Friendly v Sheff Wed 30th July at Hillsborough?

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Mac said:

@The Owl Mate what's parking like near the stadium? taking the car and want to head back to Glasgow right after the game.

Either park on one of the streets off Herries Road (The hill opposite the Kop End) or park at Meadowhall Shopping Centre which is free and get the tram to and from the ground

3 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

Fair enough, there's more chance of trouble with thousands of us in the home end/staying in the pubs all day and that's exactly what's going to happen if we don't get more.

I'm just off the phone to the Leader of the City Council after contacting her this morning about the possible scenario of fans arriving & locked out, yet empty seats in the ground. I was hoping it may influence the SAG & SY Police's stance.

After contacting 2 senior officials at SY Police the response was they never agreed to 9,000 tickets for away fans, however after the success of the previous game & behaviour of the fans they agreed to an increase of 2,500 of the 4,500 tickets we were allocated last time, taking the total to 7,000 tickets.

That's it. There were never going to be any more than that & certainly not 9,000.

It would seem Wednesday acted without their approval & published figures before seeking their ratification.

Don't shoot the messenger. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'm still looking for tickets for myself & 3 other Sheffield based bears.  :depressed:

9 minutes ago, silverbear said:

I'm just off the phone to the Leader of the City Council after contacting her this morning about the possible scenario of fans arriving & locked out, yet empty seats in the ground. I was hoping it may influence the SAG & SY Police's stance.

After contacting 2 senior officials at SY Police the response was they never agreed to 9,000 tickets for away fans, however after the success of the previous game & behaviour of the fans they agreed to an increase of 2,500 of the 4,500 tickets we were allocated last time, taking the total to 7,000 tickets.

That's it. There were never going to be any more than that & certainly not 9,000.

It would seem Wednesday acted without their approval & published figures before seeking their ratification.

Don't shoot the messenger. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'm still looking for tickets for myself & 3 other Sheffield based bears.  :depressed:

Things like this hammer home why Sheffield United have a bigger support and are the bigger club, would never have happened if the match was at Bramall Lane.

5 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Things like this hammer home why Sheffield United have a bigger support and are the bigger club, would never have happened if the match was at Bramall Lane.

ha ha lay of the smack...................ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha comedy 

2 hours ago, RikkiMiller said:

Any ideas where supporters buses are going to be forced to park?

No clue mate, I doubt they'll be parked on Leppings Lane as it has street parking for residents on there. There is a car park and space on Penistone Road (Opposite the Kop) so some coaches may be put there & there's another fairly big car/coach park about 100 yards away in the industrial estate too 

Just had a thought, if you don't get there on your RSC's early enough & if the weather is good, there's an Asda up by the Leppings Lane end, better off mapping it on yer phone or asking a local to point you to it, you could buy beers from there & drink in Hillsborough Park across from the South Stand. It's a big fuck off field so you can't miss it. 

3 minutes ago, The Owl said:

Just had a thought, if you don't get there on your RSC's early enough & if the weather is good, there's an Asda up by the Leppings Lane end, better off mapping it on yer phone or asking a local to point you to it, you could buy beers from there & drink in Hillsborough Park across from the South Stand. It's a big fuck off field so you can't miss it. 

We are leaving Ayr at 5:30am so hopefully we will be there early!

14 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

IMG_1202.JPG

Not got twitter and the SLO probabbly already knows this but can you let him know there's still going to be 1000s of fans travelling with or without a ticket so if SW or the rozzers don't get there finger out there will be Rangers fans dotted all around the stadium.