Friendly v Sheff Wed 30th July at Hillsborough?

I'm driving down me ma 2 boys and nephew and staying in Doncaster on Saturday night then heading away at 10am going to have a look at Doncaster Fc stadium then going to have a look at bramall lane since we're  in Sheffield anyway then round to hillsbrough, ma weans are totally buzzing for it and I'm trying to hide how much am buzzing for it. I think it will be fantastic down here with all the fellow bears. 

1 hour ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I'm driving down me ma 2 boys and nephew and staying in Doncaster on Saturday night then heading away at 10am going to have a look at Doncaster Fc stadium then going to have a look at bramall lane since we're  in Sheffield anyway then round to hillsbrough, ma weans are totally buzzing for it and I'm trying to hide how much am buzzing for it. I think it will be fantastic down here with all the fellow bears. 

I'm from Doncaster bud, where you staying?

Just read through the thread & got to the part about ticket sales. There are two words that stop us selling the amount of tickets that we want to sell; Hillsborough. Disaster. 

Now, I'm able to get two extra tickets for the match whether it be on the Kop or the South Stand. Whoever replies first will get them & I'll meet on matchday to exchange tickets & money (face value) and I'll probably stay for a bit for a beer & a bit of a sing song

& for the guy a couple of pages back who was asking about a disabled car parking space outside the ground, you're better off giving the club (Wednesday) a ring and asking if you can park outside the club shop. Failing that, you're probably better off getting a taxi

Quick word on getting to the ground from Plug, you're better off walking to City hall (10 minutes tops) and getting the tram to Leppings Lane which is for the ground but if you're wanting a beer, get off at Hillsborough corner, there's a good number of pubs around that area and I doubt you'll have any problems with our fans around that area

48 minutes ago, The Owl said:

Just read through the thread & got to the part about ticket sales. There are two words that stop us selling the amount of tickets that we want to sell; Hillsborough. Disaster. 

Now, I'm able to get two extra tickets for the match whether it be on the Kop or the South Stand. Whoever replies first will get them & I'll meet on matchday to exchange tickets & money (face value) and I'll probably stay for a bit for a beer & a bit of a sing song

& for the guy a couple of pages back who was asking about a disabled car parking space outside the ground, you're better off giving the club (Wednesday) a ring and asking if you can park outside the club shop. Failing that, you're probably better off getting a taxi

Quick word on getting to the ground from Plug, you're better off walking to City hall (10 minutes tops) and getting the tram to Leppings Lane which is for the ground but if you're wanting a beer, get off at Hillsborough corner, there's a good number of pubs around that area and I doubt you'll have any problems with our fans around that area

Is that the reason for the Council Safety Committee that the other boy was talking about being over zealous?

I mean what happens when Wednesday play Leeds or the Blunts? Surely the ground is a sell out? I mean this game will be lucky to get 20,000.

8 hours ago, The Owl said:

How many tickets will Wednesday sell?

The ground is going to be half empty, mental to blame the disaster on this, it's not comparable in anyway.

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Is that the reason for the Council Safety Committee that the other boy was talking about being over zealous?

I mean what happens when Wednesday play Leeds or the Blunts? Surely the ground is a sell out? I mean this game will be lucky to get 20,000.

Yes. Wednesday obviously want to sell as many tickets as we can cause that earns more money. Take the Huddersfield play off semi from last season for example, the attendance was just over 32,500. Absolutely ridiculous for a ground that holds over 39,000. I know we don't us the north west corner anymore due to safety reasons (I question that because that's where the Sky studio is put for any televised matches) but that should only drop it to 38,000. Absolute farce. Our chairman hates it that much that he's bought a well established taxi firm in Sheffield just so he can get in with the council and try and get our capacity bumped up that way cause he doesn't want us to leave Hillsborough. So it is being worked on, just a massive shame that we seem to have shafted you with tickets (on the face of it)

24 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

How many tickets will Wednesday sell?

The ground is going to be half empty, mental to blame the disaster on this, it's not comparable in anyway.

I honestly couldn't say. It might just touch a crowd of 20,000 but there'll be a lot more Rangers in home areas than last time so maybe more

I don't mean it's the same as the disaster crowd wise but it's the disaster that is the root of SYP and SAG being so stupidly overly cautious. They're a joke mate, I don't know another club on the planet that is forced by some other board of jobsworth cunts who are so scared of something happening because of something that shouldn't have happened almost 30 years ago 

2 minutes ago, The Owl said:

Yes. Wednesday obviously want to sell as many tickets as we can cause that earns more money. Take the Huddersfield play off semi from last season for example, the attendance was just over 32,500. Absolutely ridiculous for a ground that holds over 39,000. I know we don't us the north west corner anymore due to safety reasons (I question that because that's where the Sky studio is put for any televised matches) but that should only drop it to 38,000. Absolute farce. Our chairman hates it that much that he's bought a well established taxi firm in Sheffield just so he can get in with the council and try and get our capacity bumped up that way cause he doesn't want us to leave Hillsborough. So it is being worked on, just a massive shame that we seem to have shafted you with tickets (on the face of it)

I honestly couldn't say. It might just touch a crowd of 20,000 but there'll be a lot more Rangers in home areas than last time so maybe more

I don't mean it's the same as the disaster crowd wise but it's the disaster that is the root of SYP and SAG being so stupidly overly cautious. They're a joke mate, I don't know another club on the planet that is forced by some other board of jobsworth cunts who are so scared of something happening because of something that shouldn't have happened almost 30 years ago 

Fair enough, there's more chance of trouble with thousands of us in the home end/staying in the pubs all day and that's exactly what's going to happen if we don't get more.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Fair enough, there's more chance of trouble with thousands of us in the home end/staying in the pubs all day and that's exactly what's going to happen if we don't get more.

