Is Pedro Caixinha a dead man walking? 

Virtuoso

Shouldn't have been employed in the first place, he came in, watched from the sidelines, and only learned to make us worse, the cup game against them we didn't fight in a one off game, home result a sacking offence due to mismanagement(obvious to most)  board then backed him with cash we won't get get back, time to cut losses. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

It's the team that put us out that's the issue. It's inexcusable and he should have been shown the door for it.

That's the reality.

Sorry mate, but it isn't. The reality is he is still here and going nowhere, as we have fuck all money to do anything else.

The new signings he did play were just in the door and apart from the one or two from last season, the majority were last season's dross. I really don't know what anyone expects in those circumstances. Deep down, I actually thought we wouldn't get through this tie. Just like it has been for over a year now  everything in hope than expectation I'm afraid.

We are Rangers in name only and that doesn't win you fuck all. We remain to have a mountain to climb both on and off the park to restore former glory. We are a shell of our formative years.

I have little faith in this board and a hard on for king as you well know, but we are fucking stuck with it, whilst our neighbours go from strenghth to strength hoovering up money and totles. As much as it irks me, I have admitted defeat whilst this board remain in power. The money and the acumen just isn't there. I cast my mind back to when the current regime took power and remember the five year plan of mini, which I found unacceptable and was raging, as basically it showed there would be little investment and even less ambition and it's now the reality. We can castigate all the players and managers we want until the cows come home, but it will not make one iota of a difference, as the board call the shots. 

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but this board have won and the reality is, we may hope to win things, even a game, but we can no longer expect it and that much has been very clear over the last year.

The manager, the players don't bring themselves to Ibrox, but those who do, have levered themselves into such a position of strength, they are no longer even held accountable. That's the position we today find ourselves in.

I'd like to think our situation will improve, but just about everything possible conspires against our moving forward as we now have another war on our hands with the title stripping. Even if our board put up the good fight and still lose, then where do we go, because staying in this corrupt backwater under those circumstances would only show that we would accept any shite and be forever sullied. We are neither liked nor wanted. I can deal with that, but if we lose titles at the behest of a bunch of pikey taig malcontents, you know the game is up and they would be the last cunts whom I'd let lord over me or my team.

In conclusion, PC is not where it's at for me and it remains the board and all those haters who conspire against us. PC and these new signings are just the next set of pawns in a rigged game of chess.

26 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Get what you are saying here I do. We need to temper our expectations but come on man. I fully expected us to get past the part timers then to have at least had a real fight with the Cypriots for qualification which being brutally honest I expected us to struggle given they are an established team.

I don't think that's too much to expect and I don't think anything other than that is acceptable even taking into account where we are in the grand scheme of things.

I get that too. Of course we should have won, but the one thing I have at last come to learn, is to expect the unexpected when it comes to us. Expectation and us these days inevitably leads to being quite deflated.

In the bigger scheme of things, I'm just not that fussed as we would never have qualified for the groups proper in any case and for me the result itself will have absolutely no bearing on how we perform in the league, as it's far too early for that and for many other obvious reasons I have already stated.

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

:sarcasm:

Let's just forget the two 5-1 drubbings (one of which was our worst home defeat).

Aberdeens away record of 26 years without a win fucked.

Or the fact we barely scraped a win at home to a part time team and subsequently suffered the worst away defeat by any Scottish team in Europe - this with a team that he brought in.

We'll just pretend everything is fucking rosey will we.

Point 1 and 2 was Warburton's team, but hey let's blame PC.

Luxembourg was a disastrous result, but so was Berwick Rangers.  After the latter we bowed to fan pressure, binned two scapegoats and had one of these two been playing in N'berg we would probably have won the 67 ECWC. 

There is no pretending everything is a bed of roses, but I don't think now is the time to go into full-blown panic mode especially since most of the new players, on whom our hopes rest, have hardly kicked a ball.

Many football observers see Pedro's team playing style needs particularly strong and able midfield and defensive leaders to shuttle back to cover while making the most out of Tav and Wallace's ability to bomb forward. I'd say until Dorrans and Bruno were in place his team were never going to be able to play this way. A more pragmatic manager would have parked the bus maybe but it seems best now to write off the whole European adventure as a luxury we couldn't really afford. 

