Dave King statement on "Big tax case"

Just now, gsa said:

Having grown up in South Africa I know that whatever anyone else says or thinks about Dave King, you don't go over there and make yourself wealthy without having some backbone and nous. It's not an easy environment to prosper in. 

I'm not saying he's the perfect custodian but he can handle himself. 

Yup. Must've been tough for Dave and yourself.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tam Müller said:

Hmm possibly right mate.

Just remember him making a strong statement about it in 2015.

Fucking ridiculous this is even a thing but Ive got a strong feeling this'll go to court. Country consumed by bitterness sadly

Really can't see anyone having grounds to take us to court, however if Liewell keeps opening his uneducated gub it could lead to King taking him to court !

3 minutes ago, Tam Müller said:

Hmm possibly right mate.

Just remember him making a strong statement about it in 2015.

Fucking ridiculous this is even a thing but Ive got a strong feeling this'll go to court. Country consumed by bitterness sadly

That's exactly it though, it's not. They'll try and build it up as such and gather momentum, best thing we can do is dismiss it and don't give it credibility by engaging any further.

14 minutes ago, oldbear said:

No-one has mentioned his remarks on the media yet.....

" It is unfortunate that we have already witnessed typical bouts of hysterical reporting from certain sections of the media and we should continue to ignore those responsible by boycotting their publications and outlets.

He should name and shame the biggest culprits.

Aye your right, name and shame and instruct a boycott??

4 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Dave King seems to be going from strength to  strength - first Ashley now the dark side - keep it going Dave

Can he manage a football team and keep it in Europe at the very first hurdle???

10 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

SHOTS FIRED

The Celtic board issued a statement agitating for a re-opening and reversal of the decisions previously made when, in fact, nothing has changed. It is disappointing that they have attempted to influence the footballing authorities to alter its historic football honours by calling on administrators and lawyers to achieve off the pitch what its teams failed to do on the pitch.

Brilliant!!They will be spewing..why..because it's true. I wonder if they will be contacting you tube to alter the footage of them losing and crying to their superior rivals.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yup. Must've been tough for Dave and yourself.

Haha!! I've never seen that. 

Yeah it was a real school of hard knocks. A couple of times a year it was too cold to swim in the pool and there is nothing worse than running out of coals for the brai. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Haha!! I've never seen that. 

Yeah it was a real school of hard knocks. A couple of times a year it was too cold to swim in the pool and there is nothing worse than running out of coals for the brai. 

Sun, pools, lions, unlimited biltong...Yeah. My heart bleeds for you...

Just now, Inigo said:

Sun, pools, lions, unlimited biltong...Yeah. My heart bleeds for you...

If I makes you feel better I can assure you South Africa's glory days are long gone. 

Good while it lasted though!

Decent statement if it wasn't for the fact he previously claimed:

With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

‘And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

‘I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

‘I know that the Murray Group might not say that, because it might be tantamount to admitting it.

:sarcasm:

Just now, gsa said:

If I makes you feel better I can assure you South Africa's glory days are long gone. 

Good while it lasted though!

As long as they keep sending us biltong it's all good.

People were complaining that we werent making a statement. But sometimes it feels like King has to write one and run it past his lawyers before going public. 

It is well written and gets a good point across. And cannot be misconstrued or used against him.

Whereas if it was one of us we would have went public straight away and said "the 9 in a row stands. So fuck off!"