I know mate, be a massive shame too. Especially with how good it was last time. Even if they don't allow us to give more, it may be worth trying to get them on our end anyway cause if there's enough of you I imagine they'd delay kick off and either put you in the north stand with the rest of your fans or the Leppings Lane end which you had last time

35 minutes ago, The Owl said:

Is the North-West corner dangerous? Does it have a safety certificate? I mean if a ground meets all the relevant safety legislation etc then what right do the council and the police have in denying the club the ability to sell tickets. Especially as I assume the council are the relevant authorities who have signed off on the ground? 

As an aside i'm really looking forward to going. I've never been to Hillsborough before and I love the fact you still have a traditional looking main stand. 

32 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Yeah you are right bud. I mean last time looked cracking and there was no bother, but you never know what can happen if people have been drinking all day and there are larger numbers of the away support in with the home. 

This is my opinion and i have stated it many a time on Owlstalk, Hillsborough in its present form is outdated and not suitable for modern day football with big attendances , the West Stand needs bulldozing and rebuilding, the North West Corner the same as it rarely has an active safety certificate from what i have heard, the North Stand as majestic as it is has had problems with entrances/exits onto the stands/concourses which resulted on certain areas being "closed" a few seasons ago, the Kop is a mess, it's a dump with loads upon loads of restricted views due to all the pillars, the South Stand IS fit for purpose and looks fantastic and they sell Amstel :)

For me i favour a new stadium near Meadowhall as modern day football has to have a 7 day income from non football events, Hillsborough doesn't do this due to its location 4 miles from the city centre IMO

3 minutes ago, steveger1 said:

This is my opinion and i have stated it many a time on Owlstalk, Hillsborough in its present form is outdated and not suitable for modern day football with big attendances , the West Stand needs bulldozing and rebuilding, the North West Corner the same as it rarely has an active safety certificate from what i have heard, the North Stand as majestic as it is has had problems with entrances/exits onto the stands/concourses which resulted on certain areas being "closed" a few seasons ago, the Kop is a mess, it's a dump with loads upon loads of restricted views due to all the pillars, the South Stand IS fit for purpose and looks fantastic and they sell Amstel :)

For me i favour a new stadium near Meadowhall as modern day football has to have a 7 day income from non football events, Hillsborough doesn't do this due to its location 4 miles from the city centre IMO

I didn't realise it was in such a bad state. I watched Wednesday a bit the last few years on TV and it always looks cracking.

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Is the North-West corner dangerous? Does it have a safety certificate? I mean if a ground meets all the relevant safety legislation etc then what right do the council and the police have in denying the club the ability to sell tickets. Especially as I assume the council are the relevant authorities who have signed off on the ground? 

As an aside i'm really looking forward to going. I've never been to Hillsborough before and I love the fact you still have a traditional looking main stand. 

Yeah you are right bud. I mean last time looked cracking and there was no bother, but you never know what can happen if people have been drinking all day and there are larger numbers of the away support in with the home. 

I meant to press reply but pressed refresh by mistake cause I'm trying to do too many things at once. In short, we put Wycombe fans in the corner when we got promoted in 2012 & the club are visibly starting to get pissed off with it. Hence our chairman buying the taxi company to get in with the council

@steveger1, FuthaMucker

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I didn't realise it was in such a bad state. I watched Wednesday a bit the last few years on TV and it always looks cracking.

It's not that's particularly in a bad state, it just needs a massive update. If/when we get promoted, this will happen & I imagine we'd turn it into another version of Villa Park

1 minute ago, The Owl said:

I meant to press reply but pressed refresh by mistake cause I'm trying to do too many things at once. In short, we put Wycombe fans in the corner when we got promoted in 2012 & the club are visibly starting to get pissed off with it. Hence our chairman buying the taxi company to get in with the council

@steveger1, FuthaMucker

ha ha, should have know it was you when it said Donni

1 minute ago, The Owl said:

It's not that's particularly in a bad state, it just needs a massive update. If/when we get promoted, this will happen & I imagine we'd turn it into another version of Villa Park

Fair enough. 

Just stop buying ex-Celtic players and Celtic fans. Makes it quite difficult to cheer you boys on :lol: 

Do you think Hutton will be a good signing? I see you are in for Charlie Mulgrew too.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Fair enough. 

Just stop buying ex-Celtic players and Celtic fans. Makes it quite difficult to cheer you boys on :lol: 

Do you think Hutton will be a good signing? I see you are in for Charlie Mulgrew too.

I'm sick of us buying ex-Celtic cause I don't like them until they come to us?

I think Hutton could be a good signing at this level but I'd rather we signed someone younger who could improve and make the eventual step up. I'll be honest, I wanted us to snap Mulgrew up on a free this time last year and no one else (that I saw) wanted him but now everyone wants us to pay a fee for him. Fuckin stupidity