Club 1872 statement on rhecord

1 hour ago, Ryju84 said:

Good article, but isn't this boycott pointless? (Not sure if pointless isn't the right word)

It isn't Rangers fans that read the DR for the anti-Rangers stories - and keeps the numbers up - it's everyone else?

There are thousands of non rank and file bears that still buy this shite mate 

Construction ,factories etc 

Get the word out there 

It will be called ,another Beggars view in no time 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There might be, can't say I've asked any of them if they have RM logins. 

I've made my feeling clear on boycotts of papers before. I don't think they work (at least not to the extent people think they do). One of the cited examples of how they are dying is falling print sales, which is shown right across the entire industry, but ignores that the bulk of their readership is online now. Although, I've heard for years now that Rangers fans don't read the Record so I struggle to see what a boycott of something Rangers fans already don't read does. 

As Ive said Christ knows how many times, if people want pro-Rangers coverage then support the numerous fantastic blogs, podcasts and websites putting out Rangers content. 

Rangers fans do buy the rebel and in good enough numbers to make a difference. Sites like this can only have a minor impact as they they do not reach the vast majority of fans. Unfortunately nothing will change until the club takes action. Official statement advising fans to boycott the rebel should make Mr Mansi shit his breeks .

2 minutes ago, wombatdropping said:

Rangers fans do buy the rebel and in good enough numbers to make a difference. Sites like this can only have a minor impact as they they do not reach the vast majority of fans. Unfortunately nothing will change until the club takes action. Official statement advising fans to boycott the rebel should make Mr Mansi shit his breeks .

Yes mate .Statement after statement .We need them and i love the club at least making an effort 

Dude is spot on.if our support has already boycotted the daily record (myself included ) the only way we can respond is to starve clubs of our income by not accepting tickets.

but these statements are put out to play to the gallery rather than actually make change.

IMG_4020.thumb.PNG.e01dad3b117579c2c3b9d67b80981d92.PNG

Lets do these cunts!....:bangbang:.

on a serious note I like many others have been saying it for ages Stop Funding the Haters !......nothing but a bunch of bitter downtrodden fenian bastards the lot of them...starve them of finance and the attention they crave and they will soon die off as the hopeless miserable bitter obsessed scum that they are.....

WATP:UK:...

43 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Dude is spot on.if our support has already boycotted the daily record (myself included ) the only way we can respond is to starve clubs of our income by not accepting tickets.

but these statements are put out to play to the gallery rather than actually make change.

But Rangers fans do still buy the record, and fans who post on forums, Twitter etc aren't the norm. Construction workers, office workers etc still buy the rag, if for nothing else out of force of habit.  Plenty of Rangers fans do also read the Record website - The Dude was being a tad facetious about us boycotting the Record altogether. The hysteria from some fans over the pish that's printed by the Record or on the site proves that.

I'm in agreement about an away boycott, but disagree Club 1872 are just throwing toys out of the pram. Their points about the Record are valid, and only hint at the wider issue. 

6 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

But Rangers fans do still buy the record, and fans who post on forums, Twitter etc aren't the norm. Construction workers, office workers etc still buy the rag, if for nothing else out of force of habit.  Plenty of Rangers fans do also read the Record website - The Dude was being a tad facetious about us boycotting the Record altogether. The hysteria from some fans over the pish that's printed by the Record or on the site proves that.

I'm in agreement about an away boycott, but disagree Club 1872 are just throwing toys out of the pram. Their points about the Record are valid, and only hint at the wider issue. 

The points about the record are 100% valid I see unbalanced reporting and I inability to speak about Rangers subjectively.

but let's be fair reporting will always be unbalanced as long as we chastise our own writing for these papers.

its very simple if you don't like it don't buy it but if you want to hurt Scottish football then starve them of cash.

there statement covers no new ground and it reads like they are more disappointed with there statement being coverd than the actual problem 

3 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

The points about the record are 100% valid I see unbalanced reporting and I inability to speak about Rangers subjectively.

but let's be fair reporting will always be unbalanced as long as we chastise our own writing for these papers.

its very simple if you don't like it don't buy it but if you want to hurt Scottish football then starve them of cash.

there statement covers no new ground and it reads like they are more disappointed with there statement being coverd than the actual problem 

Very much the impression I got.

