Friendlies Lined Up?

Has anyone heard anything about possible first team friendlies being lined up between now and the beginning of August that are not closed doors? Even rumours?

Personally I would like to see maybe one at home and perhaps one down in England. I realise it is probably getting too late to start arranging games.

I also wonder if we will play an away European friendly later in the season like we did with Hamburg when we got knocked out of Europe early doors. It would be the least the club could do for members of the travel club. Would be great if we went to somewhere like Spain or Italy in the middle of winter. I believe they both have a winter break.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that diabolical display this week, I think it is good for everyone concerned to keep friendlies behind closed doors. The fans don't want to pay anymore to watch Pedro's happless nomarks, and Pedro could probably do with the break from the spotlight. I'm really dreading this season.

1 hour ago, Orange and Blue said:

Don't know if alot of the first team will be involved. 

Screenshot_20170615-160834.png

Hopefully we use this to play our first team now.

Think we need a glamour friendly at ibrox also if possible.

All half decent/professional sides will have had a friendly schedule arranged weeks ago. We'll be having run outs against Barrow, Forfar and the likes. Still a higher level that those cunts from Luxembourg mind.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

All half decent/professional sides will have had a friendly schedule arranged weeks ago. We'll be having run outs against Barrow, Forfar and the likes. Still a higher level that those cunts from Luxembourg mind.

That's bad news then

Wonder if the new DOF or the manager might want one or more friendly games in front of supporters.    I don't know as between a DOF and a head coach (or whatever Pedro will be calling himself now that a DOF is appointed) who calls the shots on deciding what type of pre-season games are to be played.   Is that now DOF territory to decide on and organise?

But this season, after the utter EL disasters against the Luxembourg side and the denting of confidence that must have taken place across the squad would they really want to risk further damage to their obviously fragile approach to the game by playing in front of supporters even if supporter-attended friendlies could be organised inside the next 4 weeks.    Just imagine the backlash of a Pedro-led side coming up against a half decent professional side from an English league and getting a repeat (or worse) of the Luxembourg performance and result.   A backlash just before the first league game on 6 Aug.    Would Pedro and the DOF want to take that risk?   Are they confident enough of producing a side that would give a proper and decent account of itself in a supporter-attended friendly with such little time left before the first league game if things did not go well?

Or will they just settle for closed doors bounce games against whoever is prepared to play us in Scotland (and that might be a tricky one for SPFL sides now that the agitator club and its bedmates has stirred things up again on titles).    And if they settle for that then the first we'd see if the manager has been able to forge a team of players with the characteristics he described pre-season and motivated to achieve the 'win, win, win' objective he insists will be the case is when they take to the pitch against Motherwell on 6 Aug at 1:30pm.   In other words it'd be a roll of the Pedro dice as to whether we will see the start of a proper Rangers title-challenging side and all the prep work will have taken place behind closed doors.  

We'll see over the next few weeks whether Pedro has the courage to risk another bad showing by taking on good opposition in Supporter-attended friendlies with so little time before the first league game.   I'm not placing any confidence that there will be one or more friendlies for Supporters to go to in this pre-season.   

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Has anyone heard anything about possible first team friendlies being lined up between now and the beginning of August that are not closed doors? Even rumours?

Personally I would like to see maybe one at home and perhaps one down in England. I realise it is probably getting too late to start arranging games.

I also wonder if we will play an away European friendly later in the season like we did with Hamburg when we got knocked out of Europe early doors. It would be the least the club could do for members of the travel club. Would be great if we went to somewhere like Spain or Italy in the middle of winter. I believe they both have a winter break.

It will be just bounce games at Auchenhowie. Sounds like they were banking on at least 4 games in europe to cover pre season.