Carlos Pena

On 08/07/2017 at 0:09 AM, siddiqi_drinker said:

We had an absolutely embarrassing, dreadful result in Europe, but it is over and you can't put the rain back in the sky.  We have another thread here attacking players who have yet to pull on the shirt and other who have played no more than a few minutes, yet our resident experts 'know' they are all duds.

Dave King was slated recently for apparently differentiating between 'supporters' and 'fans', he could have added a third category'fannies' of which RM has an abundance. 

<McCoist and Hately were both pretty crap when they joined the club, turned out all right in the end.  Let's see what these guys have to offer before collectively jumping off the Erskine bridge.    

Fucking right mate. Even by RM standards it surprised me how many of our new players are being dismissed as pish. Following the other nights results it's hard to argue but fs guys that haven't even played are being written off. 

The bottom line is this, we have these players now, they will be for some time assosiated with that fucking embarrassment midweek however it's not ridiculous to think they could come good, let's get behind them and give them a chance to do that - if it transpires their shite fair enough but ffs, listening and reading discussions about players being shit that have barely kicked a ball for us - I can already hear people howling at them the first mistake they make in our next home game.  

Last Tuesday was a disaster, prob the worse I remember and I totally understand the anger but some or many of them may come good, it's certainly worth giving them a chance.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Not at all. They regularly draft in 3-4 at time to play an 11-11 in training or to carry out various drills. They don't share dressing rooms etc but they could be in the condition room or gym at the same time. 

Hes clearly got a few pounds to burn off and proper fitness to attain too. Let's hope once he's done that he lives up to his hype. 

Ah OK.

Maybe I'm thinking of the younger youth players and not the development team.

When I was up at Murray Park that's what I was told anyway. 

Someone must have been talking shite :lol:

Probably already been covered on here but I'm in San Diego on holiday at the moment and just met a group of younger Mexico fans going to the game (Mexico v El Salvador) and was asking about Penna.

Basically all saying the same thing that he's not so good now but a couple of years ago was really good as in probably the best of the Mexican team but lost his way with "partying too much " Strangely seemed more positive about Herrera and that he was a good goal scorer. Take or leave it guys just passing it on.

He doesn't look all-that bad in the picture from training. 

He's probably very slightly overweight - which is hardly unheard of during pre-season - and doesn't look any more tired in that picture than Tav does in the one following. You've no idea what he's actually doing in that drill anyway.