19 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

One major question is why on earth did the rhecord choose to completely ignore the previous 1872 statement.

That is a staggering "journalistic" decision.

And it absolutely stinks.

4 minutes ago, Bears said:

One major question is why on earth did the rhecord choose to completely ignore the previous 1872 statement.

That is a staggering "journalistic" decision.

And it absolutely stinks.

Too busy covering stories on the Scum nonsense.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I should have probably added that a boycott of away grounds next season would be much more impactful than boycotting a paper. Particularly if we're talking about "not funding our haters"

I support my team more than I hate any other. Won't spend another penny there though other than to get in. 

But for me that's entirely separate from the Rhebel rag that our 2nd biggest shareholder has suggested boycotting this one particular rag.

Let's not deflect, mix messages or associate both.

This is about boycotting the Rhebel, one of your paymasters.

I hope every bear here and on every other SM does exactly that until it dies.

The statement is to be applauded, but Murray Foote won't pay any heed to it. Remember this:

Club 1872 recently held a poll of members asking if Rangers fans should buy the Daily Record newspaper following its grossly inaccurate coverage on Rangers fans in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup Final. The result of that poll was that 94% of members felt that Rangers fans should not buy the Daily Record.

Following that poll, and the very strong direct representations of both Rangers and Club 1872, the Daily Record editor, Murray Foote, has now issued an apology regarding this matter.

It is a central pillar of Club 1872 to defend our support in a measured and effective manner and we are pleased to have been able to fulfil that role during this controversial episode. This shows what can be achieved when all parties with Rangers' best interests at heart work together to challenge unfair and misleading media coverage of our club and its fans.

The following statement is being issued by Rangers at the same time as it appears on the Club 1872 website and we are pleased that a long overdue apology has now been made by the Daily Record.

'After having challenged the Daily Record over the veracity of their story 'Cops: Mob Rule Outside Hampden Blocked Us From Getting In to Help' (published on May 26, 2016) Rangers have received an apology from the newspaper's editor.

The Daily Record was hauled over the coals by the newspaper industry watchdog, the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO,) who were scathing in their criticisms of the methods used by the paper.

IPSO ruled the Daily Record failed to corroborate the information they claim they were given via an anonymous email and also found them to be guilty of presenting a 'significantly misleading impression.' The Daily Record also failed to 'demonstrate the accuracy of the serious allegations set out in the article.'

IPSO also stated: 'In circumstances where Rangers supporters were accused of violence towards police, and other anti-social behaviour, the attempts it had made to support the account of an unidentified source it had been unable to verify were not sufficient to demonstrate that care had been taken over the accuracy of the article.'

Rangers and Club 1872 challenged the paper and in a letter to Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson, the editor of the Daily Record admitted the report printed in the edition of May 26 surrounding events in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup final 'should not have been published.'

The editor also wrote: 'In this instance the paper failed to maintain the requisite standards. It was a collective failing for which I apologise unreservedly.''

:sarcasm:

An outright directive from the club, not to buy or view this gutter rag is the only way that these cunts will take any notice. Until then, they'll continue to treat us, C1872 etc with disdain.

Must admit that I checked their paper regularly, 1. because I expected them to be up with our latest signings and 2. I worked in Anderson Quay for may years and tolerated it.

No longer, fuck them, they'vbecome another infested gcc piece of garbage.

8 hours ago, buster. said:

Could Rangers Media ban any Daily Record articles appearing on the site ?

Or would one person C&P'ing articles for the site actually mean less clicks for the DR ?

An all out ban on their stories being posted on RM is the only way to send a message, 1 click is 1 too many imo. 

6 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

An all out ban on their stories being posted on RM is the only way to send a message, 1 click is 1 too many imo. 

It's not going to Happen RM are happy to have the links posted here.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's not going to Happen RM are happy to have the links posted here.

To be fair, when you post a link to the DR - it shows as:

http://www.<No links to this website>

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-announce-pre-season-friendly-10801008

Not quite sure if they can ban the linking completely :unsure: