Fundraising for a disability vehicle for my mum

stevemac

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I shall do is when we've reached the 1k mark, I'll write down the names of all the donators, put the names in a hat at work and draw a name and post the shirt out to you if that's the best way of doing it? Ideally it'd want framed but Ill have to leave that up to the winner, I bought the shirt a few years ago and it's sat hanging in the wardrobe ever since. May as well let a bear that wants it have it. I think that's the best way unless someone has a suggestion? 

Cheers lads.

Just now, stevemac said:

What I shall do is when we've reached the 1k mark, I'll write down the names of all the donators, put the names in a hat at work and draw a name and post the shirt out to you if that's the best way of doing it? Ideally it'd want framed but Ill have to leave that up to the winner, I bought the shirt a few years ago and it's sat hanging in the wardrobe ever since. May as well let a bear that wants it have it. I think that's the best way unless someone has a suggestion? 

Cheers lads.

It's a good idea but to make it a wee bit fairer stick in "tiers". As in: 

- if someone donated £5 their name is in the hat once

- if someone donated £10 their name is in the hat twice 

etc etc. So the people who donated more, have a better chance of winning the shirt. 

30 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It's a good idea but to make it a wee bit fairer stick in "tiers". As in: 

- if someone donated £5 their name is in the hat once

- if someone donated £10 their name is in the hat twice 

etc etc. So the people who donated more, have a better chance of winning the shirt. 

My only worry pal is there are a few anonymous donators so I can't really tell who's donated what.

I did think of suggesting if people donated a further £1 but left their name or RM name then I could do it that way, but it seems cheeky to ask twice so that's why I was a bit stuck. But I totally understand your point of whoever has donated more deserves a bigger chance, it's just hard to implement. That said, the amount donated by each user isnt an issue.

Every donation is warmly appreciated and if my mum would allow me to take a picture of her currently crying over the rangers fans on here that has put their hands in their pockets to help out, then I would. She is overjoyed at the moment. That moment in itself is better than anything right now. So thank you all for that too. 

Ok so on the plus side, I've also found I have an old training jersey that's been signed by multiple players - honestly couldn't tell you thw year but I'm guessing anywhere between 2007 - 2011 haha. This will also be auctioned/given away when the target is reached. Apologies I don't have any info on the training shirt, honestly forgot I bought it. But a signature expert may tell who the signatures are.

The home top is definitely our division 3 side and I'm sure the full squad signed it.  Here are the pics for anyone interested :)

54 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Ok so on the plus side, I've also found I have an old training jersey that's been signed by multiple players - honestly couldn't tell you thw year but I'm guessing anywhere between 2007 - 2011 haha. This will also be auctioned/given away when the target is reached. Apologies I don't have any info on the training shirt, honestly forgot I bought it. But a signature expert may tell who the signatures are.

The home top is definitely our division 3 side and I'm sure the full squad signed it.  Here are the pics for anyone interested :)

I think as Mearns Loyal said you could auction these shirts and help with the fund raising. 

I would imagine while some might want to be in a raffle for them most RM members will have donated because they want to help your Mum and you as a family. 

That is just my personal opinion mate and just do what you think is best. :thumbup:

18 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think as Mearns Loyal said you could auction these shirts and help with the fund raising. 

I would imagine while some might want to be in a raffle for them most RM members will have donated because they want to help your Mum and you as a family. 

That is just my personal opinion mate and just do what you think is best. :thumbup:

I've genuinely no idea what people would pay for it to be honest. Seeing as it was probably our worst team ever ? but hey ho. I'll have to look into it. Thanks matey!

10 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

In bed and can't get up to get my wallet for fear of waking my little one, but I'll definitely donate tomorrow mate. Hope you reach your target quickly. All the best to your Mum.

Cheers pal. Yes I wouldn't condone waking the little en up for this! But thanks very much buddy. Much appreciated. 

Hopefully we smash the target and I'll get a picture of my mams reaction to pulling the car up on the driveway. 

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

Cheers pal. Yes I wouldn't condone waking the little en up for this! But thanks very much buddy. Much appreciated. 

Hopefully we smash the target and I'll get a picture of my mams reaction to pulling the car up on the driveway. 

Donation made. Hope you reach your target quickly.