Post an odd Rangers pic

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I presume you're talking about the 4-0 victory in 1963?...Big Harold scored around the 10th minutes off a deflection from Crerand (of all people) that looped over my big mate Frank Haffey. We got the second after Haffey palmed a fierce shot from Ralph Brand and Jimmy Millar was on hand to score from 2 yards (We can thank Crerand for that one also)... The third goal will forever live in my memory because it was scored a couple of minutes later by John Greig who won the ball from a sellic throw-in about 25 yards from goal, played a 1-2 with Brand, got a deflection off Murdoch (I think) and almost burst the net from 10 yards out. Big Harold and Baxter were running riot in the middle of the park and Millar and Brand were terrorising their defence, so it was no surprise that we got another with 10 minutes to go whem Davis made a complete arse of Kennedy who looked like a guy wearing roller skates on ice, pushed the ball to Jimmy Millar, then was kicked away by a defender but ricocheted back to where Davie Wilson was lurking inside the penalty box and he lashed it past Haffey from 6 yards.

I remember getting into a fight when I got back home with my pal who lived across the road because he insisted that Ronnie McKinnon handled the ball inside the penalty box when we were 1-0 up, so they should have got a penalty kick...fucking bollocks; the ball bounced from the hard pitch and hit Ronnie....The scum were giving the referee pelters for it :dance:

As to the story about Crerand; I can tell you exactly what happened at half time, because it was told to me by a sellic player who was in that dressing room and was only 2 yards away from Crerand. Sean Fallon (AKA Sligo Tim) was the assistant manager at that time and at half time he gave Paddy Crerand an absolute rocket because he thought Crerand wasn't trying hard enough, so of course Crerand took exception to this. It seems Crerand wanted to tighten up at the back (we were leading 1-0) and wait for a chance on us fucking up, but Fallon being the bombastic cunt that he was; and still is wanted to go all out attack. Crerand basically told Fallon he was a fuckwit and it was on no holds barred. Then the chairman,Bob Kelly walked in and had to stop it and of course took Fallon's side (as was right), so Crerand decided he wasn't going out for the second half, but McGrory the manager forced him to go out.

The upshot was that Sean Fallon was a particular favourite with Robert Kelly and had lots of influence in that club, so Crerand was dropped immediately for all games for a month and then sold to Manchester United. I was also told that Crerand knew nothing about being transferred to Manchester United and that he found out about it when he was going home after being at the chapel and was approached by the doyen of sports reporters of the day; Jim Rodger who asked him about his transfer to Manchester United; which had Crerand stunned because he knew fuck all about it.

so basicly i got nearly the whole story,good on you 53 year later..my only meeting with paddy c. was home from wales where i was working it would be early 1960 ,my mate had got his first car and 3 of us  went out on sunday for a run ,finished at the baillie nicol jarvie in aberfoyle. after a bit the doors opened and a bus outing came in noisy f,n lot ,i recognised a guy that worked beside me and he was telling me it was some st, something social club ..no he wasnt..any way i went to the loo for a p and there was a young guy in a celtic blazer signing some f,n song about irish  famines any way i got the look ,what the fk are you looking at he asked which i ignored there was 3 of them i got out pdf. any way after a bit we got off.when i met up with my old wk.mate we were talking about the night out he said i was lucky i took the quick exit as the youth was one paddy crerand and hes as f,n nutter..nuf said close call.

1 hour ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

so basicly i got nearly the whole story,good on you 53 year later..my only meeting with paddy c. was home from wales where i was working it would be early 1960 ,my mate had got his first car and 3 of us  went out on sunday for a run ,finished at the baillie nicol jarvie in aberfoyle. after a bit the doors opened and a bus outing came in noisy f,n lot ,i recognised a guy that worked beside me and he was telling me it was some st, something social club ..no he wasnt..any way i went to the loo for a p and there was a young guy in a celtic blazer signing some f,n song about irish  famines any way i got the look ,what the fk are you looking at he asked which i ignored there was 3 of them i got out pdf. any way after a bit we got off.when i met up with my old wk.mate we were talking about the night out he said i was lucky i took the quick exit as the youth was one paddy crerand and hes as f,n nutter..nuf said close call.

Can someone please put the picture of the blonde headed guy with the moustache saying "the fuck?" underneath this post please?