Atakayi

We haven't had a decent youth side in about a decade, and where are those players now?? Any decent players get snapped up by bigger English teams, I would like to see more of the younger players get a chance but if the majority of them are not good enough then why bother? Hopefully with the new DoF role we might see it, but not holding my breath about it.

14 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

Do people who watch the youths rate this lad? I remember when he signed there was a lot of positive noises about him and how he might turn out. I think hes a winger but I might be wrong, hes 18 now and if he is a wide player maybe hes worth a shot.

If he was at Hibs, Heart, Aberdeen etc he would be playing regularly and be worth about a million....

As we've seen Pedro don't mind using the youth and think he made the bench once at the end of the season? If he's good enough than the manager will use him IMO but looks like we will probably sign walker who plays same position? 

1 hour ago, Ted E Bayer said:

If he was at Hibs, Heart, Aberdeen etc he would be playing regularly and be worth about a million....

Good point. Young Fraser Murray who lives near me made his Hibs debut yesterday , scored one and won MOM. He is 18 , just finished this year going to Bannermann High in Baillieston (same school G. Dorrans went too). Used to see him occasionally with his Rangers colours until he went to Hibs. 

He is quick and very direct he has plenty of potential but needs to stick in and keep going. I personally don't think he is ready for the first team just yet. He does have the ability to make it with us from what I have seen. He doesn't give defenders a moments peace hoping he kicks on this season for the 20s. 

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

As we've seen Pedro don't mind using the youth and think he made the bench once at the end of the season? If he's good enough than the manager will use him IMO but looks like we will probably sign walker who plays same position? 

I think Pedro used the youths to make clear to the likes of Kiernan, Forrester, Halliday etc that they had no future.

Now he needs to steady the ship and get wins. He needs 1st team ready players in the 1st team. Now's not the time for blooding youngsters unless they are absolutely ready.

I hope we get all our new signings match fit and playing, manage to bring in a few more like Walker as you say, and hopefully challenge well and strengthen further in the Jan window replacing those who aren't performing well enough.

I think I do mind seeing him on the bench towards end of last season, I know its too early to judge but Dalcio so far doesn't look like the standard we need, if this boy is as fast as some say and he can cross a ball then hes worth a shot. Try him out in the freindlies at least. 

Aye, he's fantastic - just like the rest of them.  They should all be in the first team because Scotland produces a fantastic conveyor belt of talent. The coaching they receive and the dedication they all have is second to none 

why we need to buy players is beyond me - get em in, I say 

deansy - secretary of the Sarcastic Loyal RSC 

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Aye, he's fantastic - just like the rest of them.  They should all be in the first team because Scotland produces a fantastic conveyor belt of talent. The coaching they receive and the dedication they all have is second to none 

why we need to buy players is beyond me - get em in, I say 

deansy - secretary of the Sarcastic Loyal RSC 

He's not Scottish mate ?