Dougie Wright analysis on Rangers Observer

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Is Dougie Wright a bear?

Never could tell what his allegiance was, which is largely why I respect his opinion so much.

Nice to see someone who talks about Scottish football from a purely impartial stand point.

If only the same could be said for a majority of the people providing coverage of our sport...

If papers were actually able to provide tactical insight and analysis, I think more people would buy them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, theiconicman said:

If papers were actually able to provide tactical insight and analysis, I think more people would buy them.

Indeed. Our football coverage needs a radical transformation. 

I litterally seen a headline the other day about Candeias, Morelos and Cardoso getting a haircut. 

Pitiful.

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Managers who buy shite players  chop and  change in the hope one or two will have a good day. Unfortunately the vast majority  of players MW brought in were shit.

On a positive note Pedro has brought in some international players who he should be able to rely on a  provide us with stability. Fingers crossed.

I know mate, hopefully we start to see a bit of continuity this season, the thing that annoyed me most about MW  was that he didn't know his best lineup. 

Many a time last season I can remember watching and thinking a player had a good game only to see them dropped for the next game. Wilson for example, he would play one of two games, look solid, then was dropped for seemingly nothing. That's just one example, I actually think that some of the duds from last season could have came onto a game if they were given a run in the first team. 

31 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Is Dougie Wright a bear?

Never could tell what his allegiance was, which is largely why I respect his opinion so much.

Nice to see someone who talks about Scottish football from a purely impartial stand point.

If only the same could be said for a majority of the people providing coverage of our sport...

Can't be sure but wasn't there a Dougie Wright who wrote for RM?

19 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I liked what I seen of Beerman

His performances against Patrick Roberts gave me the fear.

seemed decent against the lower teams in the league but struggled defensively against The aforementioned.

i think there's a decent player in there just not sure in which position?

Just now, IbroxBurnzy said:

His performances against Patrick Roberts gave me the fear.

seemed decent against the lower teams in the league but struggled defensively against The aforementioned.

i think there's a decent player in there just not sure in which position?

To be fair we shouldn't have to be throwing young players straight into games against the taigs. Shambolic that we're in that position. 

24 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

I know mate, hopefully we start to see a bit of continuity this season, the thing that annoyed me most about MW  was that he didn't know his best lineup. 

Many a time last season I can remember watching and thinking a player had a good game only to see them dropped for the next game. Wilson for example, he would play one of two games, look solid, then was dropped for seemingly nothing. That's just one example, I actually think that some of the duds from last season could have came onto a game if they were given a run in the first team. 

Dropping Wilson but keeping Keirnan as his mainstay central defender. Says it all to me. Wilson had his bad day but I cant remember Keirnen having a single good game.

How raging would you be if you were Wilson and Keirnen was playing whilst you were on the bench?

MW is a second rate mamager. We made the mistake of thinking he coyld develop a team with grit.

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Ok, fuck it. I'll predict what will happen in the first 10-12 games.

We will drop points roughly every second game due to a lack of cutting edge, flair, imagination both in home and away games - 1-1 being a very familiar score. The dhims will beat us in Sept although this time it will be a tight game.

By end of october we will be 12-14 pts behind them and Pedro will be on the edge. Call me a doom merchant but it's what i think. Both that big Cameroonian midfielder and that french guy theyve just signed will flourish and be suddenly worth 3-4 times what they paid for them. Thats the formula, good scouting, more ambition in the transfer market to identify 19-23 yr old and a very good coach who improves them and sells them at top dollar to the richest league in the world. And the money is recycled and on and on it goes .......

So more than anything we need to pull out the stops and find a decent coach. Davie Moyes? Controversial giving he played for 'them' but he grew up a bluenose, he's currently out of a job.  No doubt that name will divide opinion but come up with your own name cos it aint Pedro. 

You may not be far wrong in that but how do we fund someone like Moyes and the players he'll need? Did the board go for PC because he would make do with cheaper players and just might acieve a miracle?  I don't really know how or why we signed him, but there must have been some reason.  

In the meantime we've got to get behind him and the team, because it's all we've got and fuck, we might even get a good surprise. It may be a bit rich coming from me, but we've also got to back the board on this one, because it's the one thing they really need to have got right this time around.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You may not be far wrong in that but how do we fund someone like Moyes and the players he'll need? Did the board go for PC because he would make do with cheaper players and just might acieve a miracle?  I don't really know how or why we signed him, but there must have been some reason.  

In the meantime we've got to get behind him and the team, because it's all we've got and fuck, we might even get a good surprise. It may be a bit rich coming from me, but we've also got to back the board on this one, because it's the one thing they really need to have got right this time around.

I agree - i really hope i'm wrong.

My argument about money on a top class coach is that it's really an investment. 

For example - say you went for Moyes  (or of course some other names of that kind of calibre) and he's 40k a week. It only needs him to transform one player into a top class performer - lets use Tav or Foderingham as an example. If they really develop then along comes a West Ham, Everton, Newcastle and the bidding starts at 10m 

The difficulty is that attracting a good coach is not just about his own wages.It's about what money he will get to build a team. I think that's why Pedro is here. 

6 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I wonder if Pedro will be around long enough, for me to spell his surname correctly every time?

I've nearly got the pronunciation of his surname right. Hoping to have it spot on before the Motherwell game kicks off..???

New team with players from far and wide will need time to gel and I'd have thought it almost natural that we'll drop some points on the way. An appraisal at Xmas would be fairer than bowing to pressure before the summer is finished.

However, it seems when you apply that to Rangers, you don't get time to fit the pieces together.

The level of expectation that exists simply isn't going to be fulfilled in the short-term and the level of finance required to keep the managerial merry-go-round in business isn't there.

---------------------

What'll actually happen ? 

Inconsistent results and unhappy/impatient fans

Media stoking the fire and will vilify Pedro's unconventional reactions

Board will come under pressure and will have decision to make

My guess is gone by October

8 hours ago, RDFM said:

Don't want to be a pure depressant but does anyone feel really uninspired with Mark Allen?

I'm disappointed in him, he's done absolutely fuck all, of course there is the fact he hasn't actually started his job yet (1st August) but that's a poor excuse really .... sack the cunt !!

13 minutes ago, Ace said:

I'm disappointed in him, he's done absolutely fuck all, of course there is the fact he hasn't actually started his job yet (1st August) but that's a poor excuse really .... sack the cunt !!

You'd like to think the post you quoted was attempting to be ironic but it only reflects a heid in the clouds of an alternative and impatient reality.

16 minutes ago, Ace said:

I wasn't actually talking about what he's done here obviously, I was referring to his CV which is largely unremarkable when analyzed.

deanzmeanzheinz views make grim reading but i have to agree with him in my view your money should be spent on the most important thing at the club and that is to pay for the best manager you can afford, easier said than done i know taking everything in to account the leauge we play in etc but there is a stand out manager available at the moment ex club brugge coach michel preudhomme won trophies at every club he has managed