Marseille at Ibrox - 22nd July

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Got to make money somehow after European debacle , friendlies are complete shite

Agreed on both points.  I feel sorry for their fans and players because they wouldn't know about the bribery.  They had a great team to be fair.    Choosing them to play is probably not the wisest move by RFC.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Agreed on both points.  I feel sorry for their fans and players because they wouldn't know about the bribery.  They had a great team to be fair.    Choosing them to play is probably not the wisest move by RFC.

Wisest move and RFC, are words that don't go together?

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

People complaining about the level of opposition we've been playing then complaining when the board when they announce a high level tie against a top European side like this. Embarrassing. Support your club or f*ck off!

No one is complaining about the level of their club just the fact they're cheating scum

7 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

People complaining about the level of opposition we've been playing then complaining when the board announce a high level tie against a top European side like this. Embarrassing. Support your club or f*ck off!

That is NOT what people are complaining about.

Complaining about whether other clubs are cheating scum after all we've just had to go through isn't going to make us look very grown up at all. The supporters of clubs, and most of their players, are mostly honest decent people and no group of support deserve to be painted with the same brush as groups of criminal types who cheat or devalue the good name of any club. Rangers have organised a name brand European team we have a history with. I'd credit our fine club for their hard work before I attacked and undermined Rangers.

Just now, saintbob1969 said:

Complaining about whether other clubs are cheating scum after all we've just had to go through isn't going to make us look very grown up at all. The supporters of clubs, and most of their players, are mostly honest decent people and no group of support deserve to be painted with the same brush as groups of criminal types who cheat or devalue the good name of any club. Rangers have organised a name brand European team we have a history with. I'd credit our fine club for their hard work before I attacked and undermined Rangers.

You are still talking about Marseille yeah?

5 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

I suspect a lot of the people complaining weren't alive in 92 never mind watched the matches live.

Tapie - twat.

Murray - twat.

Lets just enjoy some fitba.

Of all the clubs out there our board bring in these cheating scumbags. Different people but the same club. To think they get called Rangers men yet they can come up with a 'friendly' against a team that cheated us out of the chance of a Champions League final. Wankers   

I know there were many accusations, disappointments, and questionable issues with that European run, we could have made it easier by defeating CSKA Moscow and we should have beaten Marseille. Hatelys claims to have been offered money, Marseilles getting done afterwards: all of that makes it a controversial but also very interesting tie. They will be our guests so I'd say I'd reserve the 'scum' tag for certain other teams. Its money coming to our club and it should be a great challenge. 

47 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

I know there were many accusations, disappointments, and questionable issues with that European run, we could have made it easier by defeating CSKA Moscow and we should have beaten Marseille. Hatelys claims to have been offered money, Marseilles getting done afterwards: all of that makes it a controversial but also very interesting tie. They will be our guests so I'd say I'd reserve the 'scum' tag for certain other teams. Its money coming to our club and it should be a great challenge. 

The present mob are no doubt a different lot but if someone cheated you and cost you big time would you not still think of them poorly even if they claimed to have turned a new leaf. It makes no difference as they still fucked us over big time. They beat that Moscow lot 6-0 or something and with all the rest of it like you mention its probable that we have been done out of a final. We will probably never have that opportunity again in my lifetime with the way football is going. So I do have a certain amount of ill-will towards that club. The only thing that lessens the anger is time and that they were a class side and probably capable of winning it without match fixing but the fact remains that we could have won a European Cup that year. Imagine the difference that would have made to all our memories and the club's history. Even in the future it could impact as there has been discussions about awarding former winners extra opportunities to play in the CL and no doubt it helps to have won it recently in terms of invites to money making tournaments abroad. To have won the first one would have been a serious achievement. Even reaching the final would have been a great memory. I'm surprised you give a fuck about them. They shouldn't be guests of ours when they tried to pay our players to be injured and whatever they done with CSKA Moscow. Its like inviting someone into your home for dinner who robbed you. Would be weird being a director and welcoming this lot to the stadium after they tried to bribe one of our players let alone all the other match rigging.

1 hour ago, saintbob1969 said:

People complaining about the level of opposition we've been playing then complaining when the board announce a high level tie against a top European side like this. Embarrassing. Support your club or f*ck off!

You fuck off.

I've supported Our Club for over 57 years but there's no need to INVITE these cheating bassas back to Our Club.