Have we lost influence in the Scottish game?

Shortly after he became CEO with Celtic, I remember Fergus McCann stating that "Celtic had few friends" in the administration of Scottish football.  I don't think that this is the case these days.  It seems that they have gained so much power in the Scottish game and are using this power in a direct way.  Witness their recent comments on the tax case decision last week:  would a club with little power be so confident in making they response that they did?  Perhaps they are making moving moves in the background to see titles removed.  

This begs the questions:  if Celtic are in the ascendancy in the high offices of the Scottish game, where does that leave us? Why were they able to gain such influence?  What can our club do to assert itself and regain a measure of the power we appear to have lost?

An earlier thread asked us to sum up the past five seasons:  we have lost our confidence, our never, our bite.  Would that a Jock Wallace type figure was at the helm of the board as well as the team.  Do they exist anymore?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tarriers have taken control of influencing matters by years of playing the victim and greeting about our perceived status as the "establishment club".

Years of playing the downtrodden victim to masonic conspiricies within the game and demanding parity and fairness, whilst all the while knowing it was full control and influence that was the REAL end game.

The enforced referee strike was the turning point imo, our clubs struggles only helped push matters along easily for them.

So after decades of claiming bias against their club, the board of that club now wish to ignore previous rulings and demand sanctions happen against our club, you really couldn't make it up but nothing surprises me with this vermin.

Imagine the shoe was on the other foot and our club was out demanding justice against them? Anti-Irish, racist, bigots and so on would be the rhetoric.

Well, when the court proceedings start and people start getting convicted and the cover up of the most heinous crimes are uncovered at that poor downtrodden club, i hope our board come out swinging and demanding justice.

I won't hold my breath though, not with our current custodians.

The kiddy fiddlers aided in no small part by their friends and mercenaries in the corrupt and unbalanced media along with willing conspirators within the ranks of Scottish football and politicians friendly to them have been working for decades to remove Rangers the proud position we once occupied in Scottish football.

Equally much blame can be laid at the feet of many Rangers boards for their continued and mostly continuing policy of "dignified silence" when they should have been retaliating through the courts along with their use of PR which has been unfit for purpose.

Our club is still in danger make no mistakes about that, if the board and the bulk of the fans are complacent then Rangers as many of us remember it will assuredly be a thing of the past. 

Our own fault, too many ours do too much business with too many theirs, it's the auld "he's awright" as long as he's lining ma pockets ! SIR Minty sold the jerseys wae the Billy Boys and Donald Findlay, dr death turned up with his influence in politics and then the tax case jist put the tin lid on it, although to be honest they've consciously set about getting theirs educated in legal, media and law and over the decades, well planned by the way, and it's came to fruition, there still plenty of ours about with clout to at least fight them if only they had the bottle but I won't hold my breath!

image.gif.515015ffcb2cc3acd8791544957dcc98.gif

42 minutes ago, Garry7 said:

The reason is Peter Lawell he has been the main instigator in rangers demise 

Yep - apart from SDM, Craig Whyte and the other board room charlatans - ffs liewell took the opportunity but by fuck he was given it 

46 minutes ago, Garry7 said:

The reason is Peter Lawell he has been the main instigator in rangers demise 

Peter Lawell wishes he had such significance. 

Minty is the main instigator in Rangers' fall from the top ('demise' is a mighty strange word to use...)

5 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Our own fault, too many ours do too much business with too many theirs, it's the auld "he's awright" as long as he's lining ma pockets ! SIR Minty sold the jerseys wae the Billy Boys and Donald Findlay, dr death turned up with his influence in politics and then the tax case jist put the tin lid on it, although to be honest they've consciously set about getting theirs educated in legal, media and law and over the decades, well planned by the way, and it's came to fruition, there still plenty of ours about with clout to at least fight them if only they had the bottle but I won't hold my breath!

image.gif.515015ffcb2cc3acd8791544957dcc98.gif

Very true. I hate that it's become acceptable to be a high-profile supporter of the kiddy fiddlers, but our own shy away from it in the media. 

We've completely lost our way, and to be honest I don't ever see us regaining the control we once had. What I don't get is supporters from other clubs trying to bury us. Surely they see that a competitive Rangers means a more competitive league. Our relegation has seen Scotland lose it's 2nd champions league spot and the league's rating one of the lowest in Europe. That means the dominant club have even less chance of being challenged, as they will continue to qualify for the champions league every other year and make more money in the process than the rest of Scottish football combined...

