Lee Hodson - Is he injured?

14 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Was on international duty with NI at the start of pre-season so came back late. Not in the mix for the EL so I presume Pedro doesn't rate him and he'll be moved on.

Still surprises me he's a Northern Irish international. 

Hoping he's moved on soon, as he's just not good enough. We need to shift the likes of Hodson, Windass and Crooks as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Still surprises me he's a Northern Irish international. 

Hoping he's moved on soon, as he's just not good enough. We need to shift the likes of Hodson, Windass and Crooks as soon as possible.

The game in Azerbaijan was the first game that NI won which Hodson featured in. He was only on for about 5 mins mind you.

He has never stood out for me. I wished him well when he joined, but I think Motherwell or St Johnstone is more his level.

1 minute ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

The game in Azerbaijan was the first game that NI won which Hodson featured in. He was only on for about 5 mins mind you.

He has never stood out for me. I wished him well when he joined, but I think Motherwell or St Johnstone is more his level.

I was optimistic about him as a utility player than can play in either full back position is usually always a good addition to the squad, but he's not stood out as being any better than most of Warburton's signings. He's a bit more solid at the back than Tavernier, but that's about it. (Even then, he's been guilty of making errors - despite what some would say.)

He's not good enough for Rangers, but I think he at least made an effort to be. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up. 

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

I was optimistic about him as a utility player than can play in either full back position is usually always a good addition to the squad, but he's not stood out as being any better than most of Warburton's signings. He's a bit more solid at the back than Tavernier, but that's about it. (Even then, he's been guilty of making errors - despite what some would say.)

He's not good enough for Rangers, but I think he at least made an effort to be. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up. 

He'll end up in League 1 in England. Just another poor MW signing.

Wondering where all the bad press for Hodson comes from? An NI international as far as I'm aware also remember him pocketing sinclair in the league cup semi which very few in this league have done for 90 minutes. Do remember a brain fart from him against St Johnstone when he got robbed on the edge of the box from that Alston but hes a better defender than Tav. 

On the subject of Tav I'd probably like to see someone in his place and him wide right of a 442 if Candeias flops

2 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Far better than tav wil ever be at defence and isn't to bad going forward and will be a better player with a team of better players. I'd get rid of tav and keep hodson but don't think that will happen 

Just shows how people see things differently regarding football; my opinion is that Hodson is a hopeless defender and not very good going forward. I did watch him carefully one game and reckon 90% of his passes were back passes when the better option was to pass forward, lack of confidence or lack of ability?