Have we lost influence in the Scottish game?

2 hours ago, BF1 said:

Would say we have lost some of our influence, but I would say we're only second to the unwashed, our club is too big compered to the other clubs to not be able to exert more influence than them. 

We've only been in the top flight for a season, we'll get more influence as time goes on. Sure once we start doing better in Europe and have a sizeable contribution towards the leagues coefficient we'll get even more influence. 

Oh aye, once we're established in the top flight and playing things will return to normal. 

:justno:

Don't bet on it mate, the political current in Scotland which currently strives to undermine the average Rangers fan's way of life and tried to destroy our football  team will be around for decades to come.

We will not regain our former status until the anti-unionist Labour/SNP/BBC/SFA/media, and the wannabee Oirish, republican sympathising minority population with their hate filled agendas, are stood up to and halted in their ambitions to destroy our culture and history. And that is going to take a hell of a lot of effort

Too many Gers fans still with their heads in the sand thinking we've made it back. We've gained nothing on  the  political front except more unjustified hatred as exemplified by cellic and others wanting to strip titles we won fairly on the field just cause they think they can get away with it.

There is still a long uphill battle to come. Are we ready for it yet ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

See that doesn't really apply here. In most cases I agree with that but this is more an issue of our club allows absolutely everyone to stick the boot in. 

That line now makes me sad 

It's for the The head in the sand brigade or maybe a little song 

Should be binned 

In theory ,we don't care but we has better start caring .We have to or else the shite over last 6 years will continue 

40 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Oh aye, once we're established in the top flight and playing things will return to normal. 

Don't bet on it mate, the political current in Scotland which currently strives to undermine the average Rangers fan's way of life and tried to destroy our football  team will be around for decades to come.

We will not regain our former status until the anti-unionist Labour/SNP/BBC/SFA/media, and the wannabee Oirish, republican sympathising minority population with their hate filled agendas, are stood up to and halted in their ambitions to destroy our culture and history. And that is going to take a hell of a lot of effort

Too many Gers fans still with their heads in the sand thinking we've made it back. We've gained nothing on  the  political front except more unjustified hatred as exemplified by cellic and others wanting to strip titles we won fairly on the field just cause they think they can get away with it.

Things in Scottish football change drastically all the time. Just look at all that has changed over the last 5 years. I see no reason why we cannot be back to our former influence level over the next 5 or so years.

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That line now makes me sad 

It's for the The head in the sand brigade or maybe a little song 

Should be binned 

In theory ,we don't care but we has better start caring .We have to or else the shite over last 6 years will continue 

How much more can we care, we are buying season tickets in record numbers and support our team like no other but it's up to the custodians of our club to stand up to our enemies and provide the materials to shut our detractors up by taking them up on every derogatory comment and by beating them on the pitch, time will tell but I'm already thinking it will take another managerial change before the latter might happen.

59 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Unfortunately I think you are correct, but I hope we are both wrong. 

28 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Look just at how they managed to run a concerted campaign against referees with the explicit intention of getting more favourable decisions from them - and then succeeding.

They have the Kung-fu keeper who continually gets off scot free.

They have Brown who gets rightly sent off, manager says he has no complaints then he wins his appeal :headscratch:.

Remember the outcry when the Ross County player dived? But when it was Guidetti, he slipped.

Remember the outrage at the nugget in our support who gave Sinclair a bit of stick? But when it's one of their PLAYERS abusing Shay Logan, Logan is accused of lying then booed and jeered every time he plays against the bastions of social justice.

Not to mention the ugly wee racist, diving scrotum they have playing up front.

These scumbags have no morals, they will twist and turn every situation to their own benefit and more the fool the rest of Scottish football for letting them take control.

Only in Scotland would the other teams actively attempt to kill off its most successful club. 

But tbh it's been coming for years. Our influence has dropped due to the hatred we have endured for being the most successful but also due to this dignified silence carry on we've adopted for the best part of 20 years. It has allowed those with Rangers hating agendas to walk into positions of power and no-one has batted an eyelid until now. 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Without a doubt bud we are at a crossroads where this country goes, there are a lot of those you mention if they got the power entirely and there is a quite a few have the power albeit they are not the majority would gleefully see us replaced with any handy immigrant that comes to hand as long as they vote snp, you can see this especially in the inner city of Glasgow that is rapidly turning into a ghetto full of them, they despise us and as you say still too many with their heads in the sand being seduced by false dawns that we are back to anywhere to where we need to be. You are correct a massive uphill battle to come in a long and destructive war!

image.gif.b9b307227047401cc2db0fa174dc091a.gif

2 hours ago, MisterC said:

Why can't we all just get along? 

All together now:

I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees
And snow white turtle doves

I'd like to teach the world to sing
"The Billy Boys" in harmony....................

landscape-1451321450-bridgel9867x.gif

They learned from their republican counterparts in NI that you don't have to have right on your side as long as you can influence and/or manipulate the media.  Both the republicans and the Scottish Fenians are masters of the art.   Overall the situation is made worse when you have taigs, who do not hide their allegiance in positions of power in the Scottish media at the BBC and that Fenian toerag Rennie at the Record.  

