Your Rangers F.C. Star Six?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Cellic fans already petitioning the Star Six organisers to have us banned, fined and Star Six titles stripped for breach of rules ?

Ffs, Penny only dropped about 10 minutes ago what you were getting at, I've been on google looking for the story about the above petition ???

Mr Warburton alternative team.

Foderingham

Over the hill full back ex London team, ex Accrington Stanley player, Over the hill full back ex London team, Acrington Stanley player, Loanee.

Loanee,Loanee. Loanee, Loanee,

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Can't believe that me and @siddiqi_drinker are the only people to mention our greatest player, and I'm the only one to mention our two greatest players.

Aye but in fairness I'm not old enough to have seen Alan Morton, how good was he ??  :whistle:

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Ooft! That's a fucking line up and a half! Serious legends in there. Slim Jim, Bud, Eric, break a leg, wee Wullie. My older brother had a big fuck off poster of Eric Caldow. Think he was Captain before John Greig. Forgot about Souness as a player. Fuck all getting past him or Greig. I vaguely remember Bud Johnston. Like fucking lightening down the wing and tough as they come. Scored 2 in the ECWC final and I'm sure he won the old professional Powderhall sprint race. They don't make them like that anymore.

Imagine what they would cost today??

38 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Imagine what they would cost today??

Well, there's not many who could afford them and currently, defo not us.

I also remember another great favourite in Alex MacDonald, Doddy. Hard as fucking nails and scored a few. 

Whilst I fully revelled in 9IAR, the fan base had changed along with the all seater stadiums, as the ordinary fan was priced out and the prawn sandwich brigade moved in, right next to fucking me. Murray may have given us modern day glory, but robbed us to a degree of tradition, as the whole world went PC mad and the dignified silence set in. Don't get me wrong I'd give an arm and a leg to have players like Gazza, Amo, Laudrup and their like now, but on looking back,  I preferred my life as a supporter beforehand. Unsanitised, raw and singing WTF we liked. with the rain running down the back of my neck or a can of piss all over my trouser leg. No prima donnas on the park, just raw passion willing to die for the jersey. Tam Forsyth laying waste to all who stood in front of him. There was something just more honest about it all, that made you feel so much better about watching your team put the enemy to the sword.

Fucksake, how's that for sentiment. Maybe time has distorted my memories!

Wee Doddy was reckoned to be the fittest player at Ibrox in his day, 3ft 6 and scored a bunch of goals with his head.  Him, Bud and Wee Wullie Henderson, 3 of my favs,  would be lucky to be 6ft if you stacked them one atop another but each had the heart of a lion. Contrast with overpaid cunts like Nicky Law, Halliday, McKay etc....

Wee Bud, sent off something like 16 times, now that's passion.