Club 1872 statement on rhecord

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Record has always been seen as a Rangers newspaper by scum fans who do not buy it anyway .

We can cause lasting damage to this sectarian Jane Hamilton employing newspaper .

Spread the word .

The time for handwringing is over .

11 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Doesnt need to be unified. Just needs to be consensual.  There's more at work than " we hate the DR" .

Though personally I would warn and ban people posting links, and set up a specific "mainstream media" sub forum like the boardroom section.

However that's just my personal opinion. 

That's not a bad but I would think a subsection might have the opposite effect and would actually see more links posted. At least it leaves us with the choice whether or not to visit. 

For now, I reckon people ought to just copy & paste. 

13 hours ago, DennyBlueNose said:

An all out ban on their stories being posted on RM is the only way to send a message, 1 click is 1 too many imo. 

1 click is still better than a thousand. If one person does a C&P here it means those few who want to read it can do so without giving them hits. Maybe a DR shite thread to keep it in one place

6 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

1 click is still better than a thousand. If one person does a C&P here it means those few who want to read it can do so without giving them hits. Maybe a DR shite thread to keep it in one place

I think this would be the best thing as I can imagine bears clicking the link eager to see the story if it's transfer news etc. If one person copy and pastes all the stories under one thread it will stop bears giving them clicks IMO 

7 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

What don't you understand? It's not really about the "clicks" it's about the desired effect their shite has on Rangers supporters. The wind up, the derogatory nature of their articles - one person posts it and 20 pages later folks are still wetting their pants and weeping and wailing. 

The paper has done its job 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

What don't you understand? It's not really about the "clicks" it's about the desired effect their shite has on Rangers supporters. The wind up, the derogatory nature of their articles - one person posts it and 20 pages later folks are still wetting their pants and weeping and wailing. 

I understand perfectly well thank you. It is human nature to read stuff posted about your club, good and bad. Not to mention keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. 

Rangers fans will always read the shite they post but by limiting the clicks it hits their figures and advertising revenue. 

On 2017-7-14 at 3:35 PM, Reformation Bear said:

For those posters who don't like long posts don't bother reading any further.  Just skip over this to the next post.   

They stop talking to the DR because they've reached the end of their tether on trying constructive dialogue and its not produced the results 1872 wanted to see.   So the DR is emboldened to notch up the tension in its articles about Rangers because nobody is going to call them or demand meetings any more, other than if they breach whatever rules are set for newspaper publishing.    1872 might well have played into the hands of DR execs by deciding to stop speaking to them.   The newspaper execs will now know that any tension they had about having to take meetings to face the wrath of 1872 reps face to face means the DR can spice up their articles about Rangers free from any risk that someone from 1872 will come calling to complain and to demand redress.   

The only weapon left in the 1872 armoury is to encourage fans not to buy the DR.   Wonder how many fans will get that message from 1872 though.   And in reality how many will actually stop buying the newspaper or reading it on-line as a result.   I doubt if the buying power of Rangers fans is enough to sway the opinion of the DR if they all immediately stopped buying the newspaper.    

When dialogue fails because one side is believed by other side to be acting unreasonably or unfairly and walks out (as 1872 has done) it leaves the field clear for the other side to take an even bolder approach to writing articles about Rangers that are unreasonable or unfair.  As1872 points out the DR has no duty to be even handed in its reporting.   So expect the tone of articles coming out of the DR to toughen with attempts then made by the DR to use its media influence to wider political effect against Rangers.   Maybe 1872 should have stuck to a campaign of demanding meetings with DR execs whenever offending articles are written or if an 1872 statement is not published by the DR.   1872 could have placed an ad in other newspapers pointing out that the DR had refused to publish the 1872 statement and in so doing take the opportunity to point out that the DR is not reporting fairly or reasonably.   

I don't buy the DR anyway so they have no revenue to lose from me.   

Good Post :tu:

How far will Club 1872 take this boycott?

Is it a ban on buying the paper only or does that ban come with other restrictions i.e

Will fans with news agencies stop selling it in their shops?

Will Fans who do business adverts use a different paper for there adverts?

Will SOS be camped outside the DR with Banners like they did with SD?

Will journalists be taken to court for brand damage effecting our share price?

Will club 1872 be contacting the owner and investors of the paper?

Will MP's give their voices to the boycott of a labour paper?

Will L5 be more vigilant on negative stories?

Will the club contact the relevant people to complain?

Will the Rangers stars stop ghost writing or giving interviews?

The boycott worked on SD because of the level, and intensity,SOS  went about it. It went to the point it affected SD's share price and SD investors wanted answers. 

Ffs, this is a complete no brainer...... Every Rangers fan should have been boycotting this paper, and every other Scottish tabloid for the last 5 years at least, personally I haven't bought any of the comics in 15 years. The problem is many, many Rangers fans buy, click and share this shit. The issue is no longer the newspapers, but the thickos in our own support, when will they fucking learn man.

22 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't neccesarily think it's complacency. A look at the responses to my stuff for them would have you believe it was an "anti-celtic/pro-rangers" paper

It's just second nature for tims to see plotting against them everywhere and complain like hell about the least little thing. I think the truth is our side from top to bottom has been complacent if you look at where the 2 clubs were relative to each other say 30 years ago and where they are now we have obviously let ourselves fall far behind  

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

It's just second nature for tims to see plotting against them everywhere and complain like hell about the least little thing. I think the truth is our side from top to bottom has been complacent if you look at where the 2 clubs were relative to each other say 30 years ago and where they are now we have obviously let ourselves fall far behind  

I agree the dignified silence damaged the club.

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

It's also the damage it does to the Rangers brand, which will effect the share price, new investors, and players thinking about joining the club. The affect on fans is only part of it. 

13 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

I read on twitter that Bomber has just done an interview with them

Surely not - just days after the 1872 statement?

Some of our ex players will take money from anybody..Show us the deeds Bomber is yet another with flexible motives and actions when it comes down to £££'s and pence..Very disappointing..

48 minutes ago, mabawsa said:

Get this shit out of here until it  becomes a Rhebel article. THEN we can have it posted......

Some of our own fans are as big a problem as the record. Morons posting videos and photos online that are being used by the media to have a dig at us( union bears end of season,famine song under the bridge,whinhill ect). These haters are trolling our sites and it's time some of our fans wisened up.

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Some of our own fans are as big a problem as the record. Morons posting videos and photos online that are being used by the media to have a dig at us( union bears end of season,famine song under the bridge,whinhill ect). These haters are trolling our sites and it's time some of our fans wisened up.

Agree to an extent ie the bogs getting trashed at the tattie field.

But flute music is not sectarian. Under the bridge is not a Rangers issue. EBTs were legal. Mo Johnstone wasn't our first Catholic. We never blocked the fleet of advancing police vehicles at Hampden.  There is not even a "banned" song list.

So yes, whilst at times out fans can be inept in a social media sense, don't be under any illusion, this is a media campaign against our society which the club is a mere part of. The onslaught against the OO is the latest phase.

We MUST challenge at every opportunity. 

And mustn't give an inch in accepting fault or blame where there is none (particularly in the eyes of the law)

Good statement from them and dare I say it they seem to be getting their house in order recently (Club 1872)

We need an extra push in terms of a directive from the club to back a boycott of all things Daily Record that would go a long way. 

We are not paranoid Protestantd regardless of what one wee balloon on here says - the proof is out there and in front of everyone's faces but it's not just the Record it's Scotland as a whole nation. 

Ralph Topping's interview the other day was telling too saying recently the SPFL members barking at their lawyers across 4 meetings trying to get us title stripped. That shows the extent of what we are up against.