Club 1872 statement on rhecord

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, buster. said:

To be clear, I'm suggesting ONE PERSON (admin/mod on duty or other volunteer) has the task to C&P articles and not having anybody else need to click on the online DR for Rangers news.  

I think that a complete ban would actually mean the DR getting more clicks.

Fuck me swinging,buster; we already have a RM member working right at the coalface of the DR who could give us all the stuff we need, so perhaps we could get The Dude to do that job if that's the route we are going to go down. I personally wouldn't give a fat rats arsehole if we never again heard anything from that rag; and in fact I would prefer if the bunch of lying bitter cunts all were put on the dole and the paper went out of existence..

Good statement. Buying the record or visiting their site provides them with the oxygen they need to spout spurious lies about us.

For those that think boycotts don't work.... they said that about billionaire Mike Ashley and we he caved into our demands eventually.

I salute the effort and support the stance however reckon that if any Rangers fan is still buying that rag they'll never be convinced, which is mind boggling tbh.  

Good statement and it's worth the effort. 

43 minutes ago, buster. said:

Could Rangers Media ban any Daily Record articles appearing on the site ?

Or would one person C&P'ing articles for the site actually mean less clicks for the DR ?

Personally, I think its prudent to keep abreast of what they are saying, without actually posting a link to the article. A C&P would do that effectively.

34 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

it's not the fact folks give it "clicks" it's the fallout on here from the shite they post. So even one person doing this still has the Rekords desired effect...

Folk biting the bait isn't the issue, folk will always hear what was written etc, the paper profits from hits and sales and if we can reduce those via a boycott then  we can harm the DR, id like to see them go bust although  that's unlikely.

Yes it's annoying that folk constantly get wound up by what's written but that's not the reason to boycott

The record may care about winding us up but they care about selling papers more

Decent statement but it won't make much difference, not all supporters frequent forums or social media to read these things not all supporters are responsible for buying it, other family members might buy it.

The only way is for Rangers to make the call for a boycott via a statement or by publicising a boycott in and around Ibrox.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Personally, I think its prudent to keep abreast of what they are saying, without actually posting a link to the article. A C&P would do that effectively.

Agree.

But I think RM backing would be better evidenced by having them available to read and comment on out with the Bears Den. Perhaps a sticky where c&p can go. Folk like me who don't mind commenting on their shite, including the Dudes, can take myself off there if I wish.

1872 are requested the Rhebel is not quoted in our forums and I agree with this sentiment, and would hope we could make the Bears Den Rhebel free. For those that don't even want to know what's in the Rhebel then BD is that place.

I remember when being a football fan was about cheering your team on, now you have to be an accountant, solicitor and aware of the legal landscape around you for fear of arrest if you say/sing something wrong. 

Typical fucking Scotland. Ruin any fun you used to have. 

Fuck the record and Scottish football in general, tired of the tit for tat pish, silence everyone of the cunts by performing on the pitch. 

I'd rather see the forum Rhebel free, they would love to see debates about their articles on here. One solution I suppose, would be a thread for C&P for our eyes only and not open in anyway to non members. Having said that, their employees would sign up just to access said section. Maybe a minimum post count to be able to view it? No matter what, we need to starve the hate filled fuckers.

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

would hope we could make the Bears Den Rhebel free.

Wishful thinking mate, that rag gets spoken about almost as much as our team does on here.

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

silence everyone of the cunts by performing on the pitch. 

This:tu:

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Decent statement but it won't make much difference, not all supporters frequent forums or social media to read these things not all supporters are responsible for buying it, other family members might buy it.

The only way is for Rangers to make the call for a boycott via a statement or by publicising a boycott in and around Ibrox.

Was just about to say this. 

It's a good statement but alot of fans haven't been buying it or giving them hits for a good while now.

An official club boycott is what's needed and finish they lying bastards off for good. 

For those posters who don't like long posts don't bother reading any further.  Just skip over this to the next post.   

They stop talking to the DR because they've reached the end of their tether on trying constructive dialogue and its not produced the results 1872 wanted to see.   So the DR is emboldened to notch up the tension in its articles about Rangers because nobody is going to call them or demand meetings any more, other than if they breach whatever rules are set for newspaper publishing.    1872 might well have played into the hands of DR execs by deciding to stop speaking to them.   The newspaper execs will now know that any tension they had about having to take meetings to face the wrath of 1872 reps face to face means the DR can spice up their articles about Rangers free from any risk that someone from 1872 will come calling to complain and to demand redress.   

The only weapon left in the 1872 armoury is to encourage fans not to buy the DR.   Wonder how many fans will get that message from 1872 though.   And in reality how many will actually stop buying the newspaper or reading it on-line as a result.   I doubt if the buying power of Rangers fans is enough to sway the opinion of the DR if they all immediately stopped buying the newspaper.    

When dialogue fails because one side is believed by other side to be acting unreasonably or unfairly and walks out (as 1872 has done) it leaves the field clear for the other side to take an even bolder approach to writing articles about Rangers that are unreasonable or unfair.  As1872 points out the DR has no duty to be even handed in its reporting.   So expect the tone of articles coming out of the DR to toughen with attempts then made by the DR to use its media influence to wider political effect against Rangers.   Maybe 1872 should have stuck to a campaign of demanding meetings with DR execs whenever offending articles are written or if an 1872 statement is not published by the DR.   1872 could have placed an ad in other newspapers pointing out that the DR had refused to publish the 1872 statement and in so doing take the opportunity to point out that the DR is not reporting fairly or reasonably.   

I don't buy the DR anyway so they have no revenue to lose from me.   

16 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Wishful thinking mate, that rag gets spoken about almost as much as our team does on here.

I know mate but I'm as guilty as others in copy posting articles if I reckon they are having a go or show usual bias. 

I reckon we shouldn't just boycott and then ignore them. We have to know the lies they're peddling to counter them.

But I'd rather the forum mods provided a separate area for them to keep the main Rangers forum rheb free if that was at all possible.

A good statement but no matter what the rags write about us, some so-called supporters will STILL continue to buy it. It's ludicrous.

The blatant lies after the SC semi-final should have stopped them buying it there and then...it didn't. What a job I had to try and convince someone who should know better, to stop buying it. It should have been easy, but some are creatures of habit and some are as thick as the proverbial two short planks.

A good paper many, many years ago. Now? Let it die!

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I haven't bought, read or clicked anything from this rhag for years.  There's is absolutely nothing meaningful it has to say that I can't read about elsewhere first (they copy other msm articles and claim them as 'exclusive' and most of what it does have to say I don't need to know anyway.

I treat the DR the same as I treat Spears, as far as I'm concerned he's a non person to be ignored completely therefore the DR is a non paper, they don't exist.

7 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

1872 could have placed an ad in other newspapers pointing out that the DR had refused to publish the 1872 statement and in so doing take the opportunity to point out that the DR is not reporting fairly or reasonably.   

This would be a blow to the cunts but please not a French translation in a Danish newsrhag sold in Morocco.

The board to issue an official statement and an advert in a rhag :tu::guns:

Good article, but isn't this boycott pointless? (Not sure if pointless isn't the right word)

It isn't Rangers fans that read the DR for the anti-Rangers stories - and keeps the numbers up - it's everyone else?