theiconicman

Dougie Wright analysis on Rangers Observer

DennyBlueNose    406
1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

Dougie Wright comments for new season.

Good read and I'd agree with him, esp re: cover for Wallace. Interested to read Beerman is natural right sided.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/views/2017/7/16/analysis-a-system-to-fit-pedros-rangers

The stats for regular starters is unreal, a top team with 3 players in the team over 75% of the time is ridiculous and I have to agree with him that it played a major part in our poor season. 

Hopefully this season we can start to see a more regular first team emerge, fuck all this chopping and changing very game. 

Smile    12,318

The Stats are skewed a bit as Pedro was trying things out we were poor last season no stat can hide that.

Laudrup1984    6,189
40 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Dougie Wright comments for new season.

Good read and I'd agree with him, esp re: cover for Wallace. Interested to read Beerman is natural right sided.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/views/2017/7/16/analysis-a-system-to-fit-pedros-rangers

I quite like Beerman and think he can progress in to a decent wee player, more from an offensive point of view. However, I don't think he is a great defender (so far anyway) and he looks entirely all left footed. I don't know if this was a mistake but Beerman looks anything but naturally right sided...........

Rangers_no1    3,357

Wee Dougie was a good poster on here, too bad not posted for a couple of years even-though he still views the site.

Good article, although not convinced by Beerman at all.

G.E.C.    3,967
2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Wee Dougie was a good poster on here, too bad not posted for a couple of years even-though he still views the site.

Good article, although not convinced by Beerman at all.

Dougie as in the Roma fan who posted here?

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I quite like Beerman and think he can progress in to a decent wee player, more from an offensive point of view. However, I don't think he is a great defender (so far anyway) and he looks entirely all left footed. I don't know if this was a mistake but Beerman looks anything but naturally right sided...........

He was a right winger at city afaik

Rangers_no1    3,357
3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Dougie as in the Roma fan who posted here?

Yeah mate DJW.

Laudrup1984    6,189
Just now, Lloyd72 said:

He was a right winger at city afaik

I thought he was a left winger/left back in the City youths. To me though he is not naturally right sided. He's as left footed as Wallace, always looking to get on his left side........

DennyBlueNose    406

7% Senderos tho, what a fuck up Warburton made of it after such promise to begin with. 

At the time I remember thinking him and Davie would have us playing Champions league football, oh how wrong I was. 

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I thought he was a left winger/left back in the City youths. To me though he is not naturally right sided. He's as left footed as Wallace, always looking to get on his left side........

Most places have him down as able to play wing or defence on both sides

RFCRobertson    7,230

The best thing I can say about Beerman is when he was playing, it didn't make me think "I wish that were Wallace instead." 

For a upcoming lad, I'd say he's doing not bad for age and I think with some more years under his belt he could be a good player. 

gazza27    2,499

Beerman was piss poor defensively imo

Blue Avenger    5,883
1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Beerman is naturally shite.

Rather fucking harsh on the poor boy.:lol:

I think there's a player in there and hope to fuck I'm right.

WilliamMunny    249

Beerman can be a decent attacking wide player imo.  Give him chance there throughout the season, see how he does.

gmcf    6,331

Let's hope for a more settled side this season . 

1 hour ago, DennyBlueNose said:

The stats for regular starters is unreal, a top team with 3 players in the team over 75% of the time is ridiculous and I have to agree with him that it played a major part in our poor season. 

Hopefully this season we can start to see a more regular first team emerge, fuck all this chopping and changing very game. 

Managers who buy shite players  chop and  change in the hope one or two will have a good day. Unfortunately the vast majority  of players MW brought in were shit.

On a positive note Pedro has brought in some international players who he should be able to rely on a  provide us with stability. Fingers crossed.

Boaby Bear    193

Good read.

Going 442 seems logical with the personnel available.  

Brian Fantana    6,550

He's ignored the fact Pedro has stated he'll build round Kranjcar and he's dropped Miller. Load of fantasy football pish. 

shaka    82

I think people forget how young and inexperienced Beerman is and he will hopefully improve with first team experience. It will help having someone as good as Alves in defence to guide him. I think it's good for the young defenders to have the opportunity to learn from someone who has played and played well at the highest level instead of someone like Senderos.

24 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He's ignored the fact Pedro has stated he'll build round Kranjcar and he's dropped Miller. Load of fantasy football pish. 

Miller has been told to find a new club. Keep up mate!

Deanzmeanzheinz    2,080

Ok, fuck it. I'll predict what will happen in the first 10-12 games.

We will drop points roughly every second game due to a lack of cutting edge, flair, imagination both in home and away games - 1-1 being a very familiar score. The dhims will beat us in Sept although this time it will be a tight game.

By end of october we will be 12-14 pts behind them and Pedro will be on the edge. Call me a doom merchant but it's what i think. Both that big Cameroonian midfielder and that french guy theyve just signed will flourish and be suddenly worth 3-4 times what they paid for them. Thats the formula, good scouting, more ambition in the transfer market to identify 19-23 yr old and a very good coach who improves them and sells them at top dollar to the richest league in the world. And the money is recycled and on and on it goes .......

So more than anything we need to pull out the stops and find a decent coach. Davie Moyes? Controversial giving he played for 'them' but he grew up a bluenose, he's currently out of a job.  No doubt that name will divide opinion but come up with your own name cos it aint Pedro. 

RDFM    2,634
10 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Ok, fuck it. I'll predict what will happen in the first 10-12 games.

We will drop points roughly every second game due to a lack of cutting edge, flair, imagination both in home and away games - 1-1 being a very familiar score. The dhims will beat us in Sept although this time it will be a tight game.

By end of october we will be 12-14 pts behind them and Pedro will be on the edge. Call me a doom merchant but it's what i think. Both that big Cameroonian midfielder and that french guy theyve just signed will flourish and be suddenly worth 3-4 times what they paid for them. Thats the formula, good scouting, more ambition in the transfer market to identify 19-23 yr old and a very good coach who improves them and sells them at top dollar to the richest league in the world. And the money is recycled and on and on it goes .......

So more than anything we need to pull out the stops and find a decent coach. Davie Moyes? Controversial giving he played for 'them' but he grew up a bluenose, he's currently out of a job.  No doubt that name will divide opinion but come up with your own name cos it aint Pedro. 

This is pretty much what I expect to happen too, although I see Hibs beating us and that being essentially the straw that breaks the camel's back at least in the case of the support.