We have stood back for too long and have too many among our own supporters who let things slide for far too long.   We, IMO, should still be pushing for an inquiry into what BJ or Kelly knew and to what extent was it covered up by the club, questions that have never been answered.  Why has the SFA refused to look into this, what is Liewell's current influence?  

That's why I personally would back a fans group like VB over any of the other self-absorbed wasters, they have not kept silent on this topic.

Our fan groups, like the board, combine to do nothing for the fans with the Cup final being a classic example.  Sure, we get the odd 'reactive' statement but I want a board and a fan group prepared to be proactive and grab the bull by the horns (or the taig by the balls).  

The dehumanisation of Rangers fans & club continues, the silence is deafening.  

5 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

How much more can we care, we are buying season tickets in record numbers and support our team like no other but it's up to the custodians of our club to stand up to our enemies and provide the materials to shut our detractors up by taking them up on every derogatory comment and by beating them on the pitch, time will tell but I'm already thinking it will take another managerial change before the latter might happen.

I'm banging the same drum,every other day mate 

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

They learned from their republican counterparts in NI that you don't have to have right on your side as long as you can influence and/or manipulate the media.  Both the republicans and the Scottish Fenians are masters of the art.   Overall the situation is made worse when you have taigs, who do not hide their allegiance in positions of power in the Scottish media at the BBC and that Fenian toerag Rennie at the Record.  

We have stood back for too long and have too many among our own supporters who let things slide for far too long.   We, IMO, should still be pushing for an inquiry into what BJ or Kelly knew and to what extent was it covered up by the club, questions that have never been answered.  Why has the SFA refused to look into this, what is Liewell's current influence?  

That's why I personally would back a fans group like VB over any of the other self-absorbed wasters, they have not kept silent on this topic.

Our fan groups, like the board, combine to do nothing for the fans with the Cup final being a classic example.  Sure, we get the odd 'reactive' statement but I want a board and a fan group prepared to be proactive and grab the bull by the horns (or the taig by the balls).  

Superb post mate 

Post of the week for me 

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

This:tu:

Lost influence would be an understatement!

The taig infuence is everywhere as their PR machine destroys all in it's wake.

Dignified silence is one thing, but dignified silence when we had successive shysters at the helm is another. Our integrity is non existent and we now have king who is an easy target, so it makes it doubly difficult to push back.

No one wants to listen and it's just ridicule and more demonisation when we do. Everyone has us where they want us. I've said before, we need to paint our own picture, write our own story and not every other cunt doing it for us. I do hope king shocks me and takes the fight to them, because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about. He could show his mettle, unite the fans and lead from the front, so we will see.

7 hours ago, tannerall said:

Fucking depressing, but bang on the money.

46 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

The cynical battle for the hearts and minds of the people of Scotland has divided the nation as the politics of NI are played out here, with SNPiRA poisoning and abusing democracy. We have little to counter it. We don't know  how to. We don't know how to play them at their own game. We don't know how to play down and dirty. The Scottish Tories aren't the answer, as I just have this gut feeling that Ruth would also like to be billy big butch in an indy Scotland. We don't have a DUP to counteract the poison of SNPiRA.

However, in the smaller arena of football, there is us and we can be the force to start making change in our world and infulence the wider population in doing so. The change of the status quo has to start somewhere and we can be the exponent of that change. I have no doubt whatsoever that the scum are well organised at grass roots with their insidious little rhepublican covens, so we need to be as tenacious and much more smarter, so that shouldn't be that hard.

I've spent some part of the day reflecting on the various responses.  Is our time over?  Can it come back?  What needs to be done?  Most responses recall another time, era or context when Rangers were dominant/challenging on the field and dominant off it.  I think that the responses that make most sense recognise that circumstances have changed, that the opposition is much more articulate and savvy than in the past.  "We don't care" is something that merits serious consideration; did we rest on our laurels too much?

When I think of Rangers today, I think of an institution loved by hundreds of thousands the world o'er but one that has lost it's confidence.  I hope that we can recover.  

This is exactly why we should be boycotting away games and spending our money on our own club ONLY, not giving it away to those who want to cause us harm.

All these other clubs besides THEM wanted to cut of their noses to spite their faces, by sending us down the leagues so why on our return should we be giving these clubs money on our return, it makes NO sense.

Its US against the rest of them now more than ever.

Absolutely the dignified silence that went on for years made sure we lost any influence and now we've got the bridge building mob running us it will be a long long time before we get any sort of influence in Scottish football again 

I always think back to a quote from someone on the PUL side across the water, " they were thinking while we were drinking".

We got complacent, expecting things would always remain the way they were for generations. But their chip on the shoulder mentality meant they mobilised and used all their inherent sleekitness to slither into positions of influence.

What has helped them immeasurably has been our financial meltdown, and how much influence they had over that, we'll never truly know. 

Now we're weak and isolated as the rest of Scottish football to their eternal shame have jumped on the tarriers coat tails and let petty jealousy overcome common sense to continue to put the boot in.

I think we'll never get back the influence we once took for granted, let's face it these days it's us against the rest.

On 11/07/2017 at 3:56 PM, BF1 said:

Things in Scottish football change drastically all the time. Just look at all that has changed over the last 5 years. I see no reason why we cannot be back to our former influence level over the next 5 or so years.

Spiteful tarriers are in all high positions, those that are not tarriers are Rangers haters. We will never get a foot back in the door.