Bronzy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Make him captain Pedro. 

The team needs it.

Not seen leadership from any other player this season. Or much last season other than Hill.

Think Wallace is an average left back never mind captain.

Alves has 90 caps and has played at a higher level than any other player in the squad.

I think players should be inspired by captain. Don't see it with Wallace, anticipate it with Alves.

I also like a captain to be a dominant CH or a hardy cunt CM like say Souness who can sort shit out.

Covers it.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not seen leadership from any other player this season. Or much last season other than Hill.

Think Wallace is an average left back never mind captain.

Alves has 90 caps and has played at a higher level than any other player in the squad.

I think players should be inspired by captain. Don't see it with Wallace, anticipate it with Alves.

I also like a captain to be a dominant CH or a hardy cunt CM like say Souness who can sort shit out.

Covers it.

6 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

You don't need to be captain to be a leader, would be very disrespectful to Wallace to strip him of it for someone who's never kicked a ball for us IMO.

You can be a leader without being captain. But shouldn't be captain without being a leader.

Wallace deserves credit for staying but imo is a poor captain. What did he demonstrate by way of qualities when we meekly got pumped out of Europe.

We need the best men for each job. Including captain.

I think Alves is more likely to lead by example and demand more from others.

90 odd caps and the experience he has suggests the fact he's not played for us shouldn't be a deterrent from being made captain.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You can be a leader without being captain. But shouldn't be captain without being a leader.

Wallace deserves credit for staying but imo is a poor captain. What did he demonstrate by way of qualities when we meekly got pumped out of Europe.

We need the best men for each job. Including captain.

I think Alves is more likely to lead by example and demand more from others.

90 odd caps and the experience he has suggests the fact he's not played for us shouldn't be a deterrent from being made captain.

I'd say he leads by example, off the park anyway.

I don't think Wallace should be guaranteed a start but he should be the club captain until he decides to leave/retire as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

I don't think Wallace should be guaranteed a start but he should be the club captain until he decides to leave/retire as far as I'm concerned.

Wallace hangs around in the wrong crowd off the pitch. Not that I give a fuck but I dare say he isn't the epitome of innocence off field. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Wallace hangs around in the wrong crowd off the pitch. Not that I give a fuck but I dare say he isn't the epitome of innocence off field. 

Aye but that led to the Lee Wallace has a gun song and I like that so good on him

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Lovely way to talk about a guy who sacrificed his career for us.

No wait that's right so he did.... sorry. He would be a superstar with Wolves FC just now, getting relegated and what not had he not stayed.

Apologies Francis I didn't realise you were psychic. 

7 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

you can't have a club captain sitting on the bench ffs.... 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

you can't have a club captain sitting on the bench ffs.... 

Yes you could. Happens all the time in football. If club captain not in team, manager appoints a team captain for the game in question. John Terry remained as Chelsea club captain last season for instance.