Fundraising for a disability vehicle for my mum

stevemac

Evening lads. Sorry if I'm not allowed to post it here, will remove if needed. 

As a few of you know my mum was diagnosed with brain mets a couple of months ago. Well ever since radiotherapy she's been housebound. As we cannot afford to lose the chunk of PIP that would be deducted for a mobility car, I'm hoping to raise £1500 to buy her a used one privately. 

Any donations massively appreciated bears, and if the funds reach £1000, I'll then do a lotto draw for a signed rangers shirt (from the first team in division 3) 

I'll leave the post im sharing on Facebook in here. Thanks so much in advance.

Hi lads. 

Back in April my mum, a nurse of 30+ years, was diagnosed with brain cancer. Since then her Mobility has deteriorated. After a lifetime of giving to others I'm hoping we can give something back to her. 

We want to raise £1500 to buy a cheap Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) so that we can take mum out and about to do shopping, visit friends, go to the beach, do all the things me and you do without a care in the world. But being housebound is a horrible position to be in. With your help, we can Change that.

Any donations are massively appreciated and when goals are reached of £500 and £1000 I'll share videos of a sponsored head shave and a back waxing. 

Thanks in advance, and if you'd like to donate, please click the link below. 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Suemacleodfund

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Small donation from my wife and I. My brother in law has a brain illness and it is difficult for us all. 

Good luck mate. :thumbup:

PS keep bumping this thread rather than ask for it to be pinned, it works better that way IMO.

Thanks lads. Amazing support. watp

I dont get paid until next week (jakey loyal) but I'll fire in a contribution asap. My dads blind so although it's not the same I can empathise, all disabilities have one thing in common; they can make life a hell of a difficult.

3 hours ago, rosco88 said:

I dont get paid until next week (jakey loyal) but I'll fire in a contribution asap. My dads blind so although it's not the same I can empathise, all disabilities have one thing in common; they can make life a hell of a difficult.

Don't worry mate, there's 29 days left for donations. If we do smash the target I'll be donating a large chunk of any extra to my local palliative care unit to fund things like wheelchairs or other equipment. So there's no huge rush. 

All the best to your dad. You are correct, disability's are a bastard, but it puts in perspective all the crap that bothers you when a loved one is suffering something like that.

I appreciate your contribution pal it'll go a long way. Many thanks. WATP