Positives about Pedro

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, Alves70 said:

Too many side to side passes and incredibly slow build up play and that needs to be worked on before the season starts.

That's a really good point to be honest. We are trying to change mindsets of players who have been taught to play a certain style. And to me the biggest culprits over the two legs were the likes of Miller, Wallace, Tavernier, Kranjcar (second leg) and how slowly they were doing things. I remember a bit in the second leg where Miller and Wallace passed the ball between themselves for about 30 seconds, going nowhere with it, basically standing still passing it to each other, none of them even thought about passing then moving in behind the defence. 

The only bits of hope I'm currently clinging to is we vastly improve going forward and hopefully the likes of Herrera, Pena and Dorrans can help that. I think we'll be relatively solid at the back when Bates is out and Alves in. 

There are still reasons to be optimistic about the coming season as we have made some good signings, we just need it to click, Rangers haven't had any good luck for too long now, we're due a break 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being serious - the guy has good connections (Alves, Cardoso), he's had enough about him to realise we needed more coaches and more contacts through Europe (Johansson - I'm sure the list will grow too), and he's capitalised on that by bringing in guys like Morelos from that market.

I think he's been ruthless with the previous squad and that was the right way to go about things, but his methods may have alienated a lot of the squad, which may be contributing to some of the issues we're seeing now, plus McKay leaving.

He's also recognised we need a good core of Rangers boys at the heart of the team, guys like Jack, Dorrans and hopefully Walker to come in.

Far too early to say and certainly far too early to be calling for his sacking!!  FFS - people really have short memories on here.. it's also disappointing to read 'fans' slagging our own players when they're just in the door!!

he inherited a piss poor squad - so didn't have a great base to build from!  lets not forget that 5 of these first team players he inherited were pumped off Tynecastle yesterday - they just don't care.. probably never have!!..

The first 4 games of the new season will give us a better indication of what to expect (especially the two home games against Hibs and Hearts).

EDIT: ohhh... and another positive - he's NOT Ian Cathro! ;)

18 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

That's a really good point to be honest. We are trying to change mindsets of players who have been taught to play a certain style. And to me the biggest culprits over the two legs were the likes of Miller, Wallace, Tavernier, Kranjcar (second leg) and how slowly they were doing things. I remember a bit in the second leg where Miller and Wallace passed the ball between themselves for about 30 seconds, going nowhere with it, basically standing still passing it to each other, none of them even thought about passing then moving in behind the defence. 

The only bits of hope I'm currently clinging to is we vastly improve going forward and hopefully the likes of Herrera, Pena and Dorrans can help that. I think we'll be relatively solid at the back when Bates is out and Alves in. 

There are still reasons to be optimistic about the coming season as we have made some good signings, we just need it to click, Rangers haven't had any good luck for too long now, we're due a break 

Agree with most of what you say, we treated the last game like a training session and suddenly found ourselves behind, that is not acceptable.  I really hope Alves and Dorrans can provide much-needed leadership on the park in the Amo/Butcher/Gough method of driving players and leading by example.

trying to remain optimistic

11 minutes ago, pangster said:

Far too early to say and certainly far too early to be calling for his sacking!!  FFS - people really have short memories on here.. it's also disappointing to read 'fans' slagging our own players when they're just in the door!!

he inherited a piss poor squad - so didn't have a great base to build from!  lets not forget that 5 of these first team players he inherited were pumped off Tynecastle yesterday - they just don't care.. probably never have!!..

The first 4 games of the new season will give us a better indication of what to expect (especially the two home games against Hibs and Hearts).

EDIT: ohhh... and another positive - he's NOT Ian Cathro! ;)

'fans' lol

2 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm not his biggest fan, but to be fair to him McKay really should have went earlier on. Far too flimsy and inconsistent, we will not be talking about him in Scotland in 5 years time as he is destined for for English League 2 obscurity. Alves could work out very well for us, and Pedro deserves a good bit of credit in getting him here.

Sorry mate, misread your post :tu: 

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

What a pathetic thread, but sums up the mind sets of the delusionary.

Firstly he didn't bring himself here. He was recruited by the board and if in this very short period of time when he has yet to bed in his own players as opposed to being surrounded by and having to play dross and malcontents at that. If that's considered failure, then it's being aimed at the wrong guy. Try having a go at the board who are pretty much unaccountable for anything since their rise to power.

A fucking second rate competition that we never had a hope in hell of qualifying to the group stages in and trying to achieve something that no other team in Scotland could do in our extended absence.  Yet here we are doing what we do best. Sacapegoat united.

Let the guy get his own team on the park ffs and then judge

It appears the glory boys can't get over the gory days. Well the reality is we are not what we were and we have a mountain to climb to get back there.

No doubt it's the self same protagonists that held the magic hat in such esteem and look how that turned out.

There are none so fickle indeed.

What he said ?

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Are the signings of Alves and Dorrans classed as a negative in your eyes?

Fair enough they are a step in the right direction but after last Tuesday, any enthusiasm I had for this season disappeared.

Obviously hope to fuck I'm proved wrong but the cynic in me can't see it ending in anything but tears under Caixinha.

He's done nothing but get it wrong since he's been here, he needs to go before the season starts or we will be starting from scratch in three months time, as for Cardoso he wasn't too clever against the pub team from Luxembourg and there is no proof that the new signings are any good.

7 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

He's done nothing but get it wrong since he's been here, he needs to go before the season starts or we will be starting from scratch in three months time, as for Cardoso he wasn't too clever against the pub team from Luxembourg and there is no proof that the new signings are any good.

What did Cardoso do wrong in that match? So Ryan Jack has been shite, has he? So Alves and Dorrans are flops before they play?