The experts also seem to accept that Pedro has a good track record in raising up players to sell-on for considerable sums. This may be invaluable to us in the long-term: and would explain the likes of Dalcio, Pena, and Candeias. If you sell even one of them for a few million as he did in Mexico and in the middle east then it makes a lot more sense.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Are you seriously trying to suggest we shouldn't be pumping that mob over two legs? 

A part time team who had scored ONE European goal in their history? And you suggest we need a reality check? 

Limited funds? Yeah it's not like we've spunked millions into the squad. wonder what the budget of Progres is....

Anybody downplaying this defeat doesn't need a reality check, they need a doctor!

It's not down playing. The result is the result. That is the reality. 

You forget exactly where we are and what we are at this point in time, which equals, not very fucking good and seven of those players were the old guard from last season.

The arrogance is palpable and whether under this manager or any other, we have a few more shocks to come and anyone who thinks otherwise do need a doctor.

Do you not get that the club is shrouded in instability and haters on all sides trying to kill us of? Our first venture into Europe in six years with a squad full of dross and a new manager. FFS, we were trying to achieve what no other Scottish team outwith the scum have achieved in these years.

Drop the god given right shite and we might just get somewhere.

Just being Rangers these days wins you fuck all. Victories are earned and we didn't earn the right to win. 

He really needs a good start to the season as they are quite tough games hopefully it comes good and his signings do really well.

I have been disappointed so far in him but he still has the chance to change everyone's mind.

A cant believe im reading this we should have parked the bus.really?? 

This tie was an absolute certainty.theres surely noone that could have thought we wouldnt go through.fuck, least half of us thought we would put up title challenge

Everyone was buzzing until the first game and even then ,although result wasnt great, there was no danger whatsoever of going out.

3 hours ago, HG5 said:

And how good do you think the Luxembourg lot's preparation was?

They had 7 newcomers in their team, apparently, all of whom will have been of a lower standing than ours (or you'd hope!).

Folk are far too ready to excuse abject failure - it's something we've been far too ready to do over the last few years.

7 of the Rangers starting 11 the other night have been in teams/squads that could not beat Alloa or Ross County (twice) at home. That's how bad we were long before PC even came near the club.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Are you seriously trying to suggest we shouldn't be pumping that mob over two legs? 

A part time team who had scored ONE European goal in their history? And you suggest we need a reality check? 

Limited funds? Yeah it's not like we've spunked millions into the squad. wonder what the budget of Progres is....

Anybody downplaying this defeat doesn't need a reality check, they need a doctor!

What we should do is give a manager a project and funds to achieve it. Let's say 2nd in the league and maximum of 10 points deficit. In year one. In year 2 a genuine credible title challenge.

Or sack the manager after a euro gubbing that was shameless but means fuck all in the context of the project and minimum requirements.

And in doing do leave any new manager (fuck knows who would come if you get sacked before your signings turn up) with 2 previous managers squads to shift.

Genius. If you think the players currently are capable bit the manager isn't. Or that we're minted and will keep buying managers and squads. Or you believe we have a god given right to win just because were Rangers.

He lost the dressing room last season and he's done it already this season .

It's PLG MK2 .

Trying to be the ultra hard man manager and it hasny worked . 

Trying to re invent the wheel or fix the clock that isn't broke .

For all Kings faults , I think he'll ship him out by Christmas .

4 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

It's PLG MK2 .

By Xmas, another title will be gone. Another new man will then need another couple of windows to rid us of Pedros duds. If that doesn't work out, it's then rinse and repeat, again and again, like Ariston. Why can't we just have a competent board who can head hunt a man who can do the job? McCall, Warburton and Pedro have all been ridiculous appointments. If they had got it right first time, we may have got promoted at first time of asking and by now could easily have been challenging for titles and trophies, or maybe even already have caught the rat catchers. Who knows. It's effectively been a couple of years wasted under King on the park. As good as their work off it has been. 

Just give us a man with a CV which shows he knows what he is doing. Pedros CV should not even have got him an interview ffs. If his agent wasn't pals with Parks son, no one at Ibrox would know who he was. 

Some amount of pish posted in this thread.

He has been allowed to sign a few players and he should be given time and our support until they have played together.

Windass and Fod were to blame for the Progres result.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

When Pedro gets the can, so should Stewart Robertson, that cunt is absolutely clueless. 

