doing this would also technically wipe on of our worst ever results from existence on top of giving us the chance to progress further in the competition by some miracle.

13 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

No, but it is a technicality it seems. They failed to tell UEFA he needed the medicine. I can't see how UEFA would kick them out for this.

Legia were kicked out for a sub that came on for the last 10 minutes or something when his team were 6-1 up on aggregate

Wouldn't be any more ridiculous than that

BTW This isn't new information. There is a Sun article from the 19th of June that mentions the player and his ban.

Basically he was signed a few weeks ago but failed a drugs test prior to that at his old club. Progres decided to play him as they were confident they could win the case.

Article: 15th June

https://www.wort.lu/en/sport/sport-football-player-emmanuel-francoise-tests-positive-for-banned-substance-59424b14a5e74263e13c21c2

French football player Emmanuel Françoise's urine sample taken for the May 14 F91 Dudelange-CS Fola Esch championship game tested positive to a banned substance, the Luxembourgish anti-doping agency (ALAD) said on Thursday.

The CS Fola Esch player, who signed with the Progrès Niederkorn for the coming season, has been informed of the results by the ALAD.

Whether, or for how long, the 30-year-old player will be banned is not yet known. 

ALAD said it would notify the disciplinary council against doping, adding that other checks carried out on the day of the game came back negative. 

Regardless of whether this story is true or not it's great to see so many fans saying they wouldn't want to be put through, one thing we can at least all be proud of today is our supporter base has integrity and pride - unlike some we recognise when we've been fairly beaten and will first look within ourselves rather than pointing the finger or playing the blame game.

Bravo Bears. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Actually, on reflection if we get through on a technicality I wouldn't mind. 

Would give us as opportunity to right one of the biggest wrongs in our clubs history. 

Can't be put right mate. Would be sweeping it under the carpet. The beat us fair and square....imo  

I will say this though, if that boy was banned they could be fucked. 

5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Legia were kicked out for a sub that came on for the last 10 minutes or something when his team were 6-1 up on aggregate

Wouldn't be any more ridiculous than that

Or the one where the scum got beat by some Swiss mob and they ( Sion ) played players who were signed whilst under a transfer embargo.Out they went too.