Should we copy chelsea?

That's nearly as bad as the John Barnes, 4 2 2 2 I would like to see us play with 4 at the back, with a defensive midfielder 2 central and an attacking midfielder linking with 2 up top. We need a solid defensive formation to build on, back to basics for me :thumbsup:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

That's nearly as bad as the John Barnes, 4 2 2 2 I would like to see us play with 4 at the back, with a defensive midfielder 2 central and an attacking midfielder linking with 2 up top. We need a solid defensive formation to build on, back to basics for me :thumbsup:

Then we would lack width, our 2 centre mids woild be dragged wider as well 

7 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Then we would lack width, our 2 centre mids woild be dragged wider as well 

I know, that's what I think we have been guilty of is being too keen to get wide. It leaves us open in the middle, when we have 2 supposed wide attackers with attacking full backs then when it breaks down we are left with fewer bodies in the middle and teams play through us. I would like to see the full backs being more defensive rather than wing backs. We would be more compact if we played with one holding midfielder ( against Progress ) we played with 2 and any time they got the ball they kept turning it inside and attacked through the middle as our wide players were out of position. Personally I prefer the old 4 4 2 but I know that's a bit old fashioned so a diamond shape was how I would like to see it.

I'd prefer us to play a 4-1-3-2 formation, with the full backs acting as wing backs, box to box players, when we've got the ball, yet full backs when the opposition have the ball. The CDM, is there in the middle of defence if our opposition is relying on fast counter attacking football.

I don't know where, or how, all these new players are going to play. Some of them may not play in, what they believe to be, their favoured position. I know lots of Rangers players in the past who have had to change their position to get a game each week, then make that position their own. Sandy Jardine, is one that comes to mind, although he did extra sprint training to be able to keep tabs on fast wingers during his career. Alex Miller is another who changed from being a forward to left back, or whatever other position he played at the time. Those are just two I can think of, off the top of my head, but there must be more who've had to change position to get game time, then made that position their own.??

2 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

We should copy Chelsea and get a multi billionaire owner who's prepared to spend over a billion on players and stadium improvement in just 14 years. 

I was living in London when Roman started his empire and went to watch Chelsea regularly and at the time was dubious and was raging Ken Bates sold out (how wrong was I) as I like many thought it was just a play thing that he'd get bored with, but he's more than shown he's a football man with Chelsea at his heart and even if he was to walk away now he's left a trust with over half a billion to make sure it continues in the same way, but seriously it would take a cumt with as much money to even attempt to take the club over anyway, with a worth of £1.5 billion on the stock market. 

Unfortunately we had our last hay day in an era when we had more money than the majority of clubs throughout Europe because it was generated through fan base and ours can not be rivalled, but our FA chose setanta over sky at the point when we were most marketable and at my age now I honestly can't see the tables turning, we can still overtake the fenians, and as history shows these things go in cycles but we will never compete on a European level purely because Scotland is a footballing backwater filled with hate that absolutely no cunt cares about. 

7 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

"well what do you think Premier league winners Chelsea are?"

A no mark club with no history who are now a billionaires plaything with tourist fans and don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Rangers FC 

@BEE prime example.

11 hours ago, CooperSF said:

I thought from the initial title the writer was suggesting us buying young talent and then selling on (with a respectable 'buy-back' clause written in for a few years down the line).

I thought he was talking about getting bought over by an oil-rich Russian  billionaire.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Jesus wept, written by sad wanks that think Football Manager is real life. 

As soon as anynody mentions tactics yous cunts come out with the FM patter.

This article is based on real life tactics from a real life team against other real life teams

7 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

This article is based on real life tactics from a real life team against other real life teams

And it is a pile of pooh written by a know nothing arse.

45 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

It's fucking nonsense, have you actually watched the muppets that you want to play wing back actually play football.