Andy Halliday refuses to 'huddle' with Gabala team-mates

Marky.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, OneDavidCooper said:

Now that sort of attitude by players is plain wrong.

I know mate, think it was around the time he had a hand injury he pointed to it and said no autographs, my mum wasn't best pleased and she said to him aye well you've got 2 fucking hands, Allan McGregor told him to stop being a wank and just sign my book but he walked away. I was gutted.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

What the fuck does it matter what a person is like when you meet him anyway. As long as they can play couldn't give a fuck. And they might come across a bit off because they don't like you. As Alan Shearer is alleged to have said once to Glenn Hoddle, have you ever thought it might be you that is the problem.

Several others I know have met Barry and said the same about him. Totally agree with your point though, I couldn't care less what their attitude is off the pitch as long as they perform when they're on it.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I know mate, think it was around the time he had a hand injury he pointed to it and said no autographs, my mum wasn't best pleased and she said to him aye well you've got 2 fucking hands, Allan McGregor told him to stop being a wank and just sign my book but he walked away. I was gutted.

Not good.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I missed the bus home from a champions league game when McLeish was our manager, think it was the Artmedia Bratislava game, and while I was waiting on my lift I went and stood out at the front of the stadium. Several other players came out and signed some things or spoke away to the people that were waiting outside but Ferguson had a look outside a couple of times and as soon as he seen there was still people waiting he would turn back in and close the door.

I don't think he really enjoyed that side of things at all. Alan Hutton on the other hand is probably one of the most down to earth footballers I've ever met.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I missed the bus home from a champions league game when McLeish was our manager, think it was the Artmedia Bratislava game, and while I was waiting on my lift I went and stood out at the front of the stadium. Several other players came out and signed some things or spoke away to the people that were waiting outside but Ferguson had a look outside a couple of times and as soon as he seen there was still people waiting he would turn back in and close the door.

I don't think he really enjoyed that side of things at all. Alan Hutton on the other hand is probably one of the most down to earth footballers I've ever met.

I remember Diouf used to get his car to drive inside the gates of the stadium to pick him up and he wouldn't sign anything

Alan Hutton was always great when I met him, Kirk Broadfoot and Alex Rae too, my da parked next to him once and he got out and had a chat with us, talking about how he thought we should sign Graham Dorrans and that he tried to sign him while he was managing Dundee. :lol:

On 15/07/2017 at 4:10 PM, Ger_onimo said:

They didn't invent huddles ffs

My thoughts exactly. I was taking part huddles at football and rugby way before Celtic first ever did it. Let's not help them create another myth about the horrible brand celtic are!

Had my top signed by the whole team when I was younger up at Murray park. Had Ferguson 6 on the back and the skipper signed the number and spoke to me and my uncle for about 10 mins. He was a gentleman when I met him

18 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Had my top signed by the whole team when I was younger up at Murray park. Had Ferguson 6 on the back and the skipper signed the number and spoke to me and my uncle for about 10 mins. He was a gentleman when I met him

Barry was a wonderfully talented player for us when he first came through.  What I would give for a player like that now to take control of our midfield and boss games.

39 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Barry was a wonderfully talented player for us when he first came through.  What I would give for a player like that now to take control of our midfield and boss games.

That around 2003, before he went to Blackburn. I was about 9 I think when he came on against D Utd at hampden and the anticipation and reception was like nothing I've heard for a player coming on as a sub. Easily the best Scottish player to play in this country for about 25/30 years, imo. 

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Several others I know have met Barry and said the same about him. Totally agree with your point though, I couldn't care less what their attitude is off the pitch as long as they perform when they're on it.

met him twice and was a total prick both times, once was inside the dressing room at an away match in Europe, so not exactly a lot of fans around.  Around the same time, met Amo, Porrini, GVB, Durie, Albertz, Vidmar and others who were all brand new.  Only odd one was Negri - he seemed scared - an odd chap indeed.  Albertz Glasgow accent was brilliant  

19 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Childish as fuck to be honest, he's hardly going to endear himself to his new teammates if they're trying to gee each other up before a game and he's standing there looking awkward with his hands behind his back.

It's no like they're asking him to bless himself

Aye but that could have been next! I mean if he did the huddle as asked then next week he could be asked to bless himself then chapel then, well it doesn't really bear thinking about.

No he was probably right to stand his ground.

:mutley:

35 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

met him twice and was a total prick both times, once was inside the dressing room at an away match in Europe, so not exactly a lot of fans around.  Around the same time, met Amo, Porrini, GVB, Durie, Albertz, Vidmar and others who were all brand new.  Only odd one was Negri - he seemed scared - an odd chap indeed.  Albertz Glasgow accent was brilliant  

Negri does seem like a strange guy. He was almost anti social when he was with us as far as I've been told, then he fell off the face of the earth and since he returned he's the happiest guy alive :lol:

Spoke to an ex player about how Barry came accross when meeting fans. He said for people like Ferguson he can't go to the local shop, supermarket , couldn't go out in town without getting stopped every few minutes by fans. It was the only way he could deal with it , and it may have come accross harsh at times on fans.

Met Barry and Craig moore in the Garage in glasgow. They came and sat at our table, was meant to be reserved for them but moore said we were fine to stay. Moore was a really nice guy and  bought everyone drinks.

Ferguson was steaming drunk, drinking Orange Barcadi Breezers  (Staunch) and kept saying how his Mrs would be raging if she knew he was in there. Was a bit of a ned and had no time for anyone trying to speak to him.

Seen him another time outside Mr Smith on Byers road he was going in to by Pants ??

3rd time was in Tesco in Blackpool, he was with his wee boys buying these massive purple/pink Elephants. Random.

I thought Andy Halliday was excellent in the Championship.

He was disappointing last season but, like many, I think he lost his way, lost confidence.

I didn't like some of his histrionics but I have nothing against him as a lad, he is clearly a Rangers fan and if whilst on loan he gets back some of his old confidence then I'd not be adverse to him having another crack with us.

Either way, I'm not sure why he gets the abuse he does but then lots of views mystify me. The hostility to Kenny Miller staggers me.

On 2017-7-16 at 0:00 PM, Blue Avenger said:

My dig is at the OP, but don't let the facts stand in the way of a good story.

Jesus wept, we are not in a good place and yet some continually and unwittingly set the guy up for a fall. As much as he may have loved the club, he is no hero and hardly worth a mention. If he wanted to be staunch as fuck, he should have done it on the park. He is of the past and not a memorable one at that.

Yes it's fucking emabarassing and as you say, who needs fucking enemies.

Andy Halliday scoring at the Copland Road wearing the captains armband for Rangers

JS100211588.jpg

Hero

47 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Jealousy absolutely ripping out of cunts in here.

Lived our dream and unfortunately wasn't up to standard last season. I'd love for him to come back and prove us all wrong.

One of our own. :tu:

We all would but he won't. I'd love for us to have a team full of players that are Rangers fans but unfortunately not all of them are good enough for us and Andy falls into that category.

I don't think it's jealousy for people to point this out.

Is Andy good enough for Rangers? No.

Does he get it tight from jealous cunts and fenians on here? without a doubt.

The l'm only slating him cause he's shit crew are at him every fucking thread and it says more about them than it does Andy.

Hope it works out for him wherever he ends up?