Andy Halliday refuses to 'huddle' with Gabala team-mates

Marky.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Not good enough for where we want to be but the OP wasn't about the guys ability as a footballer.  

and the OP premise was incorrect. If Halliday was being as staunch as fuck and standing up for a principle, he would not have been in the "ring" pathetically huddled but with his hands behind his back. He should have taken no part in it at all.

Halliday and huddles are the fucking last thing we ever need to hear about. The former being a rank player, never to return and the latter being the practice of our number one haters, far less the story not being exactly true about someone being staunch.

10 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

And as mentioned, same cunts hate Barry ferguson, I honestly can't work that out ? Aye made a few mistakes, I know I have and don't know any cunt that hasn't, he was sold rather than leave for Blackburn and Souness was the deciding factor in that, same as Hutton being punted to spurs, but that second time, again he never wanted to leave, and strolled the premier league for years with Birmingham and Blackpool, the boy was an absolute class act on the pitch and loved getting one over the taigs, that shouldn't be forgotten 

I remember some fans being unhappy when Amo was stripped of the captaincy and it was given to Bazza, and viewed Ferguson as guilty by association, for lack of a better term, when Advocaat was trying to push players like Amo, Albertz, Kanchelskis and Tugay out. No idea if that resentment lingered years later or not, but still. (And I know that in the days of the Dutch clique vs. everyone else, Bazza seems to have been one of the few that kept the team together, along with Amo and Numan; the players Advocaat was pushing out didn't seem to have any issue with him, and I'm sure Bazza said that Amo was professional with him over the captaincy issue.)

I wasn't Barry's biggest fan when he was with us. I didn't think he was a bad player, there were just times when I didn't like his attitude. There was also an element of my dad going on about Barry being the best player we'd produced in decades and me, as a youngster, just disagreeing with my dad. As a player he gave his all.

I don't care for him as a pundit though, mostly because he's one of the pals of McInnes pushing for him to get the manager's position, and I think McInnes has been overrated to high heaven by his pals in the media. Barry included. 

2 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I remember some fans being unhappy when Amo was stripped of the captaincy and it was given to Bazza, and viewed Ferguson as guilty by association, for lack of a better term, when Advocaat was trying to push players like Amo, Albertz, Kanchelskis and Tugay out. No idea if that resentment lingered years later or not, but still. (And I know that in the days of the Dutch clique vs. everyone else, Bazza seems to have been one of the few that kept the team together, along with Amo and Numan; the players Advocaat was pushing out didn't seem to have any issue with him, and I'm sure Bazza said that Amo was professional with him over the captaincy issue.)

I wasn't Barry's biggest fan when he was with us. I didn't think he was a bad player, there were just times when I didn't like his attitude. There was also an element of my dad going on about Barry being the best player we'd produced in decades and me, as a youngster, just disagreeing with my dad. As a player he gave his all.

I don't care for him as a pundit though, mostly because he's one of the pals of McInnes pushing for him to get the manager's position, and I think McInnes has been overrated to high heaven by his pals in the media. Barry included. 

Barry was a decent player. Very comfortable on the ball, but he was big headed and divisive. For all he was talented, he wasn't given the nickname "Barry back the way" for no reason. 

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

and the OP premise was incorrect. If Halliday was being as staunch as fuck and standing up for a principle, he would not have been in the "ring" pathetically huddled but with his hands behind his back. He should have taken no part in it at all.

Halliday and huddles are the fucking last thing we ever need to hear about. The former being a rank player, never to return and the latter being the practice of our number one haters, far less the story not being exactly true about someone being staunch.

and the OP premise was incorrect.

Incorrect or not, why the need to have a wee dig at a guy who loves the club but ultimately not the standard needed.

Who needs fuckin enemies.

Out. :tu: 

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

and the OP premise was incorrect.

Incorrect or not, why the need to have a wee dig at a guy who loves the club but ultimately not the standard needed.

Who needs fuckin enemies.

Out. :tu: 

My dig is at the OP, but don't let the facts stand in the way of a good story.

Jesus wept, we are not in a good place and yet some continually and unwittingly set the guy up for a fall. As much as he may have loved the club, he is no hero and hardly worth a mention. If he wanted to be staunch as fuck, he should have done it on the park. He is of the past and not a memorable one at that.

Yes it's fucking emabarassing and as you say, who needs fucking enemies.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Best Scottish midfielder of his generation by a country mile. Up there with the best in Europe on his day.

That comment has probably came from some daft wee fanny that's too young to actually remember Ferguson playing for us.

Or only remember the tail end of his time with us. 

Fucking idiotic comment by whoever that was.

He's the new Lee McCulloch, he could come back next season and score the winner at the We Fuck Kids Arena and folk would still slate him for last season and find reasons to abuse him.

The guy has fucked off into obscurity to keep playing football rather than sitting in the stand taking a wage(which would also have been a reason for the wee divas on here to slate him). Give him a break.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Or only remember the tail end of his time with us. 

Fucking idiotic comment by whoever that was.

4 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Best Scottish midfielder of his generation by a country mile. Up there with the best in Europe on his day.

That comment has probably came from some daft wee fanny that's too young to actually remember Ferguson playing for us.

Was an older guy, I suspected from his Twitter.

He's not good enough to play for Rangers at the top level, the championship was his level. He got the chance of  ta lifetimeo join the club he loves, was he supposed to knock it back?

I can't understand the abuse a proper bluenose gets when a clown like Taverner gets worshipped by some. Now there is a guy who isn't good enough and never will be.

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Barry Ferguson being, or coming across as, a ned is pish as well.

He was a hero of mine when I was younger and I was gutted when he left on both occasions. I wouldn't say he comes across as a ned as but when I've met him he does seem like a bit an arse and unbelievably arrogant.

Doesn't change the fact that he was an incredible player for us though.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He was a hero of mine when I was younger and I was gutted when he left on both occasions. I wouldn't say he comes across as a ned as but when I've met him he does seem like a bit an arse and unbelievably arrogant.

Doesn't change the fact that he was an incredible player for us though.

Haven't met him, so can't comment on how he seems in person.

Just in terms of when he's interviewed though, seems like a broad, rawish, but fairly typical working class West of Scotland kind of guy, but not neddish. If that counts as neddish then half of the folk that go to Ibrox every second week are neddish as well.

But yeah, fantastic player for us regardless.

What the fuck does it matter what a person is like when you meet him anyway. As long as they can play couldn't give a fuck. And they might come across a bit off because they don't like you. As Alan Shearer is alleged to have said once to Glenn Hoddle, have you ever thought it might be you that is the problem.

6 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

What the fuck does it matter what a person is like when you meet him anyway. As long as they can play couldn't give a fuck. And they might come across a bit off because they don't like you. As Alan Shearer is alleged to have said once to Glenn Hoddle, have you ever thought it might be you that is the problem.

Alan Shearer is meant to be an utter cock to meet aswell

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Alan Shearer is meant to be an utter cock to meet aswell

They nearly all are in my experience which is why I ignore everything but what they do on the park. 30 years ago you could drink with them but the lives of fans and players today are poles apart.