Linfield v them

12 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Just as expected Ingo , victim yet again ffs , fuckpig bastards 

Brendan Rodgers revealed his concern about Leigh Griffiths' safety after the Celtic striker had missiles thrown at him during the 2-0 Champions League qualifying win over Linfield at Windsor Park.

Celtic had refused their ticket allocation for the first leg of the second qualifier in Belfast due to security fears.

However, there were around 300 Hoops fans in the Kop stand, set aside for them in a half-full stadium, to see Scott Sinclair head the visitors ahead in the 17th minute before midfielder Tom Rogic made it 2-0 five minutes later

A missile was aimed at Griffiths after he had set up the opener with a corner and - in the second half - he was booked by Spanish referee Alejandro Hernandez for presumably taking his time at a corner when objects came his way.

The Scotland international was soon replaced by Moussa Dembele with Jonny Hayes replacing James Forrest to make his debut and the former Aberdeen winger also had missiles launched at him when he took over corner-kick duties. There was more bad feeling at the end of the match when Griffiths came back on to tie a Celtic scarf to a goal post.

Asked about concerns over Griffiths' safety, Rodgers said: "I didn't quite see what it actually was but if that is the case then of course there is always a worry.

"But I didn't see or haven't heard anything as of yet as to what was thrown on, I could only see it from the dug-out.

"It was maybe a bottle of some sort, but anything, whether it's a coin or a bottle or whatever, shouldn't happen.

"Players go on to the field and it should be a safe environment for them.

Linfield will most likely face a UEFA probe but manager David Healy, who thought his part-time side were "excellent considering the quality of opposition we were playing against", claimed not to have seen any missiles thrown at Celtic players.

The former Rangers striker said: "I don't think it was always going to happen. I think a lot of people in the media were making a big deal out of it.

"Linfield as a club have made giant strides over the years to try to cut that shouting and abuse out but you get that in Old Firm games, you get that in Manchester derbies, you are always going to get a ferocious red-hot atmosphere.

"Our fans back us - back the players and me - through thick and thin and hopefully they'll continue to do that throughout the season."

:britney:  :wanker:

That comment was put there as if it was an everyday occurrence and that was something that he should be doing! If that's not inciting trouble then I give up

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, jintybear said:

That comment was put there as if it was an everyday occurrence and that was something that he should be doing! If that's not inciting trouble then I give up

He got away with it the first time so there's no reason for him not to do it again,

Their players are untouchable.

16 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

He got away with it the first time so there's no reason for him not to do it again,

Their players are untouchable.

He's a joke. In fact the whole club is a revolting mess, every time I see Brenda he gives me the boak. I really hope we get our act together and show these bastards up for the pish that they are

All joking aside the thumb must be an absolute backward moron or a very bitter twisted character. Under the circumstances its beyond belief he will get away with this but he will. If this is not nailed on the head he will cause a riot the next time it happens. Police Scotland will need to step in and warn them of this however i doubt they will.

Their fans and now players can offend and do as they like yet the authorities and media concern themselves with what Rangers fans might be singing. :hmmm:

2 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Bruno - please please please boot this wee jakey cunt 20 feet in the air.

Thanks.

That clip should be sent to UEFA to build the case against the wee rat, clearly inciting trouble.

Ironic that a video from their own fans can get him in bother.

8 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

I take it NI don't have a drinking ban at football games?

Drinking is banned, but the security searches at Windsor tend to fall under the "lax" category. Unless of course you're under 12 and carrying a carton of Ribena then they are all over you. :wanker:

10 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Drinking is banned, but the security searches at Windsor tend to fall under the "lax" category. Unless of course you're under 12 and carrying a carton of Ribena then they are all over you. :wanker:

you can still get a pint at half time tho cant you? the bar at the oval opens all the way thro the game. 

6 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

You know more about it than me then! But you probably need a feed of pints to enjoy Irish League football.

i used to go all the time when i was a kid, the last time i was at a derby was a few year back and i just sat in the bar.

11 hours ago, bluedylan said:

this is the potential trouble Griffiths started

Will bet my last penny that there is no mention of the incitement in any newspaper in Scotland.
This fuckin racist needs a charge of incitement to violence brought against him, before he causes a full scale riot,while he hides away.