28 years ago today

Virtuoso

I remember coming in from school and ma da telling me that we were signing a catholic,and then he said"well,if we're signing one of them it had better be the best one on the planet"

I then went to school the next day and told everyone that we were signing maradonna,what a fucking shock when we got mojo

Thing is,we were getting a new player every day back then and maradonna seemed a do-able target to my teenage addled mind.:duh:

14 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

I remember coming in from school and ma da telling me that we were signing a catholic,and then he said"well,if we're signing one of them it had better be the best one on the planet"

I then went to school the next day and told everyone that we were signing maradonna,what a fucking shock when we got mojo

Thing is,we were getting a new player every day back then and maradonna seemed a do-able target to my teenage addled mind.:duh:

biggrin_1.gifbiggrin_1.gif

I was in Ciudadela when I heard as a wee guy. Me and my dad saw it on the back page of the Sun and couldny believe it.

Great player for us. Always looked like he loved every goal he scored for us. Clearly we were the only team he wanted to play for.

Those were the good old days when you knew every summer would bring several top notch signings. Close season was exciting.

"Its really the media who are bringing all the attentions in the newspapers, theres no really a problem"

Seems the modern trend of the media inventing the narrative where our clubs concerned isnt really that modern.

Was working in London the day he got the last minute winner against the tarriers, the English media had it as him scoring for celtic in their feed, was working with a mutant pikey from cork, he was fucking beeling.

The vast, vast majority of Rangers fans were delighted. First it was a good player we were signing, second it got one over on the mhanks, third it was just another sign that we were pulling further and further away from them.

His late, first goal v them is one of my best memories as a fan. Obv a late goal v them is always great, but him doing it to them made it that much better, as did his wild celebration. It's one of my earliest memories of a completely mental goal celebration by the fans. Was involved in some earlier than that, but they're not quite as clear in the mind.

Was there for his debut as well in the Spurs friendly. Unveiling him and England international Trevor Steven. Great times. Feel distant in more ways than one these days.

12 hours ago, Inigo said:

The vast, vast majority of Rangers fans were delighted. First it was a good player we were signing, second it got one over on the mhanks, third it was just another sign that we were pulling further and further away from them.

His late, first goal v them is one of my best memories as a fan. Obv a late goal v them is always great, but him doing it to them made it that much better, as did his wild celebration. It's one of my earliest memories of a completely mental goal celebration by the fans. Was involved in some earlier than that, but they're not quite as clear in the mind.

Was there for his debut as well in the Spurs friendly. Unveiling him and England international Trevor Steven. Great times. Feel distant in more ways than one these days.

Must have been their home debut, Mo and Clever Trevor played for the first time against Airdrie at Broomfield in a testimonial.