He hired this guy cause he pointed out the teams weaknesses in a presentation  :lol:

Fs I could have done that 

46 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

1 - He's been given funds, nobody can deny this. Let's come back to this half way through the season and see how many points adrift of the scum we are. 

■Excellent. We now give him half a season. Progress..

2 - Didn't Dave King say a big part of the project was for us to get back in Europe for financial reasons and to attract a better calibre of player? 

■Is it a part of his minimal requirement remit? Proof?

3 - Plenty of managers would jump at the chance to manage our great club, even if they seen Pedro sacked right now.

■Yeah the way it ended with MW; then PC booted before the season starts. You're likely right. Go to Rangers, sign a lengthy contract, get beat, get sacked, get paid off. What's not to like?

4 - The players can do better under a manager with tactical awareness! This whole ' because we're Rangers define right to win' garbage that is being spouted needs to stop. Just another in a long line of points that has no relevance to the situation. We as Rangers fans 100% should expect our first team to beat any part time team, especially one who finished fourth in Luxembourg, no matter how bad last season was! How any fan expects anything less is beyond me.

■Utter bollocks. We have fans who expected us to win the league pre last week's calamity. And who will expect it again soon or the manager deserves sacked. No looking at squad values, internationalists, income, settled team etc. Their argument is simply we are Rangers. It's pretentious and you can deny it if you want bit it's there.

Let me ask you this, has our manager delivered enough in his time at the club? Is losing to such a team deemed acceptable by yourself?

■ losing as we did was far from acceptable. Sackable? No.

Has he delivered enough?

I'll answer that in another thread but will say my bigger anger is at the players.

You asked a similar type of question in division 1 under Mark Warburton, at a time we were successful and progressing as a club after one of the worst seasons at our club.

Unfortunately things didn't work out as expected but nobody could have predicted the implosion 6 or so months later! If you can have a go at a manager due to lack or goals or our goalkeeper being MOTM at home to some division 1 team, then why after overseeing 3 of the worst results in our history under another manager that is getting nothing out of the players, why are you not willing to have a go?

■ He had his team playing, regularly, and the mistakes were repeated to our cost.

PC has talked about a strong spine. Alves, Pena, Dorrans will form most of that. So it is currently incomparable.

For the record, I'm not saying PC is destined to be successful. Nut I do believe he could be. I also think that if we get rid of him then we won't stop 10 from the bheasts as we'd have 2 squads a new manager likely wouldn't want and that we couldn't afford to replace.

I see the risk of punting greater than giving him the opportunity we said we would tbh

55 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

It's PLG MK2 .

That dressing room was a failure not worth keeping.

Tell me how you get rid of players you dont want who are contracted til 2020  without being a hard cunt?

Reinvent the wheel? What like challenge the bheast who are settled, investing, with millions more income,,.....on a comparative shoe string budget. Maybe not reinventing wheel but by fuck wouldn't be easy for any manager.

The clock is fucking broke. Our team finished 3rd and needed overhauled.

Maybe King will sack him. Maybe deservedly so. But if he was given league targets but then sacked due to a euro result then that would make King an even bigger fud than the one I believe him to be.

8 hours ago, delamonty said:

Fuck sake.   Ok terrible embarrassing result. I care deeply about this

He needs OUR TEAM needs our support

MON THEGERS!!!!

And he'll obviously get it ? No Rangers fan is going to want Rangers to lose out of pettiness but this a serious situation we're in. The guy has given me, along with thousands of others, absolutely no confidence in his managerial ability. He better hit the ground running. 

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And he'll obviously get it ? No Rangers fan is going to want Rangers to lose out of pettiness but this a serious situation we're in. The guy has given me, along with thousands of others, absolutely no confidence in his managerial ability. He better hit the ground running. 

He won't get it.

Rangers lose the toss to see who kicks off in our first league game and some will demand PC be sacked because of it.

Lines have been drawn. For some there will be no support, regardless.

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He won't get it.

Rangers lose the toss to see who kicks off in our first league game and some will demand PC be sacked because of it.

Lines have been drawn. For some there will be no support, regardless.

Pish.

plus, he doesn't need our support necessarily, he needs the support of the team first and foremost and it looks like he might no even have that.