When Murray came in he was ashamed of our traditions and culture. He made fans feel that to be a Protestant Rangers Fan was a crime, plus stopped The Sunday Orange Parade every year. He wanted to be pals with the media and press. He also was setting up the grass line to get fellow bears jailed for singing big bad songs. He would rather attack fellow bears instead of defending us which was a big mistake. While he was doing this the darkside were happy to tell everyone  they were a catholic club and proud of it.

While all this was going on, the darkside were placing there scum fans in all the top places. They have people in Uefa who fight for them, people in politics who were pulling the strings for them. They now run Scottish Football, also the have scum fans in the press and media who show hatred in our club. While all this was going on, our club sat back, with the good old dignified silence, and allowed them to take over.

There is not a club anywhere in the world like Rangers, and the majority of Scots in our early days considered our club as Protestant, Monarchist tradition and Unionist. Murray tried to makes us ashamed of all that, but the quicker we get back to our club defending us we might get back to the top of Scottish Football. 

Rangers have zero influence these days.

Since i started watching football in the early 70s Rangers  did have but never  in a malicious way. Celtic knew they needed Rangers and vice versa and they worked together behind the scenes.  The height of it was the tarriers believed we got refereeing decisions (even back then)  and were the establishment club however many an OF game notably the Scottish Cup  Finals of 1977 and 1980 proves otherwise.

Fast forward to the present day and the tarriers are running the show. Look at the underhand tactics being used in the last 10 years. Sticking the boot into preparations for the UEFA Cup final, forcing respected referees and officials  out of the game.

The real reason behind Rangers demise, John Reid started the ball rolling. Taking complete control of the media in Scotland and instigating the hate crimes towards Rangers  which have spiralled  out of control. They have got so bitter and twisted now with no one standing up to them they even want years of football matches won and lost erased as if they  didn't actually happen. This is how warped they have become. 

10 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Rangers have zero influence these days.

Since i started watching football in the early 70s Rangers  did have but never  in a malicious way. Celtic knew they needed Rangers and vice versa and they worked together behind the scenes.  The height of it was the tarriers believed we got refereeing decisions (even back then)  and were the establishment club however many an OF game notably the Scottish Cup  Finals of 1977 and 1980 proves otherwise.

Fast forward to the present day and the tarriers are running the show. Look at the underhand tactics being used in the last 10 years. Sticking the boot into preparations for the UEFA Cup final, forcing respected referees and officials  out of the game.

The real reason behind Rangers demise, John Reid started the ball rolling. Taking complete control of the media in Scotland and instigating the hate crimes towards Rangers  which have spiralled  out of control. They have got so bitter and twisted now with no one standing up to them they even want years of football matched won and lost erased as if they  didn't actually happen. This is how warped they have become. 

Absolutely spot on.

The power always lay with Rangers and that lot...... the two most influential clubs in Scotland and rightly so.

Our demotion and financial catastrophe seen to it that we were ripe for the battering - Liewell seen to it that he used two fists. The charlatans, shysters and fuckwits who grappled for their blue pound handed things on a plate to anyone else wanting a go. We were an easy target...

But do you know what - fuck them, fuck them all - it has been such a short time in our history that we can recover our influence quickly and start being that strong voice again.

But the paranoid pish needs to stop, we need to lift our chins as a support and a club and get back to winning leagues and cups as this is the ONLY way we will gain our influence again - a winning, proud mentality, not acting all fucking bruised and battered, responding to every pish stained swipe at us.

We need everyone from our bloggers, our fans to our board to concentrate on being positive, talk openly about our club's history. it's winning ways, the fans from all over the world - the daily winging will get us fucking nowhere...

"No Surrender" is a motto widely used..... let's believe it then

rant over

32 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Very true. I hate that it's become acceptable to be a high-profile supporter of the kiddy fiddlers, but our own shy away from it in the media. 

We've completely lost our way, and to be honest I don't ever see us regaining the control we once had. What I don't get is supporters from other clubs trying to bury us. Surely they see that a competitive Rangers means a more competitive league. Our relegation has seen Scotland lose it's 2nd champions league spot and the league's rating one of the lowest in Europe. That means the dominant club have even less chance of being challenged, as they will continue to qualify for the champions league every other year and make more money in the process than the rest of Scottish football combined...

All self inflicted, and only helped along with the john reids of the world when they saw weakness, the fans of other clubs are full of tarriers and rhepublicans who only go to watch local because they can't afford to travel, that's the battle now as you say ours shy away from media coverage, only a few show their colours whilst theirs revel in it !

image.gif.336c6bdfdea461c5b3ee8e58a68